PDA

View Full Version : Any Car salesmen on FNN?

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 04:03 AM
My Mom was in an car accident yesterday . She is allright and no one was hurt. Thank God. Her car will be totaled out by the insurance Co. So My little brother and I are taking the day to get Mom a new car. She likes American made cars. Ford or Chevy. Looking for new or low miles on 2007, 2008 cars. If you work at a dealer and want to sell a car we are in the market to buy this week. I just thought I would give an FNN member a first shot at a sale before someone else.:Big Grin:

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Ok, I will check back at 9 Am when I wake back up.

fishermanwife
01-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Not a car salesman, but just wanted to say it is nice of you to think of your fellow fnner's to help them out on a sale of a car if they are salesman..

Glad to hear your mom is ok.. Good luck on your car search.. My dad just had to purchase a car last night. (car had over 500,000 miles on it it finally went out on him after 16 years) anyway the salesman was trying to bend him over on a deal.. Dad has A++++++ credit and guy would not go down on the price.

Make sure if they are giving you a hard time on going down on the price to ask to see the invoice on how much the dealership purchased the car and see how much the MSRP cost is on the car. Also on the interest rate if they are not wanting to go down on the interest rate ask them if they are getting any participation credit off the rate. That is where the bank will over it at a certain interest rate, but the dealership will go up 1/2 to 2 points to make more money and the bank gives them credit for that.. Work them off of that to lower it..

The MSRP is usually a couple thousand more than the MSRP and then the dealership will mark it a couple thousand more to make more money off the car.

Those are some handy tools when negotiating with a hungry car sales man.

A friend of mine used to work for a bank that does the approval of loans for cars, so she gave me a few pointers..

Good luck!!!

dirty girl
01-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Thank goodness your mom is ok. That's pretty scary. I worry about my parents still driving all the time. Good for you for taking care of your mom. You are such a good son, Patrick! That's one of the **many** reasons I love you so much! :Wink:

Good luck on the car shopping. This is probably a good market for car sales right now....

BTW, I hear DoctorHook is selling one of his rides...you can probably get a good deal on this one http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww358/dirtygirlfishing/banana-car_big.jpg

keepin it dirty,
Dirty Girl

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Fishermanwife, thanks for the tips. I did not know the one about the dealership making money of the % points on the intrest rate.

500,000 miles on a 16 year old car. Thats GREAT !!! He got his money worth out of that car. :LOL::Big Grin::Wink::Cool:

Thanks for your post and concern for my Mom.:Big Grin:

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 08:42 AM
DG, Thanks for your post also. My Mom is very dear to me as you know. Life is short and before you know it something can happen and then they are gone.

I think Mom is looking for a 4 door sedan .:LOL::Wink: Dr. Hook will just have find another buyer.:ROFL:

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Running a little late getting out the door this morning. I still want to give an FNN member a first shot at a sale today ( this week ) . I am heading to South Orange County to pick up my Brother and will be going to a AAA office also. If you log onto FNN and see this you can call me on my cell and I will drive to your dealership today. My cell # is ( 714) 658-7944. I truly want to help an FNN member out on a for sure sale today. Mom needs her wheels !!!!! LOL.

Thanks,

Patrick, ( TM65)

HBJapo
01-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Running a little late getting out the door this morning. I still want to give an FNN member a first shot at a sale today ( this week ) . I am heading to South Orange County to pick up my Brother and will be going to a AAA office also. If you log onto FNN and see this you can call me on my cell and I will drive to your dealership today. My cell # is ( 714) 658-7944. I truly want to help an FNN member out on a for sure sale today. Mom needs her wheels !!!!! LOL.

Thanks,

Patrick, ( TM65)

Patrick,

I wish you lots of karma luck on finding the new vehicle, I wish I could be of some help. Thanks goodness nothing happened to your mom. :Razz:

Stay positive and karma will guide you to that vehicle. :Cool:

Japo :Envious:

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks Joe for the post. Got alot done today. Checked out the Chevy Cobolt 4 door. Also checked out a Ford Freestyle Suv . Well see what see likes and what kind of deal.

HBJapo
01-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Joe for the post. Got alot done today. Checked out the Chevy Cobolt 4 door. Also checked out a Ford Freestyle Suv . Well see what see likes and what kind of deal.

Coo! It's all YOU baybeeee.

Japo :Envious:

Kimochou
01-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I have in the car business for 17 years currently in the Bay Area at a Porsche Dealership. I can tell you that the industry has changed a lot and many of the horror stories that you will hear are mostly a thing of the past. With consumers being more saavy and the volume of information available online, it's pretty tough to get "bent over".

