PDA

View Full Version : Bees bulls-eye

SteveH
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Got to fish the vine on Tues.
Had the hot pink admission tickets that day.
I wore my pass like a good customer but had an usual problem.
Moving around the lake in my boat, I found myself to be a bee target.
Through out the day I was slammed in the chest by dozens of bees.
My only guess is, they where attracted to the bright pink bulls-eye stuck to my chest.
Just after mid day, I removed my bulls-eye and stuck it to window on my boat.
This brings back a memory of last year, when I returned on my boat to my truck on trout island, to find the bottom back end of the truck to completely covered in bees. I'm talking about thousands of them.
I also hate to think about last year, when anchored up in Sierra cove, a massive black swarm of bees, flew directly over my boat. The swarm was about 15 feet above when it passed.
Man, am I glad I didn't have a bulls-eye on then.
Those flourscent color stickers could be deadly.

one_leg
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Ha Ha, a friend of mine was stung last weekend and they were constantly buzzing him.

I had no problems though and I think we were wearing Orange passes. It was either Sat. or Mon.

Mondo21
01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
That's some funny stuff:ROFL:. Did you let the powers that bee(get it bee:ROFL:) know about the target color? I'm still laughing:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Cindy

Did you try and bee them off !!!??? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
That's the funniest thing I've heard all week! Thanks.:ROFL:

Gmoney
01-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Bee nice Cindy :ROFL::ROFL:
oh man....that was fun

G$

Mondo21
01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Bee nice Cindy :ROFL::ROFL:
oh man....that was fun

G$

I will... BEEcause you asked me too G$:ROFL: Cindy
by the way Congrats on the money fish.

Sue
01-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Oh you guys,

Beehave! :ROFL:

Mondo21
01-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I tried to bee nice and bee have, but you (Sue) won't let it bee. Beelieve me I'm trying so hard to stay off this Thread. But I keep coming back,but it bees that way sometime. :ROFL:. Okay I'll stop! Cindy:Big Smile:

bassmeister
01-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah I was at the lake yesterday and had to put away the garlic oil. That stuff was bringing in all the bees. Looked like bees would be a great bait since there were thousands of them floating on the water.

troutdog
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
I am waiting for the day somone sues one of the pay lakes, claiming the colored stickers they were forced to wear caused a bee to sting them...especially if they are deathly allergic to them. I'll keep Sansou's number handy just in case! :LOL:

TD

one_leg
01-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe Patrick65 should be equiped with an Epi-Pen in the event a customer is stung by a bee?

Mondo21
01-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I know I was joking eariler but a bee sting can be deadly. Hopefully the staff or owners will read this thread and take action on it. I can always use some extra money, but not that way:Shocked: Cindy

Mondo21
01-22-2009, 10:11 PM
I am waiting for the day somone sues one of the pay lakes, claiming the colored stickers they were forced to wear caused a bee to sting them...especially if they are deathly allergic to them. I'll keep Sansou's number handy just in case! :LOL:

TD

Is Sansou a doc?

troutdog
01-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Is Sansou a doc?

Lawyer and tilapia fisherman extraodinaire....

TD

trollmiester
01-23-2009, 06:50 AM
You can get stung by a bee anywhere anytime in any place in california.If they bother you or worry about them take up bowling,or go to another lake ,no body forces anybody to fish at irvine lake .Now have a nice day everybody.

SteveH
01-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for setting us straight.

one_leg
01-25-2009, 12:38 PM
A quick remedy is to smear the site of the sting with a smooshed Pautzke's salmon egg.

saintarv
01-25-2009, 01:25 PM
A quick remedy is to smear the site of the sting with a smooshed Pautzke's salmon egg.

I thought you need someone to pee on you when you get stung. :ROFL:

one_leg
01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
I thought you need someone to pee on you when you get stung. :ROFL:

Nobody ever told me that they had to be stung first. Sounds like an old wives tale to me.

BIGRED KILLA
01-25-2009, 02:20 PM
LMAO All lakes have bees its the out doors diffrent times of the year they come out in force esp these hotter days.If some of you peeps are scared of them get a bee suit no need to cry.

Bigred

Troutman65
01-27-2009, 03:42 AM
I just saw the movie " The Secret Life of Bees " Good movie .