PDA

View Full Version : No longer a skunk at the Duct!!!!

HIghwayPig
01-23-2009, 11:16 PM
So, my original plan for this weekend was to take my kids to Disneyland Saturday morning to get our annual passes. Had a problem with our renter and decided it wasn't a good time, so I picked up my kids at 5pm and asked my son if he wanted to try fishing the duct again. His answer was yes, of course. We headed out to the Buttonwillow gate around 7pm. We worked a good 1/4 mile area for about an hour and had no luck. So we moved over to Freeborn and ran into a family fishing there at the gate. I asked them if they had any luck and they said they got one, but it was too small to keep. So, we moved down a ways and had no luck. About 20 minutes after we got there they took off. We decided to work the gate area since they left. We were using Rat L Traps, chrome. When we got down there my son decided to switch lures. As soon as he did that, I took my first cast. Next thing I knew...bam :EyePop: !!!!! Now, I couldn't believe it at first, because of my awful luck lately, but it was definately there. I yelled to my son like a little girl :ROFL: and he netted it for me. Luckily, it was exactly 18"!!!! At least I could take my prize home. We stayed for about another 30 minutes, but we both were getting tired. So, we got milkshakes to celebrate the end of my white stripe at the duct! Thanks to everyone that gave me advice! I really appreciate this site and all of the help!

BassnRack
01-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice Job Pig! Keep at it. They'll keep coming!

spooky007
01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Great job!! Your efforts paid off!!!

Al

RamboBoy
01-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Congrat!! PAID OFF!

trail blazer
01-24-2009, 06:25 AM
CONGRATS H,P
AHHHHH The sweet taste of success
WTG

kpn
01-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats on your stripey. Keep slaying!

KPN.

mamachipy
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Way to go Danny Boy! Now that I am back from training you gotta let me know next time you guys go and I will try and hook up with you.

Striper Bill
01-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Way to go HighwayPig! I knew you could do it. Persistance does pay off. Nnw you have the Striper Fever.:EyePop::Big Grin:

HIghwayPig
01-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Thnx Mikey, I'll give you a call this week or maybe just catch up with you at the office. I heard you got worked over pretty good up there!!!!! Steve says he wants to try the duct also.

bones
01-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Congrats HP!!
I didn't know there was a size limit on stripers out of the duct.....MMMMMM....Learn something new just about every day....LOL
It's also nice to see more law enforcement fisherman joining the board. Even ones that claim to scream like a little girl...LOL
Tell your buddy Mikey he still owes me a ride on his boat at pyramid someday!

Looking forward to more reports from you soon......Tight Lines-------------<><

buttflyzzz
01-24-2009, 10:27 PM
coming from someone who hasnt got rid of their stripe i just wanna say congrats :Beer Toast:

BakoBassin
01-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Highway...Do you work with Kevin? I don't know his last name, but he's friends with my neighbor John Bair. Big guy...works night patrol.

WJC71
01-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Congrats HP!!
I didn't know there was a size limit on stripers out of the duct.....MMMMMM....Learn something new just about every day....LOL
It's also nice to see more law enforcement fisherman joining the board. Even ones that claim to scream like a little girl...LOL
Tell your buddy Mikey he still owes me a ride on his boat at pyramid someday!

Looking forward to more reports from you soon......Tight Lines-------------<><

The Limits mentioned are only north of LA County
Nice fish also

one_leg
01-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Way to go all the way out there in the wilderness. Congrats to you.

StriperEye
01-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Congrats on kicking the skunk!! Now go out and get some more!!