I was previously in Orange County and still have contacts there. If you PM me the specifics on the car you are looking at including MSRP, I will get you a single quote from one of my friends. You don't have to worry too much about dealers making money on the rate as most domestic manufacturers are sponsoring 0% type financing (0-3.9%) in order to sell their products in these difficult times. If you want to streamline the process, just call and ask for the fleet manager who will tell you about all of the current deals and promotions. Good luck and I'm happy to hear that everyone is ok.

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 04:01 PM
I have in the car business for 17 years currently in the Bay Area at a Porsche Dealership. I can tell you that the industry has changed a lot and many of the horror stories that you will hear are mostly a thing of the past. With consumers being more saavy and the volume of information available online, it's pretty tough to get "bent over".

I was previously in Orange County and still have contacts there. If you PM me the specifics on the car you are looking at including MSRP, I will get you a single quote from one of my friends. You don't have to worry too much about dealers making money on the rate as most domestic manufacturers are sponsoring 0% type financing (0-3.9%) in order to sell their products in these difficult times. If you want to streamline the process, just call and ask for the fleet manager who will tell you about all of the current deals and promotions. Good luck and I'm happy to hear that everyone is ok.

Thank you for the post and info. I will be PMing you if I have any questions on the up coming purchace. :Big Grin:

fishermanwife
01-27-2009, 05:48 PM

How funny my dad got the Chevy Cobolt for his new car.. Hopefully that one gives him another 500,000 miles too :Wink: :Big Grin:

Kimochou
01-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Thank you for the post and info. I will be PMing you if I have any questions on the up coming purchace. :Big Grin:

I did a little quick research and 2009 Cobalts have your choice of $1500 Cash back or 2.9% financing up to 60 months and 4.9% for 72 months. Interestingly if you found a new 2008 which the manufacturer and dealer should be more interested in getting rid of, the incentive is only $750 cash back or 6.9% up to 60 months. Both offers expire 2/2/09. If you were thinking of 72 month financing, you should opt for the $1500 cash back as many credit unions are offering rates in the 4.9% range for 72 months anyways.

I did not see anything with Ford for the Freestyle. They do have $2500 Cash back or 0% for 36, 3.9% for 48, 4.9% for 60 or 6.9% for 72 month financing on the 2009 Fusions. There is also $500 dealer cash which is basically an additional discount you can expect over what can normally be negotiated. The final price will still be more than the Cobalt as the MSRP starts higher on the Fusion.

Let me know if you need any help or if you have any questions.

fishermanwife
01-27-2009, 09:25 PM
My dad got the Cobolt with 2.5% interest. Payments at 291.00 thats with all the extras that they offer like Gap and all that other stuff.

olfishergal
01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
TM, call Roy (Xtransman) at Wondries Chevrolet. I believe they are sponsors of this board. Glad your Mom is OK....Good Luck...OFG

Fisherman57
01-27-2009, 09:58 PM
TM, call Roy (Xtransman) at Wondries Chevrolet. I believe they are sponsors of this board. Glad your Mom is OK....Good Luck...OFG

Roy is no longer at Wondries.... he's at Buena Park Honda now.
Great guy, always willing to help.

See ya at Parcher's OFG!

Dana

troutdog
01-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey TM glad to hear your Mom is doing okay, that is some scray stuff. I made a few calls today and one of them did not have a direct source I would feel comfortable recommending to a friend. I also left a message for another friend of the family...I know Mom does not want a Toyota, but kewly prolly has some connections. Just a thought buddy, see you at the lake.

TD

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
i slang some sweet hotwheels troutman!! :Wink:

GeordyBass
01-27-2009, 11:00 PM
too bad she aint a toyota fan!lol....I'm not a salesman,but am real cool with a salesman from Hamer Toyota....Check out their used inventory if they have what she wants then pm me....Hamer Toyota Has $$$!!!I recomended lots of people to him,and everyone got an excellent deal....he's real cool.

olfishergal
01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Roy is no longer at Wondries.... he's at Buena Park Honda now.
Great guy, always willing to help.

See ya at Parcher's OFG!

Dana

I didn't know that!!!! Would still contact Roy, he is such a gentleman. Parcher's, Oh yah

FISHNFOOL9
01-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I can help if she would like to get into a Volvo.

Troutman65
01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys. We are still looking and have $$$ to buy. I want to give FNN members a first shot. We just have to find what Mom likes and is comfortable with driving. :Wink: Jeff of G.G. Chevy, Thanks for the call and I will be talking to you soon.

Patrick

Gmoney
01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
tm
i can help ya out if ya need - give me a ring or shoot me an email if you still have my address
i take care of several dealerships....they will take care of me and my friends.
chevy, cadillac, nissan, mbz, porsche, audi and vw
laters
G$

joe man
01-29-2009, 01:35 PM
If you do not find something soon I might be able to help. My son owns a lot in Hawaii and he can have cars shipped to Long Beach. He is very fair on his prices and it may make it worth while to ship. This may not suit because it will prevent you from being able to test drive/ check it out but I assure you he is honest. If you would like I will check out his stock and let you know what he has. I do not blame you if you would rather not conduct the car search this way but I just thought I would let you know.

