PDA

View Full Version : A sincere thanks to wingnut

bones
01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
I just wanted to let everyone here on the FNN know about something very special that Arthur/Wingnut did for me recently. I've been going through some financial hard times lately and I couldn't afford a new license right after the 1st of the year. I got a call from Arthur on or about the 10th and Arthur asked me If I bought my new license yet and I said "No". He told me to not go out and buy one because he was going to take care of it and take me fishing. He showed up at my house last sunday with not only a new fishing license with all of the extras on it but also with a Lucky Craft (Candy Sardine) and told me that the license was my XMAS gift and the (now so rare) LC was my belated birthday gift.My birthday is December 31st. I was beside myself to say the least. Even though I drew a big skunk that day I felt very lucky to have a friend like Arthur. To top it off that day I was going to buy Arthur lunch at Ventura harbor but the guy locked me out of his Range Rover and kept my wallet hostage and then proceeded to buy me lunch at the Seafood Broiler which wasn't cheap by any meens. Every now and then in life you come across a very special person and Arthur is definately one of those individuals.
I can not say enough good about the man.........

Thanks once again Arthur. I really appreciate everything........Now we both have to get our first legals of the new year. I hope we are fishing together when it happens!

Mike aka BONES

BIGRED KILLA
01-25-2009, 08:26 PM
You are a good man Arthur.:Applause:

Bigred

sansou
01-25-2009, 08:36 PM
He's a generous dude no doubt. :Thumbs Up:

bruce watson
01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Arthur, you are a true gentleman.

PureAle
01-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Very generous of wingnut!

Badbeat
01-26-2009, 12:27 AM
I've been Art's friend for a long time and it doesn't surprise me one bit.
the man is a saint, well most of the time. :LOL: :Wink: :Secret:

Santa Fe Eric
01-26-2009, 12:31 AM
What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!
:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

troutdog
01-26-2009, 01:44 AM
The world would be a better place with more "Wingnuts" in it....

TD

Wingnut
01-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Geez Mike, I did ask you to keep this between us didn't I?

Anyways, it's nothing really, just pay it "forward". I'm a firm believer in what goes around... comes around.

And you don't owe me anything... friends don't keep score. The Man above does that. :Wink:

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. :Cool:

Nessie Hunter
01-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Mike, old buddy.
You are truly blessed to have a friend like Arthur.. For many reasons...

He is a great friend to have, and a very good person.

Had to laugh about locking you out of the car and kidnapping your wallet..
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

tacklejunkie
01-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Wingnut is good people. I don't think there's a single bad intention in that man. I've also received a small slice of his generosity a time or two myself, for which I extend my deepest thanks. I doubt there is even a way I could repay him.

Not only will he be your buddy and hook you up, but his reports give you the confidence and crazy ideas that you can do it too! Enough to get you out there trying and possibly even on the fish!

Keep up the good work Wingnut, you are a valued member here on FNN. The world could use a few more generous people like you in it.
:Applause:

City Dad
01-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Arthur once cured me of scurvey...

actually, that's a bit of an exageration... but he is a heck-of-a good guy.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/CIMG2385.jpg
The crew of jr. anglers I roll with have concluded that he is by far the best fisherman they know personally and whenever I see them they are sure to ask me what he has been catching recently.

shy_boxer
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Wingnut...what else can I say! That's awesome of you! May god bless you for having such a good heart! Karma!

olfishergal
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Arthur is one hellvah good old fashioned generous good guy........The REAL FNN legend IMHO.........BTW, he got to play with my butt once when we were surf fishing............:ROFL:
OFG

ghetto dad
01-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Great of you to do arthur...

Hey, I need a washer and dryer, i PROMISE i will keep it between us......:Big Grin:

GD

dirty girl
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
He's a class act, all the way! :Worship:

fish4anything
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Definitely a cool guy!

Hitts0n
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Well I guess I will put in my experience about "Good looking out" by Wingnut. This young man has looked out for me a few times,or maybe more.He's invited me to his house for an open bar.
He has let me ride with him so I dont have to drive my car.
And recently I rolled over my blue tooth or someone else did and i made a text message to him about a price on the Blue Tooths he raffle off,he asked me for my address and not to worry about it.:Shocked:

Thank you

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Arthur is an amazing human being and deserves all the greatness he gives in return!! may the fish gods bless you this new year with many legals!! and monsters :Big Grin:..good looking out Arthur

ZBA
Larry

Cangler
01-26-2009, 01:41 PM
You always hear good things about ol' nutty ... he's surely heading straight to the hall of fame ...

Shame he can't catch YFC though .....

HBJapo
01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I have never heard anything but great things about Arthur. It was my distinct pleasure to meet you at the last Irvine event. You truly live up to your legendary status!

Japo :Envious:

FishNFurious
01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Great of you to do arthur...

Hey, I need a washer and dryer, i PROMISE i will keep it between us......:Big Grin:

GD

Now that's funny Ghetto Dude! :ROFL:
After knowing him for ages. One thing I know about Arthur is that he never hand people money. I remember him telling me once, "You can't help people by giving them money, you help them help themselves." The man is wise beyond his years. I'm proud to claim you as a friend Art. :Cool:

Troutman65
01-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Wingnut...what else can I say! That's awesome of you! May god bless you for having such a good heart! Karma!

I second that Steve.:Big Grin::Wink::Cool:

Arthur , Your the best bro.

Patrick

Native Gal
01-26-2009, 10:52 PM
WINGNUT a.k.a. "Angel"NUT

Captain Boracho
01-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Arthur is just one of those rare people that exists that make u realize the world still has a few good people left in it. I remember before i met arthur i would read his reports, he became a great inspiration for me. The first time i met him at an event i was very intimidated due to the fact that great fishermen are usually great pricks, but Arthur was nowhere near that he took time to give me some tips on tackle and technique. I am very lucky to know you arthur. NOW TAKE ME FISHING LOL!!

Badbeat
01-26-2009, 11:28 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is that i never have to be reminded of Wingnuts kindness. All i have to do is look at my fishing gear. Rods, reels, tackle, you name it, all of it is what i borrowed from him. Whenever i try to return them, he ignores me and acts like he doesn't know what i'm talking about. I think it's about time i borrow that Shimano Stella Carrot stick set up Art. :ROFL:

No wonder you and Dana get along so well, you both have a generous spirit, you guys make fnn a better place.

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 03:45 AM
I feel that Arthur, " Wingnut" Should be FNN member of the year or something. and have a :Cool: FNN shirt designed for him. I know I would buy 2 .:Big Grin::Wink:

ghetto dad
01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I feel that Arthur, " Wingnut" Should be FNN member of the year or something. and have a :Cool: FNN shirt designed for him. I know I would buy 2 .:Big Grin::Wink:

get off his wingnutz patrick....:ROFL:

GD

sansou
01-27-2009, 11:18 AM
"wingnutz" :ROFL:

Koshaw
01-27-2009, 11:39 AM
By the power of Wingnutz!!!

I totally agree that he is one of the nicest and knowledgable people around. He is always helpful, supportive, generous to a fault, and goes beyond the call of duty regarding everything he does.

=^^=

He truly is an inspiration to us all =)

Fisherman57
01-27-2009, 11:59 AM
The dude refuses to let me pay for anything.
Thread locked. Enough of this!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! J/K!
Thread locked per Wingnut's humble heart request.