PDA

View Full Version : Reseda park goldies (blood for blood)

carpinator
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Stopped by reseda park lake on monday for a couple of hours, it was still windy and cold, i hate flylining in the wind. I still managed to catch about five carp. All the fish were between 8-10 pounds, nothing huge but fun to catch on light gear, i tried out my new shakespeare agility im-8,10'6" light action graphite rod, it was a blast.
THIS ONE WAS SQUIRMING AND I NICKED HIS GILL
WHEN I NOTICED HIM BLEEDING I STUCK MY PINKY IN HIS MOUTH AND YOWW!! SOMEONES OLD HOOK STICKS ME RITE ON THE INNER NAIL BED, BLOOD FOR BLOOD I GUESS, AND HE GAVE ME A NICE TAIL SPLASH OF L.A.'S FINEST SEWER WATER WHEN I RELEASED HIM. GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!
OH YA, THE STEEL PIPE WAS PUMPING OUT CLEAR WATER, I GUESS THE LAKE IS A MIX OF FRESH AND RECLAIMED WATER NOW, IF ANYBODY NOTICED BALBOA PARK LAKE SMELLS A LOT WORSE THEN RESEDA. THOSE GOLDIES ARE STILL BITING TROUTDOG, NO LUCK ON THE KITTIES THOUGH.

Ray Lopez
01-27-2009, 11:20 AM
damn man them be some nice yellow bass lol

what were you tossing out there if you don't mind me asking.

I'm gonna be starting class's at west valley for night class's and i'll have a few hours to kill inbetween working at csun and going to WVOC. It would be cool to kill some hours catching some carp at that park.

4x4
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
That's awesome!!
Fighting carps of that size on 2lb test is the best!

troutdog
01-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Nice job Carpinator....I think I know what I might have been doing wrong when I went, but I'll be back in my old hood to chases one of those goldies down!

TD

FISHSTIX
01-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Very cool, nice batch of goldies.

Lechuga
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
CARNAGE ! looks like they made you work for it.

fishmounter
01-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Not another guy that hides his face! Hey I remember you when you were on that 90s show "Home Improvement" Your name was "Wilson"...

basscatcher
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
nice fish it seems that everytime you post a pic of you holding a carp you always get cut from it. good job out thier.

fishmounter: see im not the only one. :LOL:

God BLess

basscatcher