PDA

View Full Version : wife training!

twin22s
01-28-2009, 01:24 AM
well i did it, i talked her into going fishing... but its january, shiioot! i want her to catch something and she doesn't like trout, too slimy. anyone have any suggestions on somewhere there are alot of small bass, perch, crappie. anywhere in LA, OC, or SD countys. i'll suck up the gas if i can get her hooked on fishing. the strippers doing any good somewhere? if i need a boat i'll rent one. i've been to skinner a few times with limited sucess but another lake like skinner with a faster bite would be perfect i was thinking Parris do they rent boats? i have seen some guys catching the bucket-mouths and line-sides so i know they have to be biting somewhere. i don't need nor want anyone's secrect spots just the name of the lake. something with a cameground would be preffered, give her the whole outdoor experience. i'll probubly end up at skinner if i can't find anything better to do. thanx guys, and tight lines.

PS. i fail at posting all my trips, usualy one ot two hours at Dana point harbor while im taking my baby boy for a walk. havn't been able to make any surious trips since he was born, so sorry for the long sabaticle.

BanginBob
01-28-2009, 05:55 AM
BB on the wire:

Take it from experience of getting better half into fishing, rent a trailer if you are going to go camping; you don't want the first experience to be a nightmare! My better half was chasing a lloyd the day before my son was born! No joke! could have gone into labor on the shore of SARL! Caught a 10.0 trout! Anyways you may catch 2 fish with one line! Wife likes trailer or motorhome so you get a motorhome + likes fishing so now you go fishing and in comfort! :)

Last I heard Perris has been on the low low for water due to the repair of the levys. Could be wrong but last time I was at Perris Bass cove was nothing but a stick of weeds!

backseater
01-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Twin22
If you can get on Canyon Lake the Crappie are 2 to 3lbs. Good luck with the wife training!

Cangler
01-28-2009, 07:50 AM
My wife goes with me on all my fishing trips apart from 3/4 boats.She
is just happy with having a day out and watching the wildlife.
Besides , she is in charge of the catering :)

mickeysindahouse
01-28-2009, 08:37 AM
SARL's got a kiddie pond, she's sure to catch a trout or two there. Oh wait, she doesn't like trout - DOH!

My wife doesn't particularly like fishing, however she enjoys the outdoors. Our first fishing trip was at Cachuma Lake, we camped there for 7 days and had a blast fishing, bird watching, jogging, hiking, and just plain ol' relaxing (bon fires at night)...oh man, she was hooked.

She's learned to accept fishing, but when she hears the name Cachuma her eyes light up in a jiffy. So what I'm saying is...you don't necessarily need her to catch limits to get her "hooked" into fishing. She's just got to enjoy the atmosphere and you're gravy.

Tips when taking the wifey fishing:
• Pontoon Boats (Enjoy driving them, Comfort a major plus)
• Sight Seeing, Booneys, the wild (They enjoy the outdoors, so SARL would be a big NO NO, try places like Cachuma, Silverwood, Big Bear, etc.)
• Salt Water Fishing - (Girls & Beaches get along great. Take a spin on a skiff at Newport Harbor)

Good luck on your wife training!

BassinPLS
01-28-2009, 08:54 AM
As far as lakes are concerned, I went out to Perris last Sunday evening and watched the weigh-in for the WON Tourament. It was won by a team throwing swimbaits, with a 5 fish bag of 28 1/2 lbs! They fished the corners of the Lake and the fish were taken in 10 14 foot of water.That is a pretty amazing weight for Lake Perris. They were the only team throwing swimbaits that I know of. Swimbaits are not a ladies method of fishing though.

A lot of the others guys had tried ice jigs, (which won the tournament the week before); but the fish won't hit the ice jigs last Sunday. Most of the remaining bags were filled on a drop shot or c/r. The camp ground at Perris is fairly nice and it would be pretty empty this time of year. They have hot shows, which is a big plus with the ladies.

As far a colors on the d/s, try an arrons magic, margarita multilator, soft sheel craw, hloagram shad.

Good Luck and have fun.

BassinPLS:Smile:

PS: the wind might be blowing out there this coming weekend; but it may die down by Saturday.

DarkShadow
01-28-2009, 09:51 AM
the strippers doing any good somewhere? if i need a boat i'll rent one.

I dunnnnno man, strippers and wives? That's bound to end bad. I can't even glance at advertisement for strip clubs without getting 'that' look.

Now, stripers? I'd say Pyramid, but you can't rent a boat out there. I haven't seen any consistent action at Castaic, so that's a wash. You can fish for them at Diamond Valley, but it would require doing a lot of work.

I'd take someone else's recommendation regarding renting a skiff at Newport. If anything, it'll be a romantic cruise in the harbor if you don't get into many fish.

HBJapo
01-28-2009, 12:05 PM
I dunnnnno man, strippers and wives? That's bound to end bad. I can't even glance at advertisement for strip clubs without getting 'that' look.

Now, stripers? I'd say Pyramid, but you can't rent a boat out there. I haven't seen any consistent action at Castaic, so that's a wash. You can fish for them at Diamond Valley, but it would require doing a lot of work.

I'd take someone else's recommendation regarding renting a skiff at Newport. If anything, it'll be a romantic cruise in the harbor if you don't get into many fish.

Gotta agree with DS on this one! :Cool:

Strippers! Very funny DS, another classic! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Japo :Envious:

BassFreak
01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Since your willing to spring for a boat, gas to the lake and all that. The best thing to do is to go hire a guide, contact Art Hill, one of the boards sponsors and see if he can get you out. here is why this works.

1. He will DEFINITELY put you and your wife on fish!
2. He will teach your wife how to fish (more time for you to fish)
3. You will learn a thing or 2 as well so next time you take out your wife, you'll know better what to do.
4. You get to use his fishing tackle! nuff said..
5. last but not the least, theres a rumor he makes one hell of a sandwich!!

Hiring a guide might seem expensive, but If you add up all the costs of renting a boat, tackle, gas, entry fees and patience you'll need. you and the wife is more likely to have a more pleasurable and educational experience for pretty much the same price.

Good Luck..

snag
01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
There was this guy who proposed to his girlfriend and she said 'NO'!

He went on to live happily ever after, fishing, drinking beer, scotch, leaving the toilet seat up and farting anytime he wanted.

LOL

Wish you the best of luck out there, if you need an anchor I'll tell you where my ex lives.

twin22s
01-31-2009, 03:21 AM
wow thats the most help i,ve gotten in a long while. i'll make it up to you guys with some fish pron, hopefully. as for the strippers.. shes too picky, hasn't found one she'd like to share me with. but more important than that i desided to go to perris. i havn't been there in a long time and she digs tent camping, tho 2 bedrooms and a screened porch isn't my idea of camping i'll take it. she's been pier fishing with me catching me bait a few times, knows how to use a spinning reel. gonna try to get her to practice with a bait-caster some. probubly just dropping straight down or trolling so shes not pulling out backlash all day. even a fishanatic like me didn't like that part of learning to fish. thanks again guys. good luck, good weather and good fun on the water.

olfishergal
01-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Look.............bring your lady out on the 3/4 day boat out of LBSF. You have the emenities......restroom, galley, etc and someone will help her get on the fish. As a lady, I enjoy these trip to the max. Hell, you don't even have to take your fish off the hook if you don't want to. perfect for anyone who doesn't like "slimey" fish. The good thing Long Beach sport fishing has the 2/1 special right now. I am going tomorrow along with a few friends.........Gotta love it. OFG

Troutman65
01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
there was this guy who proposed to his girlfriend and she said 'no'!

He went on to live happily ever after, fishing, drinking beer, scotch, leaving the toilet seat up and farting anytime he wanted.

Lol

wish you the best of luck out there, if you need an anchor i'll tell you where my ex lives.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl: