PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hemet 1/21

BULLDOG
01-21-2009, 11:02 PM
I dropped off my bro and our cousin off at Lake Hemet for some trout fishing this morning. It was cold and we had a light drizzle all day. I did some scouting and some quail hunting in the morning and when I returned my bro had them dialed in. He had 7 on the stringer and had released many fish. All fish were caught on PB and I managed to pick 2 trout before we headed home.

Damn he ate my hook
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/abel92701/fishing/SSPX0097.jpg
My Bro's nice hold over
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/abel92701/fishing/SSPX0094.jpg
The spot
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/abel92701/fishing/SSPX0093.jpg

DCCTrouserTrout
01-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I have never been there... Looks like a nice lake

BULLDOG
01-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I have never been there... Looks like a nice lake

The lake is nice with the snow covered mountains, kinda reminds me of the sierras a little. The fishing is great just don't expect any big fish like Irvine or SARL and all you need is a CA Adventure Pass & your license to fish there.

FISH_HUNTER
01-22-2009, 09:29 AM
The lake is nice with the snow covered mountains, kinda reminds me of the sierras a little. The fishing is great just don't expect any big fish like Irvine or SARL and all you need is a CA Adventure Pass & your license to fish there.

It's a great lake to fish!! And if your lucky enough to go on a weekday you'll most likely have the lake to your self like in the last picture. Yeah your chances of landing a 5 pound plus trout are not as likely as the pay to fish lakes but LOOK @ all that room!!!:Shocked::EyePop:

Bronzeback
01-22-2009, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=BULLDOG;298369]I dropped off my bro and our cousin off at Lake Hemet for some trout fishing this morning. It was cold and we had a light drizzle all day. I did some scouting and some quail hunting in the morning and when I returned my bro had them dialed in. He had 7 on the stringer and had released many fish. All fish were caught on PB and I managed to pick 2 trout before we headed home.

If I read you right " 7 on the stringer". Just a reminder: You can't share a stringer. More than a limit on a single stringer will get you a ticket. Each fisherman should have his own stringer. No need to spoil a good day fishing with a ticket, for lack of a stringer.

fishntime
01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey bro, nice report. I was up there a week ago monday and I was fishing that same exact spot and I caught 3 and my buddy caught a total of 6. Only there for about 3hrs. but lots of fun.

BULLDOG
01-22-2009, 12:34 PM
If I read you right " 7 on the stringer". Just a reminder: You can't share a stringer. More than a limit on a single stringer will get you a ticket. Each fisherman should have his own stringer. No need to spoil a good day fishing with a ticket, for lack of a stringer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up I did not know that, I'll make sure to purchase some more stringers for these guys so they can put in their tackle bags. We only kept the fish that swallowed the hooks and was impossible to remove.

Danny7600
01-22-2009, 03:23 PM
what time did u guys get there?

Baja Vinnie
01-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Couple few weeks ago during the last big rain, I was doing on estimate in a community not far from the lake. Decided to pull in too take a look around and shake the dew off my lilly. I parked directly above where this poster was fishing. My truck was the ONLY vechicle in the parking lot or on the entire lake for that matter. No sooner had I exited the restroom and there was a ranger standing next to my truck! First words out of his mouth "where's your adventure pass??". I'm thinking "Great, stop to take a wiz and now i'm getting a ticket!?!?" The guy turned out to be fairly cool, let me off with a warning. Turns out, the guy lives on site and said he's always keeping on eye out for adventure passes, licenses and poachers! So keep that in mind when visiting Lake Hemet.

one_leg
01-22-2009, 04:35 PM
That is a good spot. Or at least it was about 15 years ago. It has been that long since I was up there.

It was 19 degrees F. at that time. Luckily I had driven the motorhome up there. Space heaters rule!!!

Congrats on the scouting, and the trout as well.

steve092
01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the pics.

I've always wondered what that lake looked like.

BULLDOG
01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
what time did u guys get there?

We got to the lake around 7:30am and we left around 3:30pm.

pwynn
01-22-2009, 08:02 PM
It is s great lake i fished it all of Sept, Oct Nov and most and the first part of Dec. I had surgery in dec and i just cant handle the cold right now. BUT i will more than likely be there sunday. It is a really pretty place to fish. and the bald eagles are cool too.

GdHkSet1
01-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I think they are conducting bald eagle counts around the different lakes. I remember the one i saw at skinner years back, back in the southwest corner swooping down and clawing a rainbow right in front of my boat.

newbefisher
01-22-2009, 08:58 PM
That's the spot I go to first. I always seem to catch something there. Nice job on the fish. :Fishing Catch:

shy_boxer
01-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the report. Lake Hemet is an awesome lake to fish. I have always caught feesh here. Trout during the winter months. Largemouth bass (PB was 4# here) and all the bluegill you wanna catch during spring and summer. This place is bluegill heaven for me. Also there are some toad catfish here. I personally saw 20#ers being caught last time I was there.

The scenery is very tranquil and beautiful. Dude, I need to make a trip up to Lake Hemet. Tight Lines.

SierraGuy
01-25-2009, 01:24 PM
nice job:Big Grin: