PDA

View Full Version : 1-28 Lots of fish in the Water none in the boat

TheTrueFisherman
01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey all i'm new to California fishing, i'm from ohio originally. I will be here for at least another year and am trying to get all the hints and tips i can. I'll let everybody know that i'm only 15 min from DVL...so if anyone ever wants to go fishing i'm always down to go. I went out today on a rented boat and saw lots of nice LMB and trout as well. Well my tackle box is in ohio right now so i'm kinda limited on what to use. I was runnin a crankbait about 15 ft deep all day with no luck on that. I tried to use the old faithful worm to catch some trout but no such luck. I kinda get the idea that you really have to know the lake to catch the fish and anyone that can help me do that would be awesome. My biggest LMB is only 8lbs and i'd really like to catch a 10+ before i leave California. Any input you guys can give would be appreciated, just drop me a message if you want to go slay some fish.

MAVERICK27
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Your best bet would be to grab Art Berry and have him guid you out there. He can teahc you all you need to rule that lake!! If you cant afford it, then there ar a lot of members here that can give you tips. There is a lot of knowledge about DVL and fishing here on these boards!!! Good luck and keep us updated!

Pete Marino
01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Pete:Cool:

PetemarinoGuideService .com
(909)510-5679

lurk 182
01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
now's a tough time of year for bass in general but not a bad time to catch a monster, which are usually caught between december and april as many of the big bass are eating the stocked trout that are dumped in most of our lakes all winter. if you want to swing for the fences and are ok not catching a lot of fish, get a swimbait setup and throw the big baits until you're tired, then work a jig real slow the rest of the time in fifteen to thirty feet (give or take). to just catch fish, spoon deeper fish you find on the meter that are relating to bait or drop shot light line and 4 in. worms in the same areas you'd fish the jig.

DKCbassman
01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
DVL is a good all around lake to fish. It's really not that hard to catch fish. It's really hard if your from another state and don't know the lake. I see Pete sent you a message, I highly recommend getting a good start and figure out a solid pattern with a guide.

kewlwhip
01-30-2009, 07:46 AM
-ohio! sweet got some friends from there...you guys have some nice lakes out there...

Ne Ways, if you get one of the DVL guides you won't go wrong, just archive or read up the reports...i personally recommend Trout Only Guide Services (click on his banner ad up top on FNN)...especially if you wanna target trout or some stripers...all the others are in there as well...got one of my first SMB's there-

Or, since your so close to DVL...hit it up anytime possible...i would! GoodLuck, probably see ya out there-

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/DSC00541.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/oct2008055.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/DSC00501.jpg