PDA

View Full Version : corona lake lightning trout?

lilmystery246
01-22-2009, 09:02 AM
hey im thinking of hitting up corona lake for the first week of lightning trout. ive never been there thogh... is there weeds like in irvine lake? or less? any hot spots or bad spots? what bait is good? what bait is good for lightning trout? anything you dont want to post you can p.m me. thanks all that been helping me lately :Smile:

lilmystery246
01-22-2009, 04:46 PM
any help? :Wink:

sansou
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Lightning trout, like steelies, like tailwalkers, like alpers, like Lassen triploids....etc, they all fall for the same trouty tricks in my experience. No major difference.

The upside to the lightnings is that they are more visible and make it easier to sight fish them with a flylined powerworm & one small splitshot or mini jig (depending of course the clarity of the lake you are at....in my recent experience, Poway Lake for me). I also am of the opinion they literally taste a tad sweeter than other trout.

Have fun out there.

KaliDawgFan
01-22-2009, 05:29 PM
There aren't really any weeds out there that you can get caught on from shore, but the south part of the lake has some sticks you can get caught on.

samgann93
01-22-2009, 07:40 PM
There a blast to sight fish for. !!!

use dark minijigs

socalrippin
01-24-2009, 07:06 AM
it will be very crowded as usual! im talking like 3-5 ft off shore line per angler. unless you get a boat of course. very recommended!!!

smokinflies
01-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Good luck out there lilmystery.

one_leg
01-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Get yourself one of them Berkley Lightning Rods, they attract the lightning.

Try some NitroDough, smeared with a liberal dose of NitroGease, on a size 16 or 18 Eagle Claw Treble hook.

matt duarte
01-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Get yourself one of them Berkley Lightning Rods, they attract the lightning.

hahahahaha funny o_l

ya trout are trout... just different color and meat....FORGET the trout dude! you just got that swimbait setup go put it to use! bait and wait is just boring...but any way have fun out there andbring you own powerbait theres is priced like double as well as everything they sell there

BanginBob
01-26-2009, 06:01 AM
BB on the wire;

From experince the best bait to use is a "pink" plastic trout worm; use the brand of confidnece, just be sure it is a trout or crappie worm, and not a worm the size that could knock a fish out! If that doesn't work, then try using the traditional lime green and if that doesn't work then try orange. If that doesn't work, then try the dough bait with a good scent on it, the BB secret sauce shall reamain well a secret but use yours with confidence; If that doesnt work then go back to the traditional half creature from the depths of the dirt and blow some cold air into it; If that doesn't work then move around on the lake as you are in a bad spot becuase after all that effort, you should have caught one already!

Note: Change your bait every 5/10 minutes when the bite is slow, you will create a oil slick the size of the once arco spilliage and should create a feeding frenzy!!!!

lilmystery246
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
BB on the wire;

From experince the best bait to use is a "pink" plastic trout worm; use the brand of confidnece, just be sure it is a trout or crappie worm, and not a worm the size that could knock a fish out! If that doesn't work, then try using the traditional lime green and if that doesn't work then try orange. If that doesn't work, then try the dough bait with a good scent on it, the BB secret sauce shall reamain well a secret but use yours with confidence; If that doesnt work then go back to the traditional half creature from the depths of the dirt and blow some cold air into it; If that doesn't work then move around on the lake as you are in a bad spot becuase after all that effort, you should have caught one already!

Note: Change your bait every 5/10 minutes when the bite is slow, you will create a oil slick the size of the once arco spilliage and should create a feeding frenzy!!!!

thank you bob =] and every1 eles =]

The Angler
02-03-2009, 10:08 PM
oil slick the size of the arco spillage haha

i plan on going to get some lightning trout myself what lure size is good for them big trout or will the normal 1/8 size work as well?