PDA

View Full Version : Nph 1-25

HESBROS
01-25-2009, 07:42 PM
I picked up some new hard baits at BP the other day that I wanted to try out on the Harbor scene, so since I was not feeling well at work, I left half day and figured some fresh air would do me good.
Got to the Harbor at 1330 and was fishing in no time.
1st new bait was a Rapala X-RAP XR-8. Second or so cast produced a dink Hali. Afew cast later I got this nice 20 incher.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1391.jpg

It seemed to work all right so I switched it up to a LC Pointer 78SP. Took some time but I got this nice spottie.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1393.jpg

Did some moving around for no more fish. Left at 1800.
Strange today, as I got the fish right before low tide, then when it switched I got nada.

Ifishtoolittle
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Nice duo of fish man!

crappiemike
01-25-2009, 09:16 PM
nice spottie and butt....

cm

bones
01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Good job putting in the time and hey..........two species on two different baits......Very nice indeed. Nothing like some fresh air and a little fish therapy to make you feel better....LOL

klocked
01-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Nice going Eddie!

I took my son down there today. He got a few perch, smelt and a micro sand dab.

I got the:Skunk: again!!

HESBROS
01-26-2009, 04:25 AM
Nice going Eddie!

I took my son down there today. He got a few perch, smelt and a micro sand dab.

I got the:Skunk: again!!

John, sorry I did not call, but I was not sure I would even actually make it down there. Where did you guys fish? I might go again Wed if you are avaialble, not a for sure thing though.

klocked
01-26-2009, 09:19 AM
John, sorry I did not call, but I was not sure I would even actually make it down there. Where did you guys fish? I might go again Wed if you are avaialble, not a for sure thing though.

That's ok Eddie, We were at M Street, which is my sons favorite spot, fish or no fish :Rolls Eyes:. I wouldn't have been able to trek around on foot because once we get to the dock, he doesn't want to leave it and I have yet to convince him otherwise. :ROFL:

As far as Wed... That's a possibility for me so let me know :LOL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-26-2009, 03:06 PM
nice catches....wat ta let feel the hardbait steel !
Congrats !
Gary

flyngby
01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice work on some alternative baits!!!!!!!

HMMMMMMMM!!!! Maybe we should look in to our box of magic and see what we are missing!!!!!!!!!!

They are smart learners when the get their lip ripped!!!!!!

Steve

Rooster
01-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Gotta love cranks in the salt. Great looking spottie. Enjoyed the report. Props

Santa Fe Eric
01-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Great Post! I love fishing the Bay and only use 4-6# Test on plastics. I'd like to rty some of my Rapala's what test did you throw those lures on if you don't mind me asking?

Nice Pics as well!