PDA

View Full Version : black dog baits

matt duarte
01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
ok so ive bought a few of there baits 2 8" punkers and a shellcracker..about to buy another cracker and maybe a tailwagger but for those that have these baits have you noticed that the paint jobs are awesome but suck nuts at the same time? i swear evertime the shell cracker hits the water a piece of paint chips off! its not so bad with the punkers but the shell cracker looks like 100 fish have tried to eat it and it hasnt caught one...i just bought it for spring and tossin it now for kicks and i cant belive how easily the paint falls off...

i think back dog defently needs to rethink whatever top coat there using cause it sucks! i can proly flick a chip off the bait...none the less ill still buy more but WTF haha come on B-DOG step it up or lower your price!

sorry i had to vent...pisses me off when the bait chips from water..now if it was a fish i wouldnt care but water come on!

tacklejunkie
01-23-2009, 12:54 PM
You have to throw those baits when "you know they're gonna get hit" so you get fish on them before the finish is gone.

You need two swimbait rods dude. One for the drawing baits and one for the action baits. Drawing baits to draw blind or graphed strikes like sinking bbz and hudd. When you see sh*t going down near the surface like a bass randomly chasing a gill or a trout, throw those black dog baits out there. You know it will be on.

When they are chasing trout or big baitfish those baits work like magic without much effort. I Was fishing plastics one day with the swimmy rod on standby in the holder of the toon. I saw a bass busting on a trout for like 2 minutes straight when I finally paddled over on my pontoon, chucked a trout in the mess, missed first time and bingo the second time. Could have been a punker for all that bass cared, I was burning it across the surface like the other trout running for it's life. he was gonna eat a trout no matter what. :LOL:

Point being, it only took two casts that day with the bbz. I caught like 5 more on plastics. Right place, right time for everything.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Swimbait%203-11-08/DSC_0033.jpg

I've seen the big bass chase huge gills at perris. String the shellcracker up on swimbait rod #2 and wait patiently. It'll only take you a few casts at the right place and time and you'll save the finish of the bait.

Even the plastic, paint, finish and fins of the bbz wont last too long without repainting or replacing fins. I chipped plastic and ripped fins off a few of those baits by now.

matt duarte
01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Ya i know i proly should only be tossin this when the time is right but the bait is just fun to throw! Haha you saw it at perris awesome action even when dead sticking it, it still swims haha...ill proly just buy another one and put it away till the time is right..

tacklejunkie
01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Wait until you see a flying bluegill and a 3 foot wave in the water behind/following it. :LOL: Then chuck that sucker out there and start burning!

I sat there one time and watched a dying and twitching bluegill float back and forth from the wind one day in about 10 feet of water on the surface. It never got hit. I watched it for hours as I fished the D/S and caught fish.

I'd probably wait until I saw bass on gill action or the two specie in close proximity on a "good day" before I fired it.