PDA

View Full Version : Guide trip..Perris.. 1/23

Pete Marino
01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Went to Perris today with my client John. He wanted to learn how to catch deep water bass on spoons and Ice jigs...

I was a little nervous about this trip because I didnt have a good day on Perris last sunday when I was there for my tournament. But I figured less boats on the lake would make a big difference in catching these deep bass. I was right...

We caught bass in 40-50 ft of water throughout the day... We caught 12 bass but that is pretty good given the time of year it is and the weather (rainy) . And given the fact that I stunk up the place last week at my tournament ... :Embarrassed:

All of our fish were caught on spoons and Ice jigs...

The trench on the north end of the lake was loaded with bass as was the flat just outside the trench on the south side on the lake by the tower..

Our biggest 5 went about 14 1/2 lbs. We tied on the big fish of the day with bookend bass weighing slightly more then 3 1/2 lbs each..

John was extremely happy because he learned alot about deep water spooning and ice jigging.
I actually learned something as well after about 2 hours, I made an adjustment and it worked throughout the rest of the day for us and helped us catch all the fish we did.

If anybody wants to get out and learn how to catch bass during the winter, NOW is the time!! We can hit up Perris or any of the other lakes I guide at. Dont miss out if you want to learn the deep bite because these fish will be making their turn for shallower water in the next 3 1/2 weeks or so... They've already made the turn at some lakes and there is a shallow AND deep bite at some lakes..
No photos this time...

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
(909) 510-5679

socalrippin
01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
good job keeping thes perris bass biting. sorry to hear about your luck in the tourny, i was actually there that day throwing bigbaits from shore. i didnt think there was very many boats on the lake especially for a tourny. anyhow wtg on the winter bass, ide like to learn how to get on the deep fish. im waiting for spawn so i could actually catch em!!!

Seng90806
01-24-2009, 03:50 AM
nice going out there there!!!

Pete Marino
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
As anybody that fishes Perris during the winter knows, it can get tough out there this time of year. One day you can lay a beat down on the bass and the next day Perris will lay a beat down on you. This day was pretty good...

Pete :Cool:

PeteMarino GuideServcie. com
(909)510-5679

Striper Bill
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Nice going out there!

Pete Marino
01-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Pete:Cool:

PeteMarino GuideService. com
(909) 241-8283