PDA

View Full Version : Lake Merced info. Sacramento Perch and dd Bass?

Kimochou
01-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I went for a jog around Lake Merced last night partially to scout out potential fishing spots. I have been doing some research and found information that makes the Lake seem like a must try.

Anyone hear of big Largemouth and also Sacramento Perch being caught out of there? I know they stock rainbows. Here are some of the sources:

http://bss.sfsu.edu/holzman/Lakemerced/fish.htm

There was bass information on the PFIC off topic board of all places.

If anyone want to give this a lake a shot with me, let me know. That includes you Stephen!

cjschock
01-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Where is Merced at? I love fishing Sacramento Perch. If it is not to far from me I would love to meet up and give it a go.

Kimochou
01-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Where is Merced at? I love fishing Sacramento Perch. If it is not to far from me I would love to meet up and give it a go.

Merced is in the middle of the San Francisco. A little far from the OC. But if you are up here, let's do it. I did more research and it does not seem that the Sacramento Perch are still in the lake. The last time it showed up in fish surveys is 1939 :Sad:

With the regular trout stockings, and confirmation of big bass from another message board, it does seem to be a good lake to throw big swimbaits though.

smokinflies
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Kimochou, do you ever fish the delta up there? I heard there's some huge bass and stripers in those waters.

Kimochou
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Hey Kimochou, do you ever fish the delta up there? I heard there's some huge bass and stripers in those waters.

Just moved up here from Hawaii so I have not had a chance to fish the Delta yet. It's kind of a drive from where I live but the fishing is legendary no doubt. Once I get settled and buy a boat or find someone with one, I'll hit it for sure. I hear it is so vast that you could spend a lifetime fishing all the spots. If you have a boat that you can trailer this way, let's do it!