PDA

View Full Version : Clark Park

BassMasterson
01-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Don't wanna blow anyones spot as this park has been total crap for me and everyone I know in the past years...
I went to Clark Regional today just for a few minutes to goof off. No luck for me although I probably only casted a total of 20 times or so. While I was there however I saw a guy fishing with his son, and the guy caught what I think he said was a 7.5 lb Bass. It was at least that from what I could tell. I think he was using a large plastic swimbait, looked like a baby bass pattern or something. There are definitely still bass in this lake for those of you (like me) who gave up on this place. I know I'll be there like everyday now trying to catch that fatty! Again, please don't flip if this is your "secret" spot, it is a public park and no great secret as far as I can tell...

richaaron
01-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Don't wanna blow anyones spot as this park has been total crap for me and everyone I know in the past years...
I went to Clark Regional today just for a few minutes to goof off. No luck for me although I probably only casted a total of 20 times or so. While I was there however I saw a guy fishing with his son, and the guy caught what I think he said was a 7.5 lb Bass. It was at least that from what I could tell. I think he was using a large plastic swimbait, looked like a baby bass pattern or something. There are definitely still bass in this lake for those of you (like me) who gave up on this place. I know I'll be there like everyday now trying to catch that fatty! Again, please don't flip if this is your "secret" spot, it is a public park and no great secret as far as I can tell...

It's no secret that there are toads in that little lake. The only secret is what they happen to be chewing on that day. The pattern changes there are like no other Park lake in OC. Good luck. I go there from time to time and when I do, I bring the kitchen sink just in case...

DKCbassman
01-27-2009, 07:56 AM
It's no secret, just don't burn the spot with reports unless you plan on regulating on the poachers. YOU personally better be ready to keep the situation under control, we all know what happend a few years back! We have all put in our work to take back our park so I would appreciate a little respect.

It had some Legg Lake type of problems....if you know what I mean. FNN members fish it, they just keep it low.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-27-2009, 09:03 AM

WTF man your starting off to a bad start bro....ive been fishing this lake since i was 5 good job bro on giving tips away to lurkers...:Evil:

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 09:17 AM
:Secret::Rolls Eyes:

Hummm. This post could go either way very fast.

Sierra_Smitty
01-27-2009, 10:03 AM
That place used to be teeming with fish but last time I was there I didn't see a single bluegill, baby bass, trout, anything. I thought maybe the fish all died off. It's good to hear that there are still a few fish in there....but there aren't many left, at least compared to 10 years ago.

HBJapo
01-27-2009, 11:25 AM
:Secret::Rolls Eyes:

Hummm. This post could go either way very fast.

Grab the popcorn TM......

I'm ready.

Japo :Envious:

DKCbassman
01-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Not what it used to be. We have kept things stable in the past 2 years, God knows how much it's taken to sustain what we have left. All of us locals got tired of seeing our park abused and destroyed, we had to take action......... legal and non-legal means of course.

BassMasterson
01-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Zombie, I don't know why you get so butt hurt.. I thought the point of this site is to post reports, and help folks catch more fish! Any body who has a fishing licence has just as much right to fish there as you do. I also have fished there for years as I live just 2 blocks away... but like I said never had much luck besides a turtle and a few blue gills! I was blown away to see a Bass like that in there, and thought I would share it. Maybe I just wont post anymore to keep the "locals" happy... everyman for himself! If you ask me, you are the lurker because you keep this Info to yourself instead of trying to help out your fellow anglers!

p.s. sorry if I pissed anyone off with this post. I guess I just had a different idea about what this site is really about...

JD1174
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Zombie, I don't know why you get so butt hurt.. I thought the point of this site is to post reports, and help folks catch more fish! Any body who has a fishing licence has just as much right to fish there as you do. I also have fished there for years as I live just 2 blocks away... but like I said never had much luck besides a turtle and a few blue gills! I was blown away to see a Bass like that in there, and thought I would share it. Maybe I just wont post anymore to keep the "locals" happy... everyman for himself! If you ask me, you are the lurker because you keep this Info to yourself instead of trying to help out your fellow anglers!

You can help people by posting about the generally condition of the lake and how the bass was caught, but you really don't have to give up the exact spot.

You obviously have not experienced the anger and frustration of seeing a "bucket" fisherman walking off with an 8lb bass out of a small park pond like Clark.

