PDA

View Full Version : duct sunday

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Hit the duct sunday, got a late start...about 10am or so, my goal was to learn my navigation around nd hopefully put on a slay....well one out of 2 happened....I fished 7 zones spanning many many miles and used 1/2 tank of gas doing it...

No fish but at least I learned a wealth of knowledge about how to get from a to z out there...

The weather was WINDY and the wind chill really sucked, it was pretty cold on the hands..I wonder if the barometer affected them the same way as they do in the lakes....havent figured that part of the equasion out yet...in the duct, I'd guess it should slow the bite down

More will follow...

Hit it for a short while sat about 8:15am in an entirely different area, got 1 real nice hookup but farmed 'em and the sucka just shook my KPN..

Payin dues.....but soon it'll be Mr stripey's turn to pay !!!
Ha ha...
Gary

one_leg
01-26-2009, 09:57 AM
One of these days you are gonna pull a fifty pounder outa there.

basscatcher
01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
glad to see a post from you gary. hope ya do better next time. just be thankful that gas isn't as high as was during the summer.

God Bless

basscatcher

trail blazer
01-26-2009, 12:15 PM
The bite should get better soon out there at the duct.

been a bit slower this side of the mtn also<bakersfield>.
SOON we,l be sticking the steel to thelm again!!!
sorry bout the skunk gary<THAT,S FISHING.

Hitts0n
01-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Gary the way you put your life on the waters,that huge Mr Stripey will be slayed!:Cool:

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 12:17 PM
lolololololololol!!!FeeltheSkunk....haha HA!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
lolololololololol!!!FeeltheSkunk....haha HA!

Ahhh da young grasshoppa talkin da smack...
His name be a Geordy and he gets a big smack back

Da stripa pimp slaps him BAD
When he goes a fishing for da FISH

They laugh in he's face
Cause he’s a cryin like a BISH !

I hope he catches some’m
Cause I don’t want to see him BLUE

Cause if he goes skunk’ola at da stripa bowl
I’ll have ta slap him TOO !

I hope his princess pole goes bendo
While it pulls a gay pink LURE

But I don’t think the stripa swing that way
Of that you can be SURE

Hitts0n
01-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Gary I think you and Striper Bill would make a good team.If not,hed make a good teacher for u

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Gary I think you and Striper Bill would make a good team.If not,hed make a good teacher for u
I think I kinda know what I need to know now (no disrespect for Bill), it's time on the water now....theres no replacement for that...one can talk about what to use and where to use it for days but it still wont put you in the right place at the right time unless you just get out there and pay the dues...and be there when it is the right time..

I don't feel I'm doing too bad...I've been out there only a handfull of times and hooked up 8 times now...I think I must be doing something right..

I'll be out there soon enough to wage my personal war on them fishhee's.......it's Go Time....

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 01:09 PM
I think I kinda know what I need to know now (no disrespect for Bill), it's time on the water now....theres no replacement for that...one can talk about what to use and where to use it for days but it still wont put you in the right place at the right time unless you just get out there and pay the dues...and be there when it is the right time..

I don't feel I'm doing too bad...I've been out there only a handfull of times and hooked up 8 times now...I think I must be doing something right..

I'll be out there soon enough to wage my personal war on them fishhee's.......it's Go Time....

I bet khanh hooked the fish you caught last time and let you reel it in....lol....hiro is gonna catch all the fish while your swimming after him ....lol....

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 01:13 PM

Art,Khanh,and all the guys that have gone with you have set the hook for you....lol....

breeze71
01-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I still think it's the barometer Gary BUT You shall be redeemed this Saturday on the slay machine! Everything will die :)

Hey listen to Geordy....he's hooked up a 180lber....BETWEEN THE EYES WITH A JIG...lol

Hey Geordy....thanks for the pm man, i'll give the guy a buzz but it's not worth the amount he's asking for since it's not pure and 1/3 will be waste but thanks for keeping an eye out. You can get 80lbs of purified on ebay for 50-80.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I still think it's the barometer Gary BUT You shall be redeemed this Saturday on the slay machine! Everything will die :)

Hey listen to Geordy....he's hooked up a 180lber....BETWEEN THE EYES WITH A JIG...lol

Hey Geordy....thanks for the pm man, i'll give the guy a buzz but it's not worth the amount he's asking for since it's not pure and 1/3 will be waste but thanks for keeping an eye out. You can get 80lbs of purified on ebay for 50-80.

YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP DOING THOSE DEALS ONLINE !!!!!!!

I just happen to know what your reffering to so I'll make that clear...

He's talking about RAW lead for jigs....

P.S.

I weigh between 184 and 191 depending on how much fiash I eat and how much hiking I've done that week to keel somthing..

So it's clear....Geordy just about hooked me between the eyes with a 1/4 oz jihead....(Bastard !)

kpn
01-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Too bad about the skunk buddy. Like I said before....the Duct is a touch place to fish, but we'll put the STEEL to em in next couple day Bud.
You only caught fish when you fish with me brother :ROFL:. J/K.

KPN.

sidified
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Glad you're still out there beating the water----These winter bite slowdowns always make me a little stir crazy...

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I weigh between 184 and 191 depending on how much fiash I eat and how much hiking I've done that week to keel somthing..

So it's clear....Geordy just about hooked me between the eyes with a 1/4 oz jihead....(Bastard !)
Gary is my PB...:ROFL:

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 03:30 PM
no problem!I'll keep on the lookout too to see if there's any better deals for 100% real lead...

FYI:It was dark,and i didn't know Gary was in back of me,i casted then hit him unintentionally,then decide to stop fishin' for a while...:EyePop:

GeordyBass
01-26-2009, 03:31 PM
You only caught fish when you fish with me brother :ROFL:. J/K.

KPN.
Stop hooking up and letting him reel it in!LOL...

spooky007
01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
The only time is water time and you have the right attitude. You deffinatelly know how to catch fish. The duct isn't that hard to fish as many seem to make it. If I can do it, anybody can do it!!:Envious: I've always wanted to say that!!

fishfinder
01-26-2009, 04:16 PM
[quote=gletemfeelsteelgary;300448]

quote]

heck in the aquaduct thats a great average. i have been skunked last 3 times now. we did the same thing as you, except we went out saturday, and we didn't find any moving water at all. made a few hundred cast though. might have to go back to swimbaits. got more fish that way, just nothing over 4 lbs.

Wingnut
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
You were just taking it easy on the Linesides to lull them into a false sense of security right Gary? :Wink: Then when they least expect it... you BLEED them! :Twisted: Good luck at the Striper Bowl. :Cool: