PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Day at the Pond...

BassMasterson
01-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Me and my cousin got skunked a couple days ago, so we decided to brave the rain and go over to our local spot. Better luck today. My cousin started off the day with one of the nicest looking blue gills I've seen. Missed the photo op on that one. Then I got a smaller gill...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/zlarson311/IMG_0151.jpg

My cousin followed that up with the fish of the day
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/zlarson311/IMG_0152.jpg

I got myself a bass
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/zlarson311/IMG_0154.jpg

Then finally my cousin got another nice gill...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/zlarson311/IMG_0155.jpg

It was wet, but fun. All fish were caught with Nitro worms. I was trying every lure in my bag, but they weren't buying it. After we left the lake, we cruised down to Ray Bay in Seal Beach to search for some Hali's, but no luck there, Oh well!

jbassc
01-23-2009, 10:16 PM
That looks like a sweet little lake.Does that place go off in the spring?

BassMasterson
01-23-2009, 10:23 PM
That looks like a sweet little lake.Does that place go off in the spring?

This place is the sh*t during spawn, but it is a private lake for residents only.

FISHBAIT
01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Holly cow! Sure looks like a bad a** place to live. Front doors look like they are at the lakes shore. Oh yea nice fish.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
This place is the sh*t during spawn. There are some serious Fatties in here, but it is a private lake for residents only... gated...:Wink:... that is to say, I've been kicked out on more than a few occasions! haha

i know exactly where you are....its not so secret if you do not black out your background bro.

BassMasterson
01-23-2009, 11:36 PM
i know exactly where you are....its not so secret if you do not black out your background bro.

well if you already know, you already know! You'd have to have seen the place to recognize it! Still, Im not trying to blow this spot up, it was a lot better a few years ago.. I think it is getting over fished these days...

HEMAN
01-24-2009, 12:14 AM
nice job... rain is fun... good catches.. very nice BG too..

fishmounter
01-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Nice fish man! Hey just to let you know, those are not Bluegills, they are Redear Sunfish. Almost the same fish, but Redear usually grow larger than the 'Gills....

BassMasterson
01-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Nice fish man! Hey just to let you know, those are not Bluegills, they are Redear Sunfish. Almost the same fish, but Redear usually grow larger than the 'Gills....

crazy... This lake is very near an old toxic waste dump! I just thought it was something in the water! haha...

smitty99
01-24-2009, 01:22 AM
A for effort !!!! Thanks for the report!

Seng90806
01-24-2009, 03:48 AM
thats one fat redrear...cant wait for them to come out in full force :LOL: WTG out there in the rain!!!

crappiemike
01-24-2009, 01:09 PM
nice redear " shellcracker " dude!!!

cm

chivo
01-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice redear bro. when can i come over to fish?????

chivo
01-24-2009, 01:27 PM
thats one fat redrear...cant wait for them to come out in full force :LOL: WTG out there in the rain!!!

I hear ya!! I'm waiting to. early spring they will be starting shallow. I'm gonna kill em this year. I'm gearing up as we speak

shy_boxer
01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Yo Zombie...I hope this guy is using barbless hooks. LMAO

BM - My homies brother lives there...he wanted to thank you for posting a picture of his home on the internet. He told me that he will be contacting the po po if he sees more uninvited fisherman. FYI: Did you know that they can take away your gear and arrest you for tresspassing. Thanks alot. Not.

I will now quote TM65 "thats not cool bro"

P.S. ninja fishing = To come in and out without anyone knowing you were there fishing.

BassMasterson
01-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Yo Zombie...I hope this guy is using barbless hooks. LMAO

BM - My homies brother lives there...he wanted to thank you for posting a picture of his home on the internet. He told me that he will be contacting the po po if he sees more uninvited fisherman. FYI: Did you know that they can take away your gear and arrest you for tresspassing. Thanks alot. Not.

I will now quote TM65 "thats not cool bro"

P.S. ninja fishing = To come in and out without anyone knowing you were there fishing.

Been fishing there for years buddy. Your sarcastic attitude is bull sh*t. I've been on this site for 2 days guy, not familiar with all the politics yet! My bad. FYI: You're a smart a**

P.S. My mom lives here, gotta key... Sorry. Not.

shy_boxer
01-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Puhahaha...there is no politics here buddy. Just wanted to relay a message from someone who lives in that private community. He doesn't want a mass number of uninvited fisherman in his backyard. He paid over a million dollars to live there and his HOA dues are pretty expensive. I am pretty sure you can understand his concern.

I mean seriously...dude you take a picture of yourself ninja fishing a private gated community
and you post it on the internet. Whether you've been fishing there for years or not has no significance. You just broke the law and photographed yourself doing it. Does that make any sense? I hope in the future you will exercise better judgement. And you call me a sarcastic *****? I am trying to help you.

I never said you cannot fish there. Fish where ever you please. I applaud you for ninja fishing. Heck...ask anybody who knows me on this board I am an avid ninja fisherman. I am one of the best at blending into the background. Knock on wood.

If your mom lives there than why would they kick you out. In your initial post you stated that they kicked you out on numerous occasions. Did you not? LOL

I didn't mean to offend you. Just was relaying a message no need to get butt hurt. Welcome to FNN.

smokinflies
01-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Your sarcastic attitude is bull sh*t. I've been on this site for 2 days guy, not familiar with all the politics yet!

Dude, welcome to FNN. Don't take this the wrong way, but get used to it or move on. You're dealing with over 16,600 members on this site, trust me, you don't want to get on anybody's bad side here.

smokinflies
01-24-2009, 06:16 PM
I hear ya!! I'm waiting to. early spring they will be starting shallow. I'm gonna kill em this year. I'm gearing up as we speak

Go Team Panfish!!!

BassMasterson
01-24-2009, 06:27 PM
haha, I really wasn't goin' for those fish! Infact, I was using WHOLE night crawlers hoping they would be too big for their liking... I was wrong. We actually caught like 3 or four more that weren't pictured.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Puhahaha...there is no politics here buddy. Just wanted to relay a message from someone who lives in that private community. He doesn't want a mass number of uninvited fisherman in his backyard. He paid over a million dollars to live there and his HOA dues are pretty expensive. I am pretty sure you can understand his concern.

I mean seriously...dude you take a picture of yourself ninja fishing a private gated community
and you post it on the internet. Whether you've been fishing there for years or not has no significance. You just broke the law and photographed yourself doing it. Does that make any sense? I hope in the future you will exercise better judgement. And you call me a sarcastic *****? I am trying to help you.

I never said you cannot fish there. Fish where ever you please. I applaud you for ninja fishing. Heck...ask anybody who knows me on this board I am an avid ninja fisherman. I am one of the best at blending into the background. Knock on wood.

If your mom lives there than why would they kick you out. In your initial post you stated that they kicked you out on numerous occasions. Did you not? LOL

I didn't mean to offend you. Just was relaying a message no need to get butt hurt. Welcome to FNN.

hahaha VPN fo life ;]

castle
01-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Good job on those nice bluegills, wish they were that size up here.

Ifishtoolittle
01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Man those are some nice fish and one cool pond. Great report man thanks for sharing!