PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 01/25/09

CASTAWAY
01-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Took some friends out fishing. They didn't want to drive that far but this was the
only lake close to us that has some trees. First ones to hook up was my guys
over there. Nice rainbow.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/kkk.jpg

I was the second to hook up. About a two pounder. Caught him on n/c. My fish
before he went on the grill Nice tail walker.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/tong.jpg

On the grill...
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/kl.jpg

The group in the first picture went home around 11am as they have limited out. I
would say that was a good spot. They were using power bait(rainbow) working a dropper loop setup.

Finish lunch.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/i.jpg

I caught two tail walkers and a couple of us got skunk but it was okay, they don't know how to fish anyway. Maybe next time they do better. If they do what I suggest....lol....

By the way, if you weigh in your catch you should receive a few of these coupons...

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/coupons.jpg

one_leg
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh SNAP!!!! Casty, please tell me that you at least gutted that trout before you grilled it up?

Nice going anyways. Thanks for the report and pics.

CASTAWAY
01-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh SNAP!!!! Casty, please tell me that you at least gutted that trout before you grilled it up?

Nice going anyways. Thanks for the report and pics.

You gotta try ungutted trout. It has a different taste to it...lol....
Nah, when outdoors like that no gutting required..lol.....

BanginBob
01-26-2009, 09:22 PM
BB on the wire:

Now that's about as fresh as it gets! grill it while its still has a shallow heart beat! Heck why gut it! Peeps don't gut talapia at some restaurants, why gutt a trout! :0 Hmmm? tuna is red inside, wonder is you eat a tailwalker like sashimi it would be the same? Add some rice and soy sauce and Oi! You may have something!

Great pics!

BB

one_leg
01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
You gotta try ungutted trout. It has a different taste to it...lol....
Nah, when outdoors like that no gutting required..lol.....

It might taste a lil like Golden Mustad, Garlic PowerDough, and Flouro if you cut too deep!!!

Ok, I will try it sometime.

I used to cook my 'Gills on a stick, but I always ripped the head off taking the guts with it.

For you Castaway, I will grill one up that way!!!

BingJr
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
If your not gonna gut them I suggest fishing with Beer Batter or Cornmeal and Garlic Powder! I am not too sure I like the taste of Gulp:EyePop:

crappiemike
01-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Way to go on that black trout.lol.
Fish beware!!! Thnx for the report.

Cm

boxl0bster
01-26-2009, 11:38 PM
good job out there that trout looks tasty!

CASTAWAY
01-27-2009, 06:36 AM
If your not gonna gut them I suggest fishing with Beer Batter or Cornmeal and Garlic Powder! I am not too sure I like the taste of Gulp:EyePop:

You do have a point.:Big Grin:

CASTAWAY
01-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Way to go on that black trout.lol.
Fish beware!!! Thnx for the report.

Cm

It's only black on the outside.lol....

Thanks.... Fish beware.....

Next weekend should be wo on trout with the planting of the LT.

CASTAWAY
01-27-2009, 06:40 AM
good job out there that trout looks tasty!

It was tasty.:Big Grin: My guy could grill fish....:Big Grin:

Thanks....

fishndrinknsmokin
01-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Great job Casty! Looks like you're leaving SARL for it's sister lake in the 909 but with the way you been fishn' it lately, I can't blame you. Way to get your fish on!

saintarv
01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Great job Casty! Looks like you're leaving SARL for it's sister lake in the 909 but with the way you been fishn' it lately, I can't blame you. Way to get your fish on!

Ditto..............you got to take me there sometime and show me the ropes. :LOL:

CASTAWAY
01-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah. I'm not sure what's going on either. Most of the fish I've been catching from this lake are
tail walkers. It's giving me confidence. :LOL:

Ditto..............you got to take me there sometime and show me the ropes. :LOL:
Hey Saint, pm me if you want to do the next 24hr fishing at Corona Lake. I believe it's Feb 13th or something
like that. I'll put you on some fishes...lol......:LOL:
http://fishinglakes.com/Lightning2009Ad.jpg

fishndrinknsmokin
01-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Casty!! Do you really think that if his wife wouldn't let him fish the overnight at SARL when it was his anniversary that she would let him go and do the overnight at Corona for Valentines?? I'm sure Mrs. Saint already has a full evening of fun planned for our boy Saint.......... :ROFL:

saintarv
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Casty!! Do you really think that if his wife wouldn't let him fish the overnight at SARL when it was his anniversary that she would let him go and do the overnight at Corona for Valentines?? I'm sure Mrs. Saint already has a full evening of fun planned for our boy Saint.......... :ROFL:

