PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Quick Report 1/24/09

Jackpot Jimmy
01-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Once again fished the Spitfire yesterday for another go-around on those sand bass. Crew today would be Capt. Steve-O, Debo in the galley, and Morgan, Long Range Bobby K, and Nick working on deck. Headed right out of the harbor and got a couple passes of squid from a boat outside Manhattan Beach. There had to be around 200 sea lions in this area! No squid came up to float, so we headed off to the bass grounds up north.

We had a little wind with some rain, but it eventually cleared up and became a nice overcast day. Had to move a couple of times as we picked away at a few fish, but we finally found a decent spot where we picked away for a couple of hours. The same leadhead/mogambo combo was working well, but also the leadhead with squid or slider with squid. Some nicer bass came over the rail in the 3-4 pound class, but we had more smaller ones as well. We ended the day with a couple more spots that didn't produce as much due to the wind, which was blowing at around 5-6 mph.

Decent day of fishing but a little tough. Those who worked at it got close to limits, and a lot of casualties today. The bass are biting, so just get out there, and go fishing!!

Ifishtoolittle
01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the report Jackpot Jimmy. By the way do you ever catch any perch or get bit by any on the Spit?

one_leg
01-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Jimmy, nice job on the report. Thanks for the post.

JapanRon
01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Good job. I like the 4" white Kalin Mogambo myself. Lings seem to like them too! Of course ..... no Squid strip !!

thanks,

JapanRon

supasportkid
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
good job on another great report thanks

megafisher94
02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
were you on inside sportfishing??? i was reading one of your your reports, saw a pic and thought i reconnized from the show i was watching. it was on the reel fun.

ghetto dad
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
were you on inside sportfishing??? i was reading one of your your reports, saw a pic and thought i reconnized from the show i was watching. it was on the reel fun.

Jimmys on Youtube, inside sportfishing, cooking with Dan Hernandez, all of them!!!:ROFL:

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM

That was my friend, Vance. Although he's 4 years younger than me, I swear we look like twins. Pretty strange.......

Jackpot Jimmy
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Jimmys on Youtube, inside sportfishing, cooking with Dan Hernandez, all of them!!!:ROFL:

GD

When was I on Dan Hernandez?

ghetto dad
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
When was I on Dan Hernandez?

Dont lie Jimmy, I know you got a case of his batter at home!!! :ROFL:

GD

Jackpot Jimmy
02-03-2009, 05:53 PM

GD

Really, what are you talking about?

LR

ghetto dad
02-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Really, what are you talking about?

LR

nm junior....geez

GD

megafisher94
02-05-2009, 08:28 PM

GD
dans show is half an hour. 10 minutes of fishing, 20 of BUY MY DIPPIN SAUCE!!

ghetto dad
02-06-2009, 10:27 AM
dans show is half an hour. 10 minutes of fishing, 20 of buy my dippin sauce!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gd