PDA

View Full Version : Late Report 1-16-09 Da Bu surf

Ray Lopez
01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Went down to the "Bu" on Friday the 16th for some fishing.

I grabbed my trusty LC Metallic Sardine and proceeded to work the surf hard.

My goal was to land my first surf Hali.

After about 2 hours of working that LC i hook into my very first hali from the surf, i was super jazzed as i fought it back in. Ended up going 20"

not bad for a first hail.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/P1010092.jpg

I was way happy about landing my first surf hali and boy was i glad rez told me about this spot.

I continued my way down the beach casting my heart out. I was about to leave as i got closer to my car but made one last cast and BAM there came my 2nd Hali on the LC this one went about 18".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/P1010093.jpg

Then just because i casted out one last time in the same spot and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seconds after it hit the water i got slammed hard. Drag was pulling and this fish was fighting waaaaaay harder then the other 2 i pulled up. I got it up to the shoreline and there it was my first Legal hali going about 23"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/P1010094.jpg

Plus this one had my lure plus someones snapped line and hook in it's mouth so i took everything out and let him live to see another day with no more metal in his mouth.

After that i left to go home.

So not only did i catch my first hail i also caught m first legal one too.

sorry it took so long to post but i left my camera at my g/f's house and just got it back this weekend

sesgia
01-26-2009, 09:47 PM
great jobs one the butts and nice report :Thumbs Up:

saltman
01-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Lopez,

Man , good going , Right on Bro !

Saltman...

Wingnut
01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Awesome Raylo! Congrats on your first of many legal Butts.
Good Karma will come your way for releasing your first legal. :Big Grin:
Have fun & good luck at the Striper Bowl Saturday. :Cool:

Ren714
01-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Good job on your first hali... Plenty more to come stick with it...

troutdog
01-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Nice job Raylo, what a great day! Thanks for sharing the adventure.

TD

ghetto dad
01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
NICE JOB RAYLO!!!!!! Way to go man!!! Im proud of you baby boy!!!!

GD

Ray Lopez
01-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Awesome Raylo! Congrats on your first of many legal Butts.
Good Karma will come your way for releasing your first legal. :Big Grin:
Have fun & good luck at the Striper Bowl Saturday. :Cool:
why thank ya kind sir. So far i have yet to keep a single fish from the surf. I have released my first Leo that went 42" and also now my first legal Hali tht went 23" and perch i don't even know how many i have thrown back. It's a habit of mine to let my First anything go back to live another day.

NICE JOB RAYLO!!!!!! Way to go man!!! Im proud of you baby boy!!!!

GD
you know im always repp'n hommie

LateFisher
01-27-2009, 01:18 PM
WAY TO SLAY THEM RAYLO, AND VERY CLASSY ON THE RELEASE :High Five: :Beer Toast:

CalamARI
01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
WTG on the butts.
Thanks for posting up.

klocked
01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Congrats on getting your first 3 butts from the surf and a legal mixed in makes it even better. Good job!!

FISHSTIX
01-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Nice batch of "butts", congrats on your first legal!:LOL::Wink::Cool:

Ifishtoolittle
01-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Awesome Butts man!

flyngby
01-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Congrats on the surf flatties!!!

Nice legal also and the God's will reward you for the CPR!!!!!!

That is the first pic I have seen with the whole lure buried that deep!!! Very aggressive fish and must have been some delicate surgery to get it removed!!!!!

Many more in the future for you.

Steve

Oz
01-27-2009, 08:20 PM
wtg raylo on the butts. congrats on your 1st legal one

bsp
01-27-2009, 08:56 PM
That is the first pic I have seen with the whole lure buried that deep!!! Very aggressive fish and must have been some delicate surgery to get it removed!!!!!

That's what I was wondering about too. My first legal did that as well, and it was bleeding all over the place (trebles were in the gills). He ended up becoming dinner.

Good job on releasing your first legal, especially since you had to deal with it inhaling the whole lure! Go get a 30in one next!

Ray Lopez
01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Congrats on the surf flatties!!!

Nice legal also and the God's will reward you for the CPR!!!!!!

Many more in the future for you.

Steve

That's what I was wondering about too. My first legal did that as well, and it was bleeding all over the place (trebles were in the gills). He ended up becoming dinner.

Good job on releasing your first legal, especially since you had to deal with it inhaling the whole lure! Go get a 30in one next!

let me tell ya it was not easy to get that lure back without harming the fish. It took me a good 5 mins to remove the hooks without caseing that much damage. Luckly for the fish the gills did not get hooked. I kept trying and then taking it back to the water to keep it living and then back to the beach to remove the hooks again lol.

He took some time to come back too but it time he was off and back into the surf with a powerful Thud from his tail.

also the 30" i'm saving for my next trip =-P