You guys crack me up. No fishing for me for awhile. It's tax season and I'll be working on late nights and Saturdays. :Sad:

CASTAWAY
01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
You guys crack me up. No fishing for me for awhile. It's tax season and I'll be working on late nights and Saturdays. :Sad:

Just let me know when you can Saint. I'm usually free on Sundays.:Cool:

Rooster
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
nicely done casty, enjoyed the pics as well for the most part :ROFL:

CASTAWAY
01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
nicely done casty, enjoyed the pics as well for the most part :ROFL:

hahahahaha... don't like the burnt tail wakker huh..lol...
Thanks Rooster.....

CASTAWAY
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
BB on the wire:

Now that's about as fresh as it gets! grill it while its still has a shallow heart beat! Heck why gut it! Peeps don't gut talapia at some restaurants, why gutt a trout! :0 Hmmm? tuna is red inside, wonder is you eat a tailwalker like sashimi it would be the same? Add some rice and soy sauce and Oi! You may have something!

Great pics!

BB

Thanks for showing the luv "BB". The last time I fished w/ you at SARL I was still
kinda new to Trout fishing. I think I'm a little better now. I may hit up SARL
this weekend. Look for my report as it may include more Tail Walkers........

bang! bang!

fishndrinknsmokin
01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for showing the luv "BB". The last time I fished w/ you at SARL I was still

bang! bang!

Hey Casty.....sent a PM to ya in case you head out to SARL this weekend. Check it out brother!

CASTAWAY
01-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey Casty.....sent a PM to ya in case you head out to SARL this weekend. Check it out brother!

Got your detailed report. Thanks bro.....:Cool:

crappie stalker
01-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Way to go gettin yo folks on some fish.. I have had fish severa different ways but never whole like that..

CS

CASTAWAY
01-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Way to go gettin yo folks on some fish.. I have had fish severa different ways but never whole like that..

CS

Yeah, I doubt I will be cooking fish this way again. Clean first..lol.....

Thanks for the feedback CS...........:Cool:

yamafish
01-29-2009, 08:59 PM

bang! bang!

Cast - nice report... wheres the rice and soy sauce bra?
I remember when the three of us fished at SARL off of Levitz Corner..
Da%n.. both you guys jus' whopped my a%% fishin' that day! That day was just TOO much fun..
Cast is one cool dude! With his boom-box lakeside.. We were all tellin' tall fish tales and lies that day! :LOL:
Let's ALL get together again soon!
This time off my boat! - The toads are all caught on the Troll !

Rodger - YamaFish

CASTAWAY
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Cast - nice report... wheres the rice and soy sauce bra?
I remember when the three of us fished at SARL off of Levitz Corner..
Da%n.. both you guys jus' whopped my a%% fishin' that day! That day was just TOO much fun..
Cast is one cool dude! With his boom-box lakeside.. We were all tellin' tall fish tales and lies that day! :LOL:
Let's ALL get together again soon!
This time off my boat! - The toads are all caught on the Troll !

Rodger - YamaFish

Yeap. It was a nice day out too. Landed a few fish from shore. Which is always good. I'm supprise, you remember so well. I bet I could probably catch a few off the boat too. But I'm a little bigger now, I don't think we could fit me in a boat with two other people on it..lol....:ROFL: I'll still roll though, just let me know when......:LOL:

Thanks for the luv Rodger.....

yamafish
01-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Cast...Got a bigger boat now than the time we were at the Smackdown
All us Layne Giant size peeps can fit in my boat no problem :LOL::LOL:
We will get BB to go as well
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq247/ladyfish_photos/DSCN1934.jpg

CASTAWAY
01-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Cast...Got a bigger boat now than the time we were at the Smackdown
All us Layne Giant size peeps can fit in my boat no problem :LOL::LOL:
We will get BB to go as well
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq247/ladyfish_photos/DSCN1934.jpg

Nice. Looks like a full hook-up. Can't go wrong there. I think I could see a GPS unit on the dash. As "BB" said, not only could you find the nearest Carl's Jr. joint with ease, you could also find fish better than anyone as well w/ that thing..lol...:LOL: