PDA

View Full Version : UFC 94 (Predictions)

Anaheim 151
01-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Main Card

* Welterweight Championship bout:Georges St-Pierre vs. B.J. Penn
-BJ Penn, by SUB, he has something to prove and Saturday night he will. His Jits is better, but lacks on the striking, I do understand that, but he is a beast and regardless of what they do show on TV, he will become the only fighter in UFC history to hold 2 belts in different classes at 1 time.

* Light Heavyweight bout:Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
-Machida, he by far is the most well-rounded 205 fighter the UFC has right now! I know he not the most fan friendly pick but for the hardcore MMA fan he is the amazing.

* Light Heavyweight bout:Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
-Bonnar, his only losses come to some of the top 205 fighters; Forrest, Rashad, and Machida, see above, but he needs this, so-called comeback fight to keep himself on track in the UFC

* Welterweight bout:Karo Parisyan vs.Dong Hyun Kim
-Parisyan, if he shows up to fight if not Kim by Decision

* Lightweight bout:Nate Diaz vs.Clay Guida
-I like this fight for the simple fact Diaz is fighting and the Diaz brothers are total animals in the ring. I will give Guida his props for his war with Huerta that did go 3 Rnds but lost from a Rear naked choke. Give the tilt to Diaz by SUB.

* Welterweight bout:Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
-Fitch, hands down this could be one hell of a fight! Fitch went 5 rnds with GSP nad lost to a Decision. Gono has gone to battle with some of the top fighters Hendo, Rua ,and Kondo. Fight of the night honors to this one. Hopefully it makes the broadcast.

yamafish
01-26-2009, 05:50 PM
I gotta go with Penn over GSP
I'm just thinkin' Penn is goin' to submit GSP by a Kimura :Smile:

KaliDawgFan
01-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I pretty much agree with you, but I think GSP's pace will be too much for Penn but he won't finish him. I'm saying GSP by UD.

Guida is going to give Diaz hell with his wicked pace, but I think Nate will whether the storm and slap on a sub in the 3rd.

cjschock
01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
GSP all the way, he is to strong for Penn and most other fighters in the 170# division.

PHISHnutS
01-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Main Card

* Welterweight Championship bout:Georges St-Pierre vs. B.J. Penn
-BJ Penn, by SUB, he has something to prove and Saturday night he will. His Jits is better, but lacks on the striking, I do understand that, but he is a beast and regardless of what they do show on TV, he will become the only fighter in UFC history to hold 2 belts in different classes at 1 time.

* Light Heavyweight bout:Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
-Machida, he by far is the most well-rounded 205 fighter the UFC has right now! I know he not the most fan friendly pick but for the hardcore MMA fan he is the amazing.

* Light Heavyweight bout:Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
-Bonnar, his only losses come to some of the top 205 fighters; Forrest, Rashad, and Machida, see above, but he needs this, so-called comeback fight to keep himself on track in the UFC

* Welterweight bout:Karo Parisyan vs.Dong Hyun Kim
-Parisyan, if he shows up to fight if not Kim by Decision

* Lightweight bout:Nate Diaz vs.Clay Guida
-I like this fight for the simple fact Diaz is fighting and the Diaz brothers are total animals in the ring. I will give Guida his props for his war with Huerta that did go 3 Rnds but lost from a Rear naked choke. Give the tilt to Diaz by SUB.

* Welterweight bout:Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
-Fitch, hands down this could be one hell of a fight! Fitch went 5 rnds with GSP nad lost to a Decision. Gono has gone to battle with some of the top fighters Hendo, Rua ,and Kondo. Fight of the night honors to this one. Hopefully it makes the broadcast.

GSPeezy for sheezy. TKO in the second.

Machida over Silva. Decision or possibly sub.

Bonnar or Jones. Don't really care!

Parisyan over Kim. Karo can't afford to lose again, he should win.

Diaz over Guida. Guida is an anilmal but I'm pulling for Diaz by decision.

Fitch over Gono. This could very well could be fight of the night, I say Fitch finishes him though, TKO from strikes in the second.

fish4keep
01-31-2009, 09:48 PM
WOW. BJ got dominated. He looked like he was tired after 2nd round. After that GSP was all over him.......

That TKO by Machida was crazy too.....

PHISHnutS
01-31-2009, 10:33 PM
WOW. BJ got dominated. He looked like he was tired after 2nd round. After that GSP was all over him.......

That TKO by Machida was crazy too.....

That was a KO from Machida, suprisingly :Wink:

BJ Penn just showed he belongs in the lightweight division, it make things allot less confusing since he lost.

GSP by ownage :ROFL:

baadfish69
02-01-2009, 12:41 AM
All I gotta say is.....BAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Thats what BJ Penn gets for being so damn cocky....as well as his fans. Overhyped, undertrained.....and OUT FOUGHT.

GSP whooped him like a rag doll. The only thing I give Penn props for...is not getting KO'd. Though if the fight had not been called.....I bet that was coming too.

Just another example of GSP's dominance in UFC right now. Ill say it now......NO other welterweight in UFC can beat him.........at least not right now.

KaliDawgFan
02-01-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm glad Nate Diaz lost his fight. He's a cocky little punk. I had it Guida 29-28.

Dong Hyun Kim got robbed. Karo did have a few good judo tosses in that matchup, but I don't think he won.

How good did Jon Jones look against Stephan Bonnar?! The guy's only 21 years old. Watch out for that guy! I think I still would have rather seen Fitch vs Gono though.

Only 16 more wins for Lyoto and then title shot...

Five split decisions in one night. Has that ever happened before?

I made up a drinking after last night. Every time Joe Rogan used the word "evasive" or "elusive" you have to take a shot. He was saying that about every fighter, not just Machida.

baadfish69
02-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm glad Nate Diaz lost his fight. He's a cocky little punk. I had it Guida 29-28.

Dong Hyun Kim got robbed. Karo did have a few good judo tosses in that matchup, but I don't think he won.

How good did Jon Jones look against Stephan Bonnar?! The guy's only 21 years old. Watch out for that guy! I think I still would have rather seen Fitch vs Gono though.

Only 16 more wins for Lyoto and then title shot...

Five split decisions in one night. Has that ever happened before?

I made up a drinking after last night. Every time Joe Rogan used the word "evasive" you have to take a shot.

Agree 100% Diaz is a punk. Kim got robbed (I was sure he won and when they called it for Karo, I nearly fell down in shock), and "Bones" Jones looks really really good.