PDA

View Full Version : Skinner trip Sunday

ddoskocil
01-26-2009, 07:25 AM
My second trip to Skinner on Sunday. Weather was a little cold and stormy - thought would help with the stripers, but the inlet was running very slowly, then shut down completely. So after a while at the inlet for nada, we tooled around, checked the sonar, covered a lot of the lake, trying to just get used to it. Saw a few bass, but no takers. Heard some got some trout, and some got a few schoolie stripers, but not much action all together. (Of course, heard saturday was better.) BUT - I had two great fishermen with me - Dodoman and Ramboboy. I learned a lot about the lake listening and watching them work. I really appreciated the fact that they went out with me (hopefully I wasn't the bad luck). Can't wait to jit it up again soon. Thanks guys!!!!! D

SoCalGuy7
01-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Better luck next time! Getting some experience on the lake was probably worth the trip.....Nice boat!:Wink:

RamboBoy
01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I want to say thank you very much Captain DDoskocil. I enjoyed fishing with you guys.

Hope at the end of February or March '09, the stripers will coming back to the shore when the weather change much better soon. Right now the crazy weather is wierd because the stripers go deeper water.

dodoman
01-26-2009, 08:00 PM
thanks for the ride, CAPPY.
will get them next time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egmqgd9KrKc