PDA

View Full Version : Castaic upper and lower 1-21-09

Ray Lopez
01-22-2009, 12:01 PM
well after work yesterday i met up with Captain Castaic and we decided to try and toss some swimmys off the upper dam area.

We make the march all the way down to the very end around 3:45ish. I was tossing my hudd r012 and c.c. was tossing a castaic soft bait.

this was both are first times trying this out, both of us worried about snaping off the bait but we did a good job tossing dem bad boyz out there like champs.

we worked are way back to the middle of the dam with no love at all. I did notice that everyone on the dam was tossing swimbaits and huge plugs no bait or trout fisherman in site.

well at 5pm C.C. goes home and i wanting to break my skunk head to the lagoon for some action. First thing i notice is they are a crap load of cars and trailors. They were filming a movie i guess. I grab my gear and head just past the first camp site and make my way down to shore. I'm drop shotting my 5 1/2" curly tail hologram shad smothered in bass feast smelly jelly. I really start working the shoreline making my way back to the car. Casting out every 10 to 15 feet and slowly bumping my lure back. I got hit a few times but nothing solid. I get right in the middle of the 2 reed sections and cast out. I set my pole down for a quick second to re up on my sunflower seeds (just quit smoking less then a month ago). I grab my pole and start reeling in the slack. It's taking me a little longer then normal to get the slack up. Then i find out why, as i get it tight i feel *tap tap tap TUG* sawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweet. It's about time after 6 shots at the lagoon since this year began i fianlly got the skunk off my back. I reel in a nice little fat 2 pounder. Fought preety nice. I almost forgot what a LMB felt like lol. After that i casted out a few more times. But it was 7:30pm and i was ready to eat dinner and go to bed.

So after 6 trys on the lagoon i broke that skunk. So far this year is starting out slow for me.

in 09 i have caught 3 hails and 18, 20, and a 24" and 1 LMB

with over 7 trips to fish and 4 differnt bodys of water.

one_leg
01-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Did you get all that info from your fishing diary?

Glad to hear that you quit pounding them coffin nails.

Leave the sunflower seeds off of other peoples boats though. They clog the bilge pump.

Nice going on the skunk punking.

Ray Lopez
01-22-2009, 01:30 PM

Leave the sunflower seeds off of other peoples boats though. They clog the bilge pump.

no diary im just that good when i suck at fishing lol

and yup i ditched them bit*hs once and for all

one_leg
01-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Um, where are the 'Butt pics?

ghetto dad
01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Great report raylo...thanks man

GD

dodgerfan
01-22-2009, 03:25 PM

thats funny cause paddy is always saying im leaving seeds around his boat and truck

one_leg
01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
thats funny cause paddy is always saying im leaving seeds around his boat and truck

No comment.....:ROFL:

Captain Castaic
01-22-2009, 04:45 PM
No comment.....:ROFL:

Oh man One Leg!!! You a sick beeeeoootch!!!

LOL

C.C.

one_leg
01-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh man One Leg!!! You a sick beeeeoootch!!!

LOL

C.C.

Great minds think alike!!! :Wink:

Captain Castaic
01-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Great minds think alike!!! :Wink:

"TOO-SHAY" (uneducated guess at spelling!)

shy_boxer
01-23-2009, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the report RayLo....glad you punked the skunk. Damn...I miss the Goon. Tight lines.