PDA

View Full Version : Unapologetic coach fired after 100 to 0 win.

one_leg
01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
This story cracks me up!!!

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=904726

Scoring Machine
01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
It's REALLY funny that the guy got fired for not apologizing.

As a whole, both sides are taking high school girl's hoops WAY to seriously.

Athletic competition at anything less than the highest levels should be for fun or gambling purposes.

DarkShadow
01-26-2009, 09:37 AM
I would've apologized...

"I'm sorry....that your team is really, really bad and has no business being on a basketball court unless you like getting run out of the gym."

I also, would've handled the game differently.

After the 59-0 lead at half time, I would have had my players start making baskets for the other team; you know, to keep it close, and make the margin of victory less damaging to the opposing team's psyche. Or, I would've had 4 of my 5 players begin playing for the other team completely, so it would always be a 9 on 1. You know, something that will elevate the spirits of the losing team.

one_leg
01-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Christians can be ruthless at times!!!

City Dad
01-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Christians can be ruthless at times!!!

...c'mon, let's not bash on the Christians... As an avid shooter, O_L, I would think you'd prefer a moving target.;)

one_leg
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
...c'mon, let's not bash on the Christians... As an avid shooter, O_L, I would think you'd prefer a moving target.;)

You are right, Christians can be so unmoving. Especially on Sunday morning.

BassFreak
01-26-2009, 03:01 PM
So let me get this straight, If I joined the PGA tour right now, and got beat by 100 strokes. Tiger woods caddie would be in trouble for not making him use the putter for everythng?? :Angry:

DarkShadow
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
So let me get this straight, If I joined the PGA tour right now, and got beat by 100 strokes. Tiger woods caddie would be in trouble for not making him use the putter for everythng?? :Angry:

Pretty much.

Didn't you get the memo that all accountability is off of you and it's someone else's responsibility to get you to the top?

"It's not my fault I suck, it's yours!"

Remember, it's not YOUR fault your kid got into the Drano, it's Drano's fault.

BassFreak
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Pretty much.

Didn't you get the memo that all accountability is off of you and it's someone else's responsibility to get you to the top?

"It's not my fault I suck, it's yours!"

Remember, it's not YOUR fault your kid got into the Drano, it's Drano's fault.

Ohh man.. BASS elite series here I come.. I wonder if I can get away with using Gulp.. :Secret:

Wingnut
01-26-2009, 08:39 PM
It's all well and good, until you're on the wrong end of a blow out. :LOL:
They shouldn't have fired him, but he should have laid off after halftime. It would have been the "right" thing to do.

one_leg
01-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I feel bad for the girls that have the "learning difficulties", but at least they never gave up.

DarkShadow
01-27-2009, 10:34 AM
...but he should have laid off after halftime. It would have been the "right" thing to do.

"We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak...A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy. "

http://mentalfloss.cachefly.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/bully%20sensei.jpg

:Twisted:

At least the winning team didn't collectively 'sweep the leg' of the losing team, although they kinda did metaphorically speaking.

joe man
01-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Its funny, when I was a kid compitition was a good thing. Now they teach our kids not to compete because it is all about fun. I wonder if there is any connection between kids sports and the lack of accomplishment of our entitlement generation? I guess the coach is being let go because he is over qualified.

HBJapo
01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Its funny, when I was a kid compitition was a good thing. Now they teach our kids not to compete because it is all about fun. I wonder if there is any connection between kids sports and the lack of accomplishment of our entitlement generation? I guess the coach is being let go because he is over qualified.

Yes! If you do too well, you might hurt someones feelings......don't be an a-hole, now......:Angry:

It's a freakin' sport, not a war.

Japo :Envious: