PDA

View Full Version : Golf Course Ninja...

BassMasterson
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi, I live in fullerton (North OC) and have been told there is some good fishing at local golf courses as long as you dont get caught. I was golfing at a course in North OC, and the course manager actually recomended to come after hours and drop a line because he said there are huge bass in there. Haven't done it yet, but I was wondering if any of you have fished here, or if there are any other courses in the area that might be worth a shot. Any tips on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
P.S. dont reply and tell me about the leagal issues about doing this, I understand that much...

Darius
01-22-2009, 12:20 PM
hell, just try it out, if you get caught tell them youre fishing for your balls.

BassMasterson
01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
haha, ok... good idea.

goseango
01-22-2009, 03:34 PM
sounds like the "course manager" gave you the ok......get his name and drop it if you get caught.....:Secret:

Hate2Fish
01-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Used to fish golf courses in San Dimas, Walnut and Diamond Bar

FUN

old pudd fisher
01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Go for it! What the the hell.

gavin310
01-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Just tell them you know Sergio. That always works.

BassMasterson
01-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Just tell them you know Sergio. That always works.

haha, even with the cops?

gavin310
01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
haha, even with the cops?

well... there's a good chance there's a Sergio on the force... but nah probably won't work hah

jbassc
01-22-2009, 11:50 PM
hell, just try it out, if you get caught tell them youre fishing for your balls.

ha..ha..ha..ha

tall tales
01-24-2009, 02:49 PM
i know a few pm sent

FishermanStu
01-24-2009, 04:05 PM
hey man if you ever wanna get out on the golf courses shoot me a pm. i do it on the regs and know some decent spots. hit me up

studlyfisherman
01-24-2009, 09:06 PM
f u stu...enough said

one_leg
01-24-2009, 09:11 PM
hey man if you ever wanna get out on the golf courses shoot me a pm. i do it on the regs and know some decent spots. hit me up

Yeah, go with Stu. He looks like a caddy. You won't get hassled.

Studlyfisherman looks like a groundskeeper. Stay away from him.

buttflyzzz
01-24-2009, 10:33 PM
i think you all have it wrong... just invite the manager out fishing with you. if he know what a bass is he prob has an intrest

FishermanStu
01-25-2009, 09:24 AM
im just gonna leave this one alone with you guys. it could go on all day

BanginBob
01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
BB on the wire

If you see the 5.0 then run the hell and don't look back; Just wear black so you can disappear into the dark! Watch out for mountain lions and pack of coyotes though :0

FishermanStu
01-25-2009, 06:30 PM
BB on the wire

If you see the 5.0 then run the hell and don't look back; Just wear black so you can disappear into the dark! Watch out for mountain lions and pack of coyotes though :0

i second this

djkim1
11-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Has anyone tried to ninja the Brea golf course?

itsagooddaytofish
11-03-2011, 06:21 AM
i live im murrieta and there is a golf course i go fish regularly after6 oclock
100s of fish hitting topwater bite .one tip is sattalite google maps. look for ponds on the map thats how you find secret spots and also some abandoned propertys that have ponds .there are fish that have never seen a lure in these spots

reservoir dog
11-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Even if the manager says "drop a line" but if you still have to hop a fence then technically you're still trespassing. Maybe you ought to ask the manger to pull a ninja with you so maybe he can just unlock the gates...wouldn't that be nice!

Here's another idea which I though of while playing a 9-hole a few weeks ago. Pack a 2 piece rod or telescoping rod in your bag then when you're golfing past the pond you breakout the rod and give it a few casts. Good luck out there and let us know how it is.

smokehound
11-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I know of a driving range that tolerates fishermen in anaheim.

tagg27
11-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I keep a telescoping rod with a 4" robo on it in my golf bag. On weekends were you have to wait on almost every tee box it helps pass the time. Only got told to stop once.

azbaseball
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
In the phoenix metro no golf course or home owners assoc. lake is safe from the Ninja fishing team. We do dress in black and sneak around. Yes we stay away from the homes but it is a blast. I fished Turf Paradise which is the Horse track in Phoenix loads of big bass. The 500 club golf course in glendale has a tone of bass and big catfish. Ninja fishing rule 1 if you are asked to leave LEAVE. I have seen a couple of guys wearing silver bracelets because they opened their mouth to the home owner, next thing you see 2 cop cars roll up and game over.
When i used to golf, i alway carried a teloscopic rod in my bag. Well i was always in the water looking for my balls anyway so i would hide behind a brush and cast a line

be safe have fun

ItchyBass
11-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I know of a driving range that tolerates fishermen in anaheim.

If your talking about a certain range in Anaheim that i'm thinking of the tolerance you speak of isn't like it used to be. I used to go during the day and they would't care. These days it's a different story, don't know if the ownership changed or what. PM me and we can further discuss.

djkim1
11-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm targeting LMB, but how did they get in these golf ponds in the first place? Was it stocked a long time ago, like the lakes were?

smokehound
11-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm targeting LMB, but how did they get in these golf ponds in the first place? Was it stocked a long time ago, like the lakes were?People illegally transport them.

Lots of people do this, actually. (Legal if you have a scientific permit)

sevenout
11-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Ninja'dthe J.W. Marriott's Shadow Ridge GC-No bass but several huge cats caught on bacon. Definitely no need for 'Bite On' voodoo sauce, hookup every 5 minutes!

carpanglerdude
11-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Used to fish golf courses in San Dimas, Walnut and Diamond Bar

FUN

Always wondered about that big Diamond Bar golf course pond...

etucker1959
11-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm targeting LMB, but how did they get in these golf ponds in the first place? Was it stocked a long time ago, like the lakes were?

State law says ("To help control insects in all standing bodies of water") one of two things must to done to the water. Treat the water with chemicals or stock it with fish. Stocking a small body of water with fish is the most cost effective way to comply with the state law.

midgettosser1
11-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I've actually seen the course marshall fishing a pond, while I was playing at the course near my place. I have the perfect GC pond right across the street from me. Although, I have never seen anything really big in there. Only tried fishing it once, but not for too long.
I always keep meanin to... just been lazy I guess.

Circuit
11-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Anyone know of any good golf courses to hit up in southern Orange County?