I 've talked to guys that used to poach that place and it doesn't need any more pressure. Not that bass are easy to catch there, but now and then every dog will have it's day.

carpinator
01-27-2009, 12:47 PM
The poor guy who keeps a few LMB to take home and eat isn't the one you have to worry about, the real poachers are the guys who sneek out to lakes late at night when the local dogs are sleeping snug in their beds and dreaming about twenty pound LMB. They use hand thrown gill nets and they can wipe out a hole in a couple of nights, they come and go and know ever has a clue. It's just wise to protect your turf so you can enjoy the fishing spots in your area.

JD1174
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
The poor guy who keeps a few LMB to take home and eat isn't the one you have to worry about

It adds up. There is alot of people that fishes in Southern Cal.

No offense but for some reason, I think you 're describing yourself here.

fish4keep
01-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Clark is the only park that I know that has a C&R regulation on Bass. There are signs.......

carpinator
01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
HEY, i agree i don't eat LMB, and it does all add up.I always spend a little extra care when releasing bass back into the water. If it's a C&R lake then the fish should be returned. As far as poaching techniques, I'm not a poacher just a fisherman,just because you know about crack , that does't make you a crackhead. I've seen a lot and heard about a lot more, the reality is most poaching occurs at night just like most crimes do. The more knowledge you have the more ability you have to deal with the situation. Take care of your local spots so your kids can grow up enjoying fishing locally too.

BassMasterson
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
You can help people by posting about the generally condition of the lake and how the bass was caught, but you really don't have to give up the exact spot.

You obviously have not experienced the anger and frustration of seeing a "bucket" fisherman walking off with an 8lb bass out of a small park pond like Clark.

I 've talked to guys that used to poach that place and it doesn't need any more pressure. Not that bass are easy to catch there, but now and then every dog will have it's day.

Ok I see your point. I guess I just have (neively) faith that people will respect the rules and do the right thing. Bucket fishermen, net fishers? Thats ridiculous never seen anything like that there, but if and when I do, I'll snap some photos of the MF right before I toss his *** in the lake! again, sorry for the post, I will try to keep things on the DL from now on... Zombie, hope there are no hard feelings bro as this is the second spot of yours I've posted about... I'm not on this site to make enemies so I will play by the rules! If I see you guys out there, I owe you a beer!

ronniek524
01-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't worry about it. thnx for the report. Poachers sux, and if you see them just call DFG. I think this site is awesome and inspiring for us non-bass-poachers. And we should just eliminate poachers somehow, but by getting on people just for posting a report is just not the answer. Keep the reports coming, C&R and report Poachers.

Tight LInes

R~

Lightning
01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for reporting.BTW,did the guy release the fish?

BassMasterson
01-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for reporting.BTW,did the guy release the fish?

yeah, he held it for a while by the gills trying to show his kid and take a photo, but the bass appeared to be just fine when released

DKCbassman
01-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Clark is the only park that I know that has a C&R regulation on Bass. There are signs.......

Thanks, We have seriously put in work to regulate!! There are always eyes on the lake, even when we are not there............... Badges and Binoculars. As far as night time: We have Zombie, Big Ed, Crzay, etc. who patrol.

richaaron
01-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks, We have seriously put in work to regulate!! There are always eyes on the lake, even when we are not there............... Badges and Binoculars. As far as night time: We have Zombie, Big Ed, Crzay, etc. who patrol.

Can you and your henchmen start some regulation at Tri-City. Not worried about the fish, I can handle that (threw 2 people off the lake last week for no license). I am gettin' really tired of all the people feeding the damn ducks, seagulls, coots, etc. It's amazing how oblivious some people really are. Saw at least a half a dozen families feeding them right in front of the signs that tell them not to. Arg!!! I won't even go there during the day anymore. The bites better at night anyway...

FishermanStu
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Can you and your henchmen start some regulation at Tri-City. Not worried about the fish, I can handle that (threw 2 people off the lake last week for no license). I am gettin' really tired of all the people feeding the damn ducks, seagulls, coots, etc. It's amazing how oblivious some people really are. Saw at least a half a dozen families feeding them right in front of the signs that tell them not to. Arg!!! I won't even go there during the day anymore. The bites better at night anyway...

these are the kinds of bull**** reports that im talking about. when i roll over there to feed my ducks i want them all coming to me. lurkers dont need to know that any and everyone who wants or has ever wanted to feed a duck can go and produce a feeding frenzy at tri city. Not to mention the fisherman who are giving my ducks botulism. so stay away from my lake and ducks

studlyfisherman
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
your all big gays

richaaron
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
your all big gays

Who pulled your string..?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-27-2009, 05:52 PM

haha your right about the duck feeding man its annoying and what they dont know its illegal now theres signs at some lakes saying and stating clearly "DO NOT FEED DUCKS" but they are to dumb to beable to read.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok I see your point. I guess I just have (neively) faith that people will respect the rules and do the right thing. Bucket fishermen, net fishers? Thats ridiculous never seen anything like that there, but if and when I do, I'll snap some photos of the MF right before I toss his *** in the lake! again, sorry for the post, I will try to keep things on the DL from now on... Zombie, hope there are no hard feelings bro as this is the second spot of yours I've posted about... I'm not on this site to make enemies so I will play by the rules! If I see you guys out there, I owe you a beer!

its cool bro it just sucks because i grew up fishing this lake and im a regular no hard feelings bro and im straight edge haha bring me a dr pepper!! :LOL: :Wink:.

fish4keep
01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Don't worry about it. thnx for the report. Poachers sux, and if you see them just call DFG. I think this site is awesome and inspiring for us non-bass-poachers. And we should just eliminate poachers somehow, but by getting on people just for posting a report is just not the answer. Keep the reports coming, C&R and report Poachers.

Tight LInes

R~

No need to call the DFG, just go to the Ranger office at the gate and tell them....

THROWBACK RANGER
01-27-2009, 06:11 PM

< lmfao!!!!!!

studlyfisherman
01-27-2009, 08:45 PM
rich i dont ever want you to pull my long skinny string...again................

FishermanStu
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
rich i dont ever want you to pull my long skinny string...again................

yeah if you pull any more on it will fall off, or you will go blind.

im glad to see everyone made up. escpecially with the new guy

BassMasterson
01-27-2009, 10:08 PM
yeah if you pull any more on it will fall off, or you will go blind.

im glad to see everyone made up. escpecially with the new guy

So we're cool? haha, can I eat lunch with the cool kids now?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
So we're cool? haha, can I eat lunch with the cool kids now?

As long as you bring me a Dr.Pepper haha! :Wink:

BassMasterson
01-27-2009, 11:14 PM
As long as you bring me a Dr.Pepper haha! :Wink:

my mom only packed me a couple coors lights... is that cool?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-27-2009, 11:22 PM
my mom only packed me a couple coors lights... is that cool?

NO cause im straight edge= No alcohol no drugs no smoking :Smile:

BassMasterson
01-27-2009, 11:29 PM
ok, DP it is then...

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-28-2009, 12:05 AM
ok, DP it is then...

awesome brother!! haha

FishEye
01-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Bassmas
how long have you been fishing this hole? I dont think ive ever seen you there before...

richaaron
01-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Ok, so now that we're all friends here. When are we gonna organize a night tourny at one of these little Park lakes? We've been talking about getting together at Tri and holding one. Who's down..?

BassMasterson
01-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Bassmas
how long have you been fishing this hole? I dont think ive ever seen you there before...

Oh I just go there off and on, used to fish there a lot a couple years ago but I gave up on the place when I could SEE bass completely ignoring my bait! I used to go in the summer nights for cats a lot too...

FishEye
01-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Right on bro, Yah that place can be really tuff at times.

Evan III
01-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Isn't tri city closed at night? closes at 630 in winterand 9 in summer or something doesn't it. Or does this not apply to the locals?

calico killer kevin
01-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm down for a Tri-City tourny. Bread balls...it's all about the bread balls...

DKCbassman
01-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Tri-City=Tried City. Sorry richaaron, we all fish there, its just a lost cause to deal with all the local lakes with idiots. It's hard enough to keep up Clark.
Good luck trying to rid Tri of idiots........ I remember fishing Tri during holidays, not my idea of fun. Just keep Yorba in line!!!!

FishermanStu
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
so according to a police officer tonight, tri city no longer allows fishing, at any time. city ordinance

shy_boxer
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Sorry to say but Tri-City is a mud pool! So sad!

richaaron
01-28-2009, 09:14 PM

Umm, I was thinking more along the lines of LMB...

richaaron
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM
so according to a police officer tonight, tri city no longer allows fishing, at any time. city ordinance

They haven't changed it, yet...

