PDA

View Full Version : The Vine 1/25 with Goo

kewlwhip
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Hello FNN-

Sunday 25th
Decided to do the Vine again Sunday with my buddy Goo for some testing...and of course a day of fishing!

Got to the lake at 8, saw Whit, Nick, Daniella, and the Vines "top-chef" ha, love that show btw...ordered up some breakfast burritos to handle us through the day, and chatted the fishing "stuff" with whit and more...bonzer baits!

Got our rental, some worms for the bait-n-wait, and others- got our lines ready and drove down to the rental docks. The weather was nice- lil overcast, drizzling in the am but overall good. Picked up the gear and headed out to setup.

Dropped trolling gear down to the water...assorted colors, lead and flatline- Within 30 minutes had our first fish! Before we netted, it happily did the C&R and bolted away. Kept trolling and Goo got his first hit...and a miss! hahaha...rod went bendo and more...made the circle back to see if mr trouties wanted more. They didn't haste, and went bendo 3 more times! Louis gets his first fish on, while letting his line out- We then did the bait and wait around 12pm...1 1/2 hours of baitin down, I get my first one on. Then after baiting for that short time, we then decided to finish the last couple hours on the troll. Ended up getting slammed pretty hard on my leadcore...set the hook and the fight was on...i told Goo to just pull the other lines in...this fatty went on a few runs towards the middle...chomp. 8lb trilene bit like butter. :Cool: NE ways, thanks for the read, i'll feel better when i bring the next fattie from the Vine in the boat/land~! arrghh.

8 Trout
5 C&R'd
-troll

Overall the weather was overcast all day, lil drizzling, bout 51+degrees, except when the wind blew...thanks Louis for being ready, and slaying your trout(s) :Cool:

-till nextime
Fish On!

kewly

one_leg
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Kewly, thanks for the inspiring report.

Trilene huh? I wonder if a Bimini Twist with some Izor XXX would do the trick?

See you soon.

kewlwhip
01-26-2009, 03:20 PM
yeah, whats up 1leg!

something...some of these fish i've been getting hit have had some chompers- I dig the trilene stuff...just luck of the draw/hit!

-----------

-all fish landed were about 1-2+lbs, fish broke off 7+lbs. Sorry no photos, gotta replace my digi cam that my lil nephew accidently dropped-

one_leg
01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Any day now we will be reading a report from you featuring a monster.

kewlwhip
01-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey im game, and i'll have a new digi cam by then to do the photos that my reports have been lacking- NE Ways-

trout chompers
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/DSC00543.jpg

trolly chompers
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/DSC00588.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/DSC00431.jpg

troutdog
01-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Ah the one that got away...ARGH!!! I'm sure you will have your revenge Kewly, thanks for the play by play buddy. See you on the water....

TD

kewlwhip
01-26-2009, 07:41 PM
thanks TD! sooon!!! hahahaah

Wingnut
01-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Nice day on the lake Hubert, but you should have been out in the surf with me today nailing Butts... Halibut that is. :Wink: Good luck at the Striper Bowl Saturday, you & Phuong batter make me proud. :Cool: I'll be thinking of you guys... well, maybe not. :Big Smile:

kewlwhip
01-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey Arthur- No doubt, only thing that wasn't nice was the chomper bites! hahha- Hey you know i'm game after my schedule clears out for some Butt's...haili's that is hehh! As long as we bring some stripes on deck_non skunk style, we'll make it happen~COME striper bowls.. I've got some "goodies" to try out for tha stripey's given by some "friends" of mine ;) pearl...swimbaits...waitin on some bonzer baiizzzs too----

Hey you better be thinkn of us, come kick-off!! hahahahah...and we're gona need 1/2 time reports LIVE! http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/smilies/common048.gif

Rooster
01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Kewly, Nice job out there. Always enjoy seeing trout teeth in pics. Hope ya have a great day this weekend bro. GL i will be rootin for you and TO

kewlwhip
01-28-2009, 07:05 AM
thanks Rooster- should be an eventful day at t/o's striper bowl! We'll try to bring in some landslides and more- we've got an arsenal of goodies-