PDA

View Full Version : Sunday at Corona

Marley
01-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Slept in this morning, but decided that I really didn't want to laze around the house today. I figured that some day, I will have said "I wish I had fished more..."So at the bright and early time of 09:30, I loaded the pickemup and headed down to Corona Lake.It was my first trip down there this season, only because I was concerned about the water clarity. If you are, too, don't be. It's as clear as it will get with visibility 8 feet or more down the anchor line.Parked my boat at Marley's Secret Spot #5.1 and set out the offerings. One was a flylined ball of Velveeta, the other bore my beloved herbed wiggler, the blown half-crawler. Half an hour of no love had me watching the conditions around me, and I could see a few boats picking away at fish farther off shore. I like to crowd the shoreline, but this day it wasn;t to be.A quick re-position put me 100 yards or more off shore and out of range of the other boats. I changed the Velveeta to a worm hanging under a bobber and set the rod down. I turned to cast the second worm and my bobber was bit. Seting the hook was not what the fish had wanted, and it took off. Big, wide headshakes and strong runs foretold of a heavyfish and several minutes later, a 3.5-pound tailwalker slid into the waiting net. Not bad for having been at the spot for a total of eight minutes.My second fish came almost as quickly on the Carolina-rigged blown crawler, as did the rest of my limit. I missed three or four hits on the suspended worm, including something big that boiled on the bobber itself. Yikes!As I finished my limit, I passed off the spot to a father and sons who had to sit and watch the show. Gave them the right kind of bait and some pointers, and then it was off to the scales, Tom's farms for fresh veggies and then home. Hope you guys caught some fish!Absolutely gorgeous day to be on the water. Greening hills under puffy clouds and a blue sky belied the rain in the area and that which will come tonight. Pics to come.

Marley's Secret Spot #5.1, view included.

http://www.allcoast.com/photos/data/504/100040DSCN20377102-med.jpg

Sure wouldn't want to have to clean those outboards... Caught the fish about half way between the two pictures.

http://www.allcoast.com/photos/data/504/100040DSCN20407103-med.jpg

samgann93
01-25-2009, 02:42 PM
nice job at corona.

cant wait for the pics

one_leg
01-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Nice Hemingway'esque report Marty. Looking forward to the pics.

BIGRED KILLA
01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the report.

Bigred

boxl0bster
01-25-2009, 03:39 PM
good job out there, how far did you have your n/c under your bobber? thanks for the report.

BanginBob
01-25-2009, 05:26 PM
BB pm the wire:

WOW sounds like a picture perfect day! A bang! bang! day! I have to get on one of these tailwalkers soon so I can see how far a kencor can bendo!

Congrats on a awesome day and hope you hit the chili fries at tom's farm!

BB

92yj
01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
yes sir! that's what i am talking about. good job out there man. thanks for the report. oh and the tallywackers are some good eating, maybe the best. we love to put them on the smoker for a few hrs, man yum yum. thanks and god bless.

Marley
01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
good job out there, how far did you have your n/c under your bobber? thanks for the report.

I had it at 4 feet, fishing in 10-12 feet of water. I saw a couple of other fish come from under bobbers, too.

Marley
01-25-2009, 05:56 PM
... oh and the tallywackers are some good eating, maybe the best. we love to put them on the smoker for a few hrs, man yum yum. thanks and god bless.

I filleted the last one I caught and barbecued it salmon-style. My family thought it really was salmon. A slice of fresh lemon and a dollop of homemade tartar sauce pays the fare to culinary Heaven.

92yj
01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I filleted the last one I caught and barbecued it salmon-style. My family thought it really was salmon. A slice of fresh lemon and a dollop of homemade tartar sauce pays the fare to culinary Heaven.

:EyePop:droooooool:Big Grin:so what time is dinner? lol

Marley
01-25-2009, 09:24 PM
:EyePop:droooooool:Big Grin:so what time is dinner? lol
Dinner on the table at 6:00.

BingJr
01-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Bober fishing is the most fun way to bait and wait bar non. That sounds like a good time out there. Great report!

Seng90806
01-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Secret Spot #5.1 looks like a honey hole for crappies :LOL:

BanginBob
01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
BB on the wire:

How about some GPS coordinates :)))))) These days of fishing with electronics, who needs a fish finder, GPS will not only get you to a Carls JR, it will get you to see fish!

BB

Marley
01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
BB on the wire:

...GPS will not only get you to a Carls JR, it will get you to see fish!

BB

You're a tease, Bob.