PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the city lake !!!!

Eddiem
01-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Me and my dad decided friday night to go to the local lake for the trout derby. Woke up at 5:30 and headed towards the lake. I was there with my dad, brother, and friend we were there for a good 10 - 15 minutes when i hooked up on a really nice trout. it was dead for maybe 1 hour, my bro decides to try a lip ripper. Within 3 casts had a good size trout, brought it towards shore and lost it. Got another one and hooked upto another good size 1 and lost it again, tryed again and lost it AGAIN. I decided to try a blue fox and caught one but lost it. So within 2 hours before we r going to leave we tie up a castmaster on mine and my dads pole. We both catch one and both again r good size ones. Then my dad loses 1, and then right after i hook up on another. My dad lost another 1 after i brought 1 in and then he loses it. My mom comes within 15 minutes before we leave and decides to through in a castmaster and catches 1. all-in-all it was a great day. We lost a total of about6 - 7 fish, and landed 4

Ifishtoolittle
01-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice report dude thanks for sharing.

Bradakas
01-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Sweet. Yeah, it is always heart breaking to lose a fish that close to shore. How were your lip ripperz rigged? I heard a #8 or #10 owner mosquito hook works great.

What park was this at btw?

Eddiem
01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Sweet. Yeah, it is always heart breaking to lose a fish that close to shore. How were your lip ripperz rigged? I heard a #8 or #10 owner mosquito hook works great.

What park was this at btw?

it was actualy a private lake in creekside......
also it wasnt really the hook it was more of the line. we wer using 4 pound test.

rockbass
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
also it wasnt really the hook it was more of the line. we wer using 4 pound test.4 lb test is a good test line for trout in city lakes-some anglers even opt for 2 lb test. Try bringing the fish in a bit slower, and loosen the drag to allow the fish to run out some line if it gets spooked near shore- maybe the rod isn't flexible enough. Keep at it, you'll be taking home limits in no time..............

Thanks for the great report!!!!!

one_leg
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Congrats to you on the ones you landed.

It sounds to me more like a matter of needing to sharpen your hooks.

Get a hook file or replace them with some new ones on your lures.

Setting the hook a bit harder might also be a good idea.

Really let them fish have it if you are using 4 lb test or greater.

Thanks for the report.

Eddiem
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
i actually was using an ultra light pole.....but thanx 4 the tips anywase ill keep those in mind next time i hit the city lakes.