PDA

View Full Version : DFG stocking Lincoln Park Lake(video)

EchoTrout
01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Hope it helps:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::Shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7NT5H-Ojdk

howstar
01-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I love the comerant in the back round eating the trout :Neutral:. Thanks for the video :Razz:

arctic
01-28-2009, 04:43 PM
thats a hela beating for the trout there. i tought they use slides rather than netting them... at least wat i have seen for catfish. when was this stocked? thanx

HBJapo
01-28-2009, 05:08 PM
thats a hela beating for the trout there. i tought they use slides rather than netting them... at least wat i have seen for catfish. when was this stocked? thanx

I agree, that will produce some die off there. When I saw them plant at HB Central, they just pulled a lever on the tank and the fish FLOWED out the back. Even a slide would be better than that. Those fish are beyond shocked. :Shocked: Our dollars at work, or getting worked!

Nice video, though, thanks!

Japo :Envious:

SoCaL_Ep3
01-28-2009, 05:53 PM
most of em look like ants. Anyways thx for the info.

tenderloin
01-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the video

The fish are sucked by a vacuum like machine from the holding pens up a 20 ft large tube and plopped into the truck tank. They are transported from either Victorville or Fillmore on bumpy roads, highways, starts and stops. The netting/stocking process is no worse then the rest of their journey.

Unless the DFG truck has multiple tanks, this is what they usually do, otherwise they would have to replace the lost water in the tank before they head to the next stocking. Usually on the last stocking will the tank gets pulled.

BTW streams and creeks are stocked the same way..

smokinflies
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Hope it helps:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::Shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7NT5H-Ojdk

Help who, the poachers? J/K dude.

Well we all know where everyone gonna be fishing at tomorrow.

tucunare
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
pretty interesting, thanx for the vid. How about the pay lakes- LNL, SARL, etc? I assume they buy fish from somewhere, mostly larger than these (from what I've seen)?

castaguey
01-28-2009, 11:14 PM
i was there this morning while they stocked it. pretty cool. poachers came around took some and they left. DFG came around 2:30 and checked everyone to make sure they had a licence. they busted one poacher and busted another dude for having more than 5 trout on his stringer. DFG is going around more often around theses lakes like legg lake and lincoln and a few other parks. i hope they keep showing up and busting poachers!

yakfu
01-29-2009, 08:10 AM
my understanding of this process based on the information that i recieved from one of the drivers who was stocking Prado one day, is that the solution of water in the truck actually puts the fish in a simi "high" state so that the transportation process is less of a shock on the fish.....After the fish are stocked in the lake, the driver told me it takes anywhere between fifteen minutes to an hour for the "high" to fade and then the obvious thing happens. These fish get the munchies and go on a feeding tear...I witnessed this one time at Peck road resivor a few years back...We watched the fish swim around for about an hour then everyone standing with me had there limit within 6-8 minutes. The same thing happened at Prado but I think the solution was a little stronger due to the fact that there were some probational worker standing at the boat ramp sweeping the trout back in the water as they kept trying to beach themselves.....

HBJapo
01-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the video

The fish are sucked by a vacuum like machine from the holding pens up a 20 ft large tube and plopped into the truck tank. They are transported from either Victorville or Fillmore on bumpy roads, highways, starts and stops. The netting/stocking process is no worse then the rest of their journey.

Unless the DFG truck has multiple tanks, this is what they usually do, otherwise they would have to replace the lost water in the tank before they head to the next stocking. Usually on the last stocking will the tank gets pulled.

BTW streams and creeks are stocked the same way..

my understanding of this process based on the information that i recieved from one of the drivers who was stocking Prado one day, is that the solution of water in the truck actually puts the fish in a simi "high" state so that the transportation process is less of a shock on the fish.....After the fish are stocked in the lake, the driver told me it takes anywhere between fifteen minutes to an hour for the "high" to fade and then the obvious thing happens. These fish get the munchies and go on a feeding tear...I witnessed this one time at Peck road resivor a few years back...We watched the fish swim around for about an hour then everyone standing with me had there limit within 6-8 minutes. The same thing happened at Prado but I think the solution was a little stronger due to the fact that there were some probational worker standing at the boat ramp sweeping the trout back in the water as they kept trying to beach themselves.....

Thanks for the info guys, that is some interesting stuff. Always good to have some insight into the process.

Thanks again for sharing, now, go get 'em!

Japo :Envious:

smokinflies
01-29-2009, 06:04 PM

So basically you're saying DFG get the fish stoned on the way to the lakes and then the fish get the munchies an hour later.:Shocked:

Classic.:Cool:

The Angler
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM
:Secret:Damn i guess i needs Da secret Kush gravy!!!!

Bradakas
01-29-2009, 10:31 PM
:Secret:Damn i guess i needs Da secret Kush gravy!!!!

I'll be sure to soak my red, green, yellow rastafari colored roostertail in that gravy.

Good tip :Secret:

Koontaj
01-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm going tonight, just for fun. Any lead suggestions?

I was thinking of using 6'' lead or should I stick to 12" to 18"?