PDA

View Full Version : One is better than none 1-25-08

snag
01-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I made a solo trip Sunday to do a little swim bait fishing. The conditions were great but when it begins to blow, you spend half the time with a hand on the throttle/wheel to keep a pontoon in position. Don’t get me wrong, I’m complaining, it still beats the hell out of working, LOL.

I hit numerous points, dam faces, etc… throughout the day with various swim baits. I missed killer explosion on the Hudd while working it near the surface over some structure, Dang, that one was a toad! Had several followers but just could not get them to commit.

In the last twenty minutes of the day and I finally connected with something solid…Whew! Hate that skunk smell. I worked for a while trying to get the fish to swim off but I was running late so, I “crammed” her into the live well, (Great, now she comes alive, LOL). Louie at the dock took a quick photo (missed the tail, lol) and off she went to fight another day.

Sure would have been sweet to get the stripers but greenies are fun to catch too.
I could not believe this fish actually tweaked and partially straightened the back hook on the Triple Trout (There mounted to swivels!). Granted the TT was tied to 70lb braid but I was still surprised a fish this small could do any damage to the hook.

Tight lines all have a good one!

one_leg
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Good job on the swimbait fish. $olo Pontoon trip$ are out of the question for me.

DarkShadow
01-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I could not believe this fish actually tweaked and partially straightened the back hook on the Triple Trout (There mounted to swivels!).

Did you swap out the hooks?

Cuz no offense to Mustad, those stock hooks are uh, what's another word for 'terrible?'

Good job getting the skunk off, especially at DVL.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-27-2009, 03:16 PM
nice fat fish...nice work....congrats on the fatty and on saving urself from the skunk..

Gary

fishtacosmmm
01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
don't go solo, just pm I'll drive
beats staying home
nice fish

snag
01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Did you swap out the hooks?

Cuz no offense to Mustad, those stock hooks are uh, what's another word for 'terrible?'

Good job getting the skunk off, especially at DVL.

LOL

No offense taken...Gamas in the bag just haven't swapped them cuz the paint on the TT still looks new. LOL

Thanks

Indo-angler
01-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Awesome ! Way to go snag!!!

matt duarte
01-28-2009, 06:38 PM
dude! man i wish i was out there with you! i need some big lmb explosions! theres always next time i guess... at least now i know what you look like now so when im walkin the shore line if i see ya i can say whats up haha

nice fish bro! i defently need a damn swimmie fish

hookup
01-30-2009, 08:00 PM
a man your jim right its matt i was just wondering on what series of that curado e should i get i heard you mention something to me last saturday while we were in line but i cant remember what you said about it.