Fisherman57
01-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey Patrick....

As long as your mom dont mind crawling thru the window to get in and out, and as long as shes doesnt mind a car with no a/c, no radio, no turn signals, no brakelights, no headlights, no power windows, in fact no glass at all, no parking brake, no glove box, no center console, no headliner, no heater, no vanity mirror, no trunk space, and only one seat. I HAVE THE CAR FOR HER!

Now on the upside, it does have a FULL roll cage and hoops, fire supression system, 5 point seat belt harness, racing seat, Goodyear Short Track Eagles, Circle racing wheels, Jax window net, onboard Racing Electronics two way radio system, gauges, emergency fuel cutoff, fuel cell, lexan windshield, Hooper rear end, and a really fast stroked 350 cu in. engine that is Irwindale approved.

WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN HAVING A GREAT AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!
PERFECT FOR FIGURE 8 RACING!

Call for pricing! LOL!
Ill even throw in a 2 layer Simpson firesuit and Simpson helmet! LMAO!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/race012.jpg

Oh, and car has no body damage (as seen above), in fact, I peeled that "6" off the car later that night... car is now #57. not #657! hahahahahahahaha!

Troutman65
01-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey Patrick....

As long as your mom dont mind crawling thru the window to get in and out, and as long as shes doesnt mind a car with no a/c, no radio, no turn signals, no brakelights, no headlights, no power windows, in fact no glass at all, no parking brake, no glove box, no center console, no headliner, no heater, no vanity mirror, no trunk space, and only one seat. I HAVE THE CAR FOR HER!

Now on the upside, it does have a FULL roll cage and hoops, fire supression system, 5 point seat belt harness, racing seat, Goodyear Short Track Eagles, Circle racing wheels, Jax window net, onboard Racing Electronics two way radio system, gauges, emergency fuel cutoff, fuel cell, lexan windshield, Hooper rear end, and a really fast stroked 350 cu in. engine that is Irwindale approved.

WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN HAVING A GREAT AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!
PERFECT FOR FIGURE 8 RACING!

Call for pricing! LOL!
Ill even throw in a 2 layer Simpson firesuit and Simpson helmet! LMAO!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/race012.jpg

Oh, and car has no body damage (as seen above), in fact, I peeled that "6" off the car later that night... car is now #57. not #657! hahahahahahahaha!

Dana, Mom likes the car !!!! She has a lead foot also.:LOL: She really is looking for a crusing around town car nowdays. In her day this car would be the ticket !!!!:Wink::LOL: Thanks for the post & reply Dana. Your the Best bro !!

greeper
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Leo Hoffman Chevrolet in City Of Industry is top notch, the Campbell family are very close friends they'll take care of ya..

If you want a 2000 Chev. Blazer LT with 100000k all freeway Glendora to Alhambra I'll sell it to ya cheap.

Kimochou
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
If you do not find something soon I might be able to help. My son owns a lot in Hawaii and he can have cars shipped to Long Beach. He is very fair on his prices and it may make it worth while to ship. This may not suit because it will prevent you from being able to test drive/ check it out but I assure you he is honest. If you would like I will check out his stock and let you know what he has. I do not blame you if you would rather not conduct the car search this way but I just thought I would let you know.

Which Island is your son on? I was the GSM of a dealership on the Big Island for 7 years before moving back. I know this seems far-fetched but in Hawaii, everyone knows everyone!

olfishergal
01-29-2009, 10:45 PM
DANA!!!!!! U promised me that car !!!!! I love it!!!

JP
01-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Patrick, it was nice meeting your mother and brother yesterday. What did she think of the Cobalt?

joe man
02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Which Island is your son on? I was the GSM of a dealership on the Big Island for 7 years before moving back. I know this seems far-fetched but in Hawaii, everyone knows everyone!

He is on Oahu and he opened his lot with the son of a guy that has had a lot for twenty or so years. My son is young but he will be a top dealer in a few years if I know him unless he decides to get his law degree.

Troutman65
02-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Ok everyone. Mom got her car today. She got a 1998 Cadillac DeVille Sedan. It has 43,000 orginal miles and one owner. We got it at a Great price and I know she is very happy to have a car again. Thanks for all the help from everyone on FNN. I tried my best to make it happen for a FNN member but it just did not work out this time. Heck, This Cadillac is so nice I will driving it to the lake a few days a week.:LOL::Big Grin::Cool::Wink::Envious: