PDA

View Full Version : ever try to report a poacher?

THROWBACK RANGER
01-27-2009, 07:45 PM
a long time ago i was fishing a local park lake during the spawn. this lake is famous for "certain people" snagging bass on beds. it was real bad!!!! as i made my way around the lake i saw what this guy sitting low on a piece of wood with a bucket and rod laying next to him and a line in the water. the day before i saw a "donkey" on a bed right exactly where he was so i thought he was waiting for the fish to come back to the bed and he was going to try and catch it legally. when i was there the day before the bass in that spot would spook and disappear in to the depts for a couple mins then come back to the bed. i was kinda sketched because i knew that "pole holder" was up to no good!! so i saw him from across the way swinging for the fences, then his rod came tight! bendo! i see a splash and his rod went slack. i was relieved the bass had got away. so i walked back his way. when i got close to him i saw he had like a 2/0 treble only tied on. i fished the other side of him watching what he was doing. about 20 mins. later he's swinging for the fences again the same thing happens but this time he gets it. it was definitly over ten pounds. he throws it in his bucket and hi-tails it to his cadillac. as he peeled off i snapped a pic. of his license plate, and one of him. i saw the police but they were dicks! i called the d.f.g.(the number is on your fishing license) the lady from the d.f.g. took my info and said i'll call you back! 3 hours later i get a call. she tells me that there is no warden in my area at the time but there will be one here tomorrow. so i show up at the lake with the pics. and of course that "pole holder" wasn't there. i told the warden what happened and gave him the pics. he said he would check up on it but he didnt sound convincing. i never heard from that warden again. what a shame no justice!!!! any body ever have justice served? thanks for reading!!

cappo
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
have faith man, one day these poachers will get nailed.

Tom
01-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I used to fish Perris 4 times a Week. Many Many times people fishing without a license or Over the limit on trout or undersize bass. ..even trot lines.
Calling the DFG usually did no good except they would check my license and make sure it was signed and the people without a license would not even get checked or they would have already left.
Calling that number on your license is Useless more than half the time as they are just too busy.
And I guess it really don't matter. These local lakes and streams have put up with Over fishing....Snagging....NO catch and release for years and they are as Healthy as ever.
Everyone is SO worried about the Local streams and the Wild trout. The wild trout were There in the 60s..70s..still there healthy as ever.

Tom

a long time ago i was fishing a local park lake during the spawn. this lake is famous for "certain people" snagging bass on beds. it was real bad!!!! as i made my way around the lake i saw what this guy sitting low on a piece of wood with a bucket and rod laying next to him and a line in the water. the day before i saw a "donkey" on a bed right exactly where he was so i thought he was waiting for the fish to come back to the bed and he was going to try and catch it legally. when i was there the day before the bass in that spot would spook and disappear in to the depts for a couple mins then come back to the bed. i was kinda sketched because i knew that "pole holder" was up to no good!! so i saw him from across the way swinging for the fences, then his rod came tight! bendo! i see a splash and his rod went slack. i was relieved the bass had got away. so i walked back his way. when i got close to him i saw he had like a 2/0 treble only tied on. i fished the other side of him watching what he was doing. about 20 mins. later he's swinging for the fences again the same thing happens but this time he gets it. it was definitly over ten pounds. he throws it in his bucket and hi-tails it to his cadillac. as he peeled off i snapped a pic. of his license plate, and one of him. i saw the police but they were dicks! i called the d.f.g.(the number is on your fishing license) the lady from the d.f.g. took my info and said i'll call you back! 3 hours later i get a call. she tells me that there is no warden in my area at the time but there will be one here tomorrow. so i show up at the lake with the pics. and of course that "pole holder" wasn't there. i told the warden what happened and gave him the pics. he said he would check up on it but he didnt sound convincing. i never heard from that warden again. what a shame no justice!!!! any body ever have justice served? thanks for reading!!

DKCbassman
01-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey ThrowbackRanger, It took a lot of bitching from myself and the others, but eventually DFG did and is helping us. Buena Park P.D. also uses our park for training so they have no problem helping us out. Cops cruise often at our park. I personally have the cell # to our local DFG Guy. It is his personal cell # as well.

