PDA

View Full Version : East Beach

Fishmaster B
01-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi all, first post. I fish 3-5 times a week and I live in Santa Barbara on east beach. I love to fish freshwater but since i live across the street from the beach i do hit the surf quite a bit. Fish mostly plastics for halibut, but on Tues. a couple of us went over with our trout rods to go after the perch. 4 lb test ultra light rods and gulp sandworms fished with a #12 hook and a small split shot. We caught at least 50 perch in 2 hours along with a hermit crab, large smelt and a 20" hali. Went back by myself on wed and was wide open again right up ntil the rain started to fall. A couple more months and the boat trips will resume so ill keep you all posted. No pics for now but ill start taking a bunch. If anyone needs any advice let me know and I can probably help you out re: the santa barbara area.

Wingnut
01-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Man, must be nice to live so close to the surf. :Envious: Love that area, great stretch of beach to fish for a variety of species. Thanks for the report. :Cool:

Fishmaster B
01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
If you are ever in the area shoot me an email and maybe we can join up.

FISH_HUNTER
01-22-2009, 01:30 PM
WOW 50+ fish on the light line....must be nice!!! Looking forward to more reports. Don't 4get the pictures :Wink:

bones
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Yep it's that time of year and EB is a great place for the slabs. Nice swell right now makes it a little sketchy sometimes but the perchies just love all of the white water. Flatties on the other hand have been slim to none in the area. Can't wait until the bait in the water grows and the flatties move back in. Thanks for the report!

Fishmaster B
01-23-2009, 07:53 AM
No worries ill bring the camera next time, im gonna head up to cachuma rain or shine on sunday to hunt the trout with what have become my perch rods as of late.

troutslayer05
01-23-2009, 05:28 PM
50 fish is a always a good day. I loved fishing east beach when i lived there last year. You ever go up to Santa Ynez and catch those smallies?

one_leg
01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Good for you guys on the perch and other stuff too.

Brewfish
01-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Great job! SB represent!