PDA

View Full Version : Fishing w/ a bobber

bigblue
01-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Is there any way in keeping ur bobber from floating all over the place? When fishing irvine lake i like to use the bobber to prevent loosing so many tackle due to all the weeds but i cant when i got other anglers next to me. So my ? Is there any way to keep ur line from moving so much? Hope it makes sense n thanks for those that would leave me any feedback.

Liteliner
01-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Im not sure if its possible unless it were glass conditions on the lake and no wind at all. Another option would be to cast an slowly retrieve it back. What do you fish under the bobber? What kind of bobbers do you use? How deep do you wanna fish?

BanginBob
01-28-2009, 07:24 PM
BB on the wire:

Use a very small one an it will help keep it near to the boat; If on shore then fish the tear drop ones, but like anything that floats, if there's wind its impossible. I use the BanginBobbers for LNL with the BB secial and its a guaranteed hitter for the male hookjaws; When the byte slows, just watch the bobber and its like the movie jaws when the barrel goes under! I kid you not I hooked up on a lloyd an watched my bobber litterally breaking water across the shore! It was a Bang! Bang! The sob ending was the lloyd broke off, but have to say its great fishing with a bobber!

sansou
01-28-2009, 07:31 PM
On a really windy day, use a clear bobber, fill most of it with water. Harder to see, but seems to help me when I don't want to constantly re-cast my line.

GdHkSet1
01-28-2009, 08:09 PM
In addition to the previous great tips, I use weighted bobbers with my float-n-fly rig. I found some orange weighted bobbers at a K-mart. I've seen folks spray paint thier casting bubbles so they can locate them easier. Good luck out there.

snag
01-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Fish em like my old man does....he put about 10 big split shots below the bobber.
I keep telling him the bobber is suppose to float but he doesn't listen, perhaps he's on to something.... I guarantee you, he has no issues with the wind.

What blew my mind was he actually caught a 5lb bass on this set up, LOL.

Good luck out there

jim532
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
in my experience, the smaller the bobber the more it's gonna drift. I have a couple that are about the size of a tennis ball, but it's kinda like throwing a grenade into the water.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Im a float freak (bobber).thers nothing more exciting than your float going down. Actually i find the wind is your friend, when using a float,but in the right circumstances. Most of the people at the pudd, know my love for my ocean float setup. I use a 8.5 salmon spinning for fresh water ,with a 6 'to 8 ' tag. A weedless hooked night crawler, is my go to, when its in the colder months. The float will move slowly ,with the wind, and cover more water. I use it with crawfish ,and plastics. To prevent to much move ment when alot of people are around you,make your bait weedless if possible, and go as long with your leader till it slows the movement down. Thats why i use a 8.5 ft noodle spinning with 4lb to 6lb leader. My bigger rig which is a med heavy casting 8'.5"rod cardiff 200 ,and 8lb 6ft to 8ft leader.for bigger fish, and my ocean shallow hailbut ,and croaker bay rig. Hope this helps and god bless and good luck............mike the pmb....