PDA

View Full Version : So which 4" bbz pattern is the best?

ddoskocil
01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Most of you had recommended the bbz over the tungston, but which pattern? Shad, Bluegill, or trout (if there is a trout pattern)? I know they chase shad around a lot, but I also know if they can catch a bluegill, they will crush it. So which pattern?

HEMAN
01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
i have the dirty shad pattern, but they all look very nice..

the only thing i dont like is that it only has one treble hook on it.. so not sure bout the hookup ratio, cause i've never got on a fish on it yet.

DarkShadow
01-28-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageSPROSWIM-SBZSFS.html

They don't have any bluegill or trout patterns in this bait. The Natural Shad looks great in the water, but like many people, I have yet to catch any fish on it.

Nothing like fishing wide open boils with the bait and not having 1 hookup.

dockboy
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
You know its funny. Ive seen the bait in action and it has much potential. The bait moves like a large shad sunning on the surface. However,it seems the bait has seen a lack of success among many anglers. I think this bait will come into its own when the fish are feeding on larger bait. I personally dont think it will be an effective boil bait, especially as the average shad recently are on smaller sizes. After watching the Siemantal vid on it too, I thin too many guys are over fishing the bait too. There is so much to do with this bait besides a basic grind. But remember this is just IMo, I dont own or fish the bait regularly and Im only speaking from observations of friends and fellow anglers who let me throw the bait around a little.
Look for custom jobs too. I believe we arent far from seeing a bluegill and baby bass release of this bait. Several online custom paint shops are already painting some excellent colors in these patterns.

basscatcher
01-28-2009, 09:09 PM
if the bait was just a little smaller people would be doing good with it. nice bait though i have the threadfin shad.

God Bless

basscatcher