14.08.185 Fishing.

Fishing is allowed only in Tri-City Park Lake. Fishing shall be regulated by the State Department of Fish and Game laws. A fishing license is not required for those under sixteen (16) years of age. (Ord. 93-O-112 § 1 (part), 1993)

BassMasterson
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM

What are you fishing for?? Carp?

studlyfisherman
01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
The tuna bite is pretty wide open at tri town right now...i just get out there in my tube mid day with some down riggers and paddle my balls off and i have hooked a few decent yellowfin...make sure to troll a panther martin...Big baits like that kill it for tuna at tri!

BassMasterson
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM
The tuna bite is pretty wide open at tri town right now...i just get out there in my tube mid day with some down riggers and paddle my balls off and i have hooked a few decent yellowfin...make sure to troll a panther martin...Big baits like that kill it for tuna at tri!

anybody pulling threshers out of there right now? I had a buddy who hooked into a 250+ sailfish there, but it threw the hook before we could land it. Thanks for the report... but keep this stuff on the DL, we dont want the lurkers finding this out!

TShaffer
01-29-2009, 02:08 PM
maybe i'll finally get down to tri-city
i heard there's trout in there now too

Evan III
01-29-2009, 09:26 PM
OK so no one want to say if they close tri-city at night? :Secret: Theres been a few times when I wanted to go down in the evening, but I figured I closed at a certin time.

BassMasterson
01-29-2009, 10:59 PM
OK so no one want to say if they close tri-city at night? :Secret: Theres been a few times when I wanted to go down in the evening, but I figured I closed at a certin time.

I really don't know. there is a list of all the lakes on this site, it usually lists hours there. click socal up top, then lakes, you should see it...

calico killer kevin
01-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Umm, I was thinking more along the lines of LMB...
Bad attempt at a joke?...:LOL:

richaaron
01-30-2009, 05:48 AM
The municipal code states that no one shall be in the park between the hours of 10:30 pm to 5:30 am.

calico killer kevin
01-30-2009, 06:54 AM
The municipal code states that no one shall be in the park between the hours of 10:30 pm to 5:30 am.
Have I ever been caught though? No...

richaaron
01-30-2009, 07:06 AM

The cops have been patrolling alot more and even told us the other night, at 8:00 pm, that they didn't want us there after dark. Apparently a homeowner nearby called them and complained about noise. There were 3 Trout fisherman across the way yelling back and forth to each other. I'm assuming thats why they were called. And just a heads up. Last night I kicked a guy out of the park because he decided to launch a row boat and fish the middle of the lake. And dude, if you are reading this. Don't ever try to pull that crap again. Like I said. The cops have already been giving us a hard time about fishing after dark. If they were to see you out there in that boat, you would ruin it for everyone. Don't be that guy. Also, you left your rod in the grass. It's in the trash can near the restrooms...

studlyfisherman
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM
if i want to take my sweet row boat out I will...so you just be quite richaarron or whatever you call yourself...next time Im out there Im gona chuck a hudd at you!

BassMasterson
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
if i want to take my sweet row boat out I will...so you just be quite richaarron or whatever you call yourself...next time Im out there Im gona chuck a hudd at you!

you got a fish finder on that thing?

richaaron
01-30-2009, 03:16 PM
you got a fish finder on that thing?

If he did, it still wouldn't help. Stumpyfisherman prolly wouldn't even know how to turn it on...

calico killer kevin
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Yep, I've seen that person more than once. Saw a guy today with a cobra fish n dive on his truck. Said there were no trout, but if there were, he'd launch.

BassFreak
01-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Just because you havent been caught, doesnt mean that it isnt affecting anyone. if they close that park, where will i take the skanks i pick up from the campus bar then?!?!? :ROFL::ROFL:

By the way, have they pulled out my volkswagen from in there yet?? I still might be able to salvage the flux capacitor.. :Secret:

BassMasterson
01-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Just because you havent been caught, doesnt mean that it isnt affecting anyone. if they close that park, where will i take the skanks i pick up from the campus bar then?!?!? :ROFL::ROFL:

By the way, have they pulled out my volkswagen from in there yet?? I still might be able to salvage the flux capacitor.. :Secret:

why would you put a flux capacitor in a volks wagon? they cant hit 88mph!

Evan III
01-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Ya I checked out the links, but alot of them don't seem to work. Anyhow I went today, and it is posted 1030pm. Hooked one nice LMB, but he jumped and spit my hook. Nice size, just don't know how nice. YES the one that got away!!