PDA

View Full Version : I got to go fishing yesterday

ART HILL
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Yesterday my oldest son Art Jr. and his friend Jeff decided to take my boat to Vail for the afternoon. Being the generous person that he is, Art Jr. invited me to join them on "my" boat. Thanks Art! :LOL: After begging the wife to let me go for a couple of hours, she agreed, but only if I promised to call her if I got to tired to stay. Yeah right. :ROFL:She did call me after 2 hours to see if I wanted to come home.

We arrived at the lake at around 1:00 P.M., and were soon on the water. We headed towards the dam, and soon I saw Pete Marino and his friend fishing. I headed over towards him, and said hello. Pete said the fishing was good, and then I headed over to one of my favorite spots to see if the fish wanted to play.

After arriving to my spot, and finding it empty of fisherman, I grabbed my jig stick, and on my third cast, I was on a fish. It was not big, about 2 pounds, but it was my first fish of 2009, and my first since I got sick last month. It felt so good. Just what I needed.

We fished until 4:30 P.M., and I must admit, I was exhausted and sore, but it was a blast. After being stuck sitting at home for the last 4 weeks recovering, this was just what I needed. I felt reborn yesterday.

We caught approximately 25-30 fish between us, with Jeff being the hot stick. Fish were caught on jigs, C-Rig, Crankbaits, and blades. The biggest fish caught yesterday was a solid 4+, caught by Jeff on a blade. Art Jr. also caught one of Vail's monster crappie yesterday, on a spinnerbait. It was a beast, at least a 2.5 pound fish. We caught fish at everyone of my spots, and I was glad to see that the fish were still there.

Thanks Art and Jeff for taking me fishing yesterday. And thank you Lise for letting me go.

Good :Fishing Hole: to everyone.

Art

www.vaillakeguideservice.com (http://www.vaillakeguideservice.com)

HANG'IN ONE
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Great report Art, it's always nice to get out with your kids & fish. Hope everything is fine with you so you can enjoy many, many more of those trips.

Tight lines

Joe

fish4keep
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Glad to see you're recovering......

Granny Fish
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Glad to see you are feeling better and out doing what you love. :Cool:

goseango
01-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Good to see you "found" the keys to the boat :ROFL: . Glad you are feeling better.

Kevin

snag
01-28-2009, 11:49 AM
WTG Art...Nice of the kid to invite you out on your boat too, LOL.

Tight lines

ART HILL
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
WTG Art...Nice of the kid to invite you out on your boat too, LOL.

Tight lines

He is out there again today, but today I got no invite. :ROFL: Actually today I had a doctors appointment, and when I returned home at noon, Art Jr. and my boat were gone. :Angry:

sidified
01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Glad to hear you're back on the hunt--It must have done wonders for your spirits--

Ronira
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Glad to hear your feeling better Art, if fishing don't heal you up nothing will. I live across the street from a friend of yours and he says nice things. Hope you have a speedy recovery and do more fishing.

hippi
01-30-2009, 12:33 PM
good to see you back buddy, and glad your feeling better!!! now go hang some fatty's!!!

SoCalGuy7
01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Great to see you out Art ! ! ! ! !