PDA

View Full Version : Live Anchovies

RobMoney
06-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Do any Bait Barges have live anchoves anymore? Its been a while since I skiffed it (6 months) but I remember the last couple times they didnt have any....(because of water temp)

SanDimasLMB
06-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Davies Locker in Newport Beach has some every day. When you rent a skiff there, you get free live bait, so........

hakaveli
06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Davies Locker in Newport Beach has some every day. When you rent a skiff there, you get free live bait, so........

they dont supply live bait anymore i called them last month and they dont have them anymore u have to buy them at the barge

fishinginmyblood
06-10-2007, 08:49 PM
yeah they don't supply the live bait anymore the owner of davie's wanted to take the takes out, im not sure why but thats what they told me the last time that i went, but yeah you have to go to the barge to get bait

RobMoney
06-10-2007, 08:49 PM

I know the bait barge supplies you with live bait when you rent a skiff during season...but the last couple times I went they had HUGE sardines...I was wondering if they were ever going to get live anchovies again.

hakaveli
06-10-2007, 08:59 PM

I know the bait barge supplies you with live bait when you rent a skiff during season...but the last couple times I went they had HUGE sardines...I was wondering if they were ever going to get live anchovies again.

u have to pay for the bait at the barge it is not included with the skiff anymore

RobMoney
06-11-2007, 10:05 AM

u have to pay for the bait at the barge it is not included with the skiff anymore

Ok, so my main question is...can you buy live anchovies anymore...or do they just have sardines? About 6 months ago, the bait barge in newport said they didnt have live anchovies...and didnt know if they were ever going to get them, because of the water temp. Im just curious to see what theyre selling now.

hookemdano
06-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I think it all depends on what is available for the bait boats to catch. Try calling Davies - they may not provide the bait anymore but they'll probably know what the barge is selling.