Fishingmonkee
01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
there's a park in Buena Park?

smokinflies
01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey THROWBACK RANGER, it's great to hear that you made an effort in ridding the local lakes of poachers.:Cool: Sorry to hear that nothing was done about it, but at least you scared off that poacher for a while.

BTW love that avatar dude.

PhisHook
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Any body ever have justice served? thanks for reading!!

NO! Not yet but I wont stop trying!!!! :Evil:

snag
01-28-2009, 09:30 PM
any body ever have justice served? thanks for reading!![/QUOTE]

Yup!

At Santa Fe dam this gal and her husband with teenagers were catching and keeping 6" bass. I kindly advised them that what they were doing was illegal. The husband walks up to me and opens his trap stating "Nobody is going to say anything". I said "You're right, my name is nobody and I'm going to say anything". I walked over to the cop patrolling the place, pointed the people out to him, as they were back to sitting down at the table (with dead bass in a plastic bag). Cop wrote the husband up...Very cool.

Another incident at Legg Lake..dude catching blue gill and using them for bait. Cop wrote him up too.

Just happen to be in the right place, right time, and a cop who cared was nearby.

Lucky I guess

PureAle
01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
at santa fe dam theres always a cop patrolling.
even the lifeguards can write you a ticket for not having a license.

Those are the go to guys for reporting poachers.

hughpam
01-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I have never been able to report anything because I haven't seen anything. I promise I would though. Thanks for trying.

Hate2Fish
01-29-2009, 05:08 AM
In this day and age people are armed

Don't know nuttin and don't care

poolman1
01-29-2009, 01:59 PM
In this day and age people are armed

Don't know nuttin and don't care

Great attitude.
Imagine if all people were like you.

jase33
01-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I thought it was called Ninja Fishing.......lol

Koshaw
01-30-2009, 08:58 AM
I keep reading that DFG is understaffed...but that COPS WILL and DO bust em if you call the cops :D

So...keep your cool, you do NOT have to confront the idiots doing the dirty deed unless you want to, and call/find a cop. There are LOTS of them ;)

I Bet they will deal with it ;)

Even get a photo with your cell phone of them doing it or their license plate #. Ya can do this discretely with out them knowing.

Tight Lines!

Darius
01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
if i witness, i will act accordingly, most important i will report the poacher. I plan on being a DFG warden.

THROWBACK RANGER
01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I keep reading that DFG is understaffed...but that COPS WILL and DO bust em if you call the cops :D

So...keep your cool, you do NOT have to confront the idiots doing the dirty deed unless you want to, and call/find a cop. There are LOTS of them ;)

Even get a photo with your cell phone of them doing it or their license plate #. Ya can do this discretely with out them knowing.

Tight Lines!

yeah when i told the police what happened they said we are not the "d.f.g" and when i told them i have a picture of his license plate.. he replied "he left right!, plus you dont have any proof" i was like W.T.F.? the fk'ed part was i got threated like i was doing something wrong. Koshaw, i dont know if you are a cop or not( if so please dont get offended) but this cop was a grade A "dirk diggler". i know not all cops are, but based on my own personal experience most are!!!

THROWBACK RANGER
01-30-2009, 09:42 PM

Tight Lines!

yeah when i told the police what happened they said we are not the "d.f.g" and when i told them i have a picture of his license plate.. he replied "he left right!, plus you dont have any proof" i was like W.T.F.? the fk'ed part was i got threated like i was doing something wrong. Koshaw, i dont know if you are a cop or not( if so please dont get offended) but this cop was a grade A "Dirk Diggler". i know not all cops are, but based on my own personal experience most are!!!

THROWBACK RANGER
01-30-2009, 09:44 PM
if i witness, i will act accordingly, most important i will report the poacher. I plan on being a dfg warden.

good luck bro, i hope that falls through for you!!

THROWBACK RANGER
01-30-2009, 09:56 PM
BTW love that avatar dude.

thanks bro!!!!!

FishEye
01-31-2009, 12:58 AM
so who do you call for immediate assistance when it comes to poachers? I saw atleast a half dozen today at my local pond poaching trout like no other. If so how long do these wardens take to be dispatched to the location?

thanks