PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Info

silkgato
01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I haven't been on the board or able to fish for that matter for a while and wanted to come to the pros for some help fishin' the vine this week. My wife and I are in the process of finalizing an adoption of a precious baby girl and I have found some time to get out for a few hours Friday.

I have my own boat and will probably arrive around 7 or 7:30. The last time out I was just getting used to the basics of trolling and prefer it to still fishing for trout now, however, I am not totally against still fishing, I have just been spoiled by the experience of hooking up a few on the troll.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Matt

MAVERICK27
01-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Let us know what help and advice you need. I go there every weekend and can tell you what I do, but everyone has a little different advice and/or experiences. i should be there Saturday trolling.

BingJr
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Mav is the Magic Man on the vine. A pm to him would get ya all the info you need.

MAVERICK27
01-28-2009, 05:26 PM
You are too kind Bing! :)

Marley
01-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Matt,
Congratulations on your new daughterl! Folks like you and your wife are so awesome to adopt a child. Good on ya!
I hang a few trout trolling at Irvine while pulling a flame-orange MiraShad. Every once in a while I will troll a CD-5 Rapala in firetiger for mixed results. But my best results come on half a nightcrawler, blown up and fished Carolina-style 16 inches up. Dipped in garlic oil, these herbed wigglers are simply deadly. Find 12 feet of water and have fun!
BTW, such a momentous occasion requires pictures. How 'bout it? Let's see her.

Troutman65
01-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Matt, if you ever need any help cathing fish at Irvine Lake please ask at the tackle shop for Patrick. I will do my best to put you on spot for the current trout bite and what bait the trout are biting on. I am not much of a troller but I do know what works and so on.

Congrats on your little one.

TM65

sansou
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=301560#post301560

troutdog
01-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Congrats on the new addition to the family, what an incredible occasion!

PM sent

TD

beware
01-29-2009, 06:52 AM
You'll have a great time trolling Irvine, I have not found a consistent color for this year because they have hit on everything i've but out, although my quantity of catches has been smaller than last year. Check out the weather report also, as of this minute there are high winds today and tomorrow, although you can never believe the reports these days.
Saturday looks to be a good day so i'll be on the troll then.

A new hot lure is the Rapala GSR 4 Glass Shad in Blue.

Good luck...

b.ware

BassMasterson
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Way to go on the baby girl. I got one on the way myself... guess we better get our fishing time in while we still can! good luck! by the way, I'm certainly not a pro, but I was there last week and all bites for me were on good ol' PB and night crawlers... good results though!

silkgato
01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
You are all the best and I thank you for the fishing tips and the well wishes about the adoption. My wife and I are excited. I have had to make a promise to not take my daughter out on the boat until two things happen, one she gets swimming lessons and two she turns three years old. She is preregistered for the "mommy and me" swimming lessons for this summer so June of 2011 we will be fishin' on the boat for the first time!

As some of you have requested here is a photo (if I do this correct) of our little Ashley Rose just before her first Christmas. We will see about the forcasted wind for tomorrow and again, thanks and I hope to see you at the lake sometimes.

Matt

MAVERICK27
01-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Awe, humbug!! I have 8 month old twins that go out on my boat every weekend for months now. They are kind of the un-official mascots for Team 57 :)

Better safe then sorry though. My lil guys dont crawl around yet