PDA

View Full Version : please rain harder..

Pete Marino
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
so DVL will fill back up!!

Yeah right!!

Pete:Cool:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-23-2009, 06:53 PM
hahahahahahaha :Big Grin: :ROFL:

LunkerLover
01-23-2009, 08:15 PM
:Angry:Dude ... Pete ... I've had this SAME recurring dream for 89 nights in a row...

Pete Marino
01-23-2009, 08:40 PM
No doubt!!

Pete:Cool:

Fish Dog
01-24-2009, 12:15 AM
If it rained hard enough to do that I think Noah would have to break out the ark again.

FishingFanatic
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I baught my bassboat specially for DVL. What a decision that was!!! I refuse to rent a boat when the cost is more than my monthly boat payment.

hughpam
02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Add to that that the bird hunting is always better after a good Spring rainy season.

Big Country
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Don't hold your breath...I was at a luncheon yesterday and the speaker was MWD Gen. Mgr. giving his outlook on the impending water reduction issues. Bottom line is DVL won't be filling up anytime soon.

The only minor good news is that the Colorado River basin is above normal for their rainfall and snow pack which means there is some water moving down through and will make its way towards socal.

Interesting fact from another meeting today - out of all the snow pack in the sierras last year, scientists estimated that over 40% of it never ran off into the streams and lakes, but rather, evaporated into the atmosphere due to the severe temperature changes from spring to summer. I guess 30 degree temps one week and 75 degree temps the next week do that.

KID CREOLE
02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
[quote]Interesting fact from another meeting today - out of all the snow pack in the sierras last year, scientists estimated that over 40% of it never ran off into the streams and lakes, but rather, evaporated into the atmosphere due to the severe temperature changes from spring to summer. I guess 30 degree temps one week and 75 degree temps the next week do that[quote/]

If this were true, the Salton Sea would be dry

YACKM06
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
i just asked my lucky 8 ball and it said, "all signs point to yeah right!"

BingJr
02-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I think youd be better off praying for another lakes dam to break and fill up DVL that way.

sansou
02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
I think youd be better off praying for another lakes dam to break and fill up DVL that way.

....or the US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals swings conservative and lets SoCal get the water they need.

lurk 182
02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
very good barrister, damn 9th circuit, such a crapshoot.

chris
02-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Don't hold your breath...I was at a luncheon yesterday and the speaker was MWD Gen. Mgr. giving his outlook on the impending water reduction issues. Bottom line is DVL won't be filling up anytime soon.

The only minor good news is that the Colorado River basin is above normal for their rainfall and snow pack which means there is some water moving down through and will make its way towards socal.

Interesting fact from another meeting today - out of all the snow pack in the sierras last year, scientists estimated that over 40% of it never ran off into the streams and lakes, but rather, evaporated into the atmosphere due to the severe temperature changes from spring to summer. I guess 30 degree temps one week and 75 degree temps the next week do that.

i was wondering about that there was a lot of snow but no real level change to the good that i saw maybe it'll melt slower and there won't be any islands at saddlebag

snag
02-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Has the lake risen any yet? LOL

May give it a shot today, I'm too sick to go to work.

RoastedBlueGill
02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
yeah, we'll get a lot of rain, it'll fill the lake up, then they'll come up with the excuse that the launch ramp washed away!

BassMasterson
02-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Sorry to sound stupid, but is this a joke? Isn't it good if the level rises? or are you guys being sarcastic?

Ifishtoolittle
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I thnk DVL will get a few feet of rising water. I had a range guage( a Bucket :LOL:) and each day i've been getting about 2-4" of water. So come on baby fill up DVL!