PDA

View Full Version : Fairmont Park Lake?

old pudd fisher
01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I live only about three miles from the park and have never been thier.I hear all kinds of negative stuff about it thats why I don't go thier. whats up with that? I'am retiered now and it could be a good hang out for me, let me know how it is thanks.:Big Grin:

Senor Rambone
01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
I always played golf at that little course and finally decided to hit it up a couple of times. Seems like they've cleaned that place up a bit over the past couple years. You see the cops cruising in alot more so maybe thats helping deter the lowlifes from lingering at that place. There used to be alot of homeless and junkies that would hang around there so they can pan-handle on the freeway off-ramp. Ive never had any problems and I see some nice locals going for their daily walks around the lake.

dly123
01-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I live about 5 minutes from the place and go here after work in the summertime. It is not a bad place to go during the daytime, but you want to leave before dark. The water is a lot cleaner than it used to be. Just don't get your hopes up on catching anything. I suffer from 3-4 month streaks of catching nothing.

The Angler
01-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Yea is alot better these days seems like the cop patrols and city have cleaned the place up pretty good. You will still see some weirdos every now and then. Just dont bother them and they wont bother you. As for the fishing its pretty tuff i have yet to pull anything out of that place although the golf course pon i have farmed a couple in there if u catch anything from the pond Plz C&R :Cool:

fishmounter
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey Old Pudd Fisher... I too live close to Lake Evans and I do fish here all the time and though fishing is pretty tough at times, I have been fortunate to catch some very nice bass. One recent fish was a real wallhanger. The place is just as The Angler said, but so are most parks and public lakes. Just go fish and enjoy yourself.

SkipperDick
01-23-2009, 08:09 PM
I would have to agree with Fishmounter, just go and fish and enjoy yourself. I have pulled a couple of nice size bass out of there myself. Posted one in here not so long ago that I caught. The park is actually very nice, and they have been working on cleaning it up for some time now and doing a pretty good job too. It is nice to see families and couples walking and enjoying the place for a change. It is probably one of the toughest places to catch fish I have found. But there are some nice ones in there. Good luck! and enjoy!

old pudd fisher
01-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks all!! I used to pass by thier very early in the morning on my way to work and would see lots of weird people around thier camping out.I'll give it a go.