PDA

View Full Version : NPH on foot 1-21

HESBROS
01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
I checked out the tides this morning and it looked like there was a decent condition to fish an incoming high tide at NPH this afternoon so I checked with the wife and she said it was cool (Thanks hun). I arrived NPH at 1500 and started fishing at the public dock neat the Balboa Ferry. Not much happening there so I started my usual pattern and worked my way up the line. It was pretty slow for the most part. I got one fish and it made it worth the trip!

It was 24.5 Inches and was a heck of a fight on light tackle with 6lb line and a Spottie Special Big Hammer.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1385.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1387.jpg

Thanks Steve!

Eddie

Lightline
01-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Nice, have you tried the surf line at Newport?

HESBROS
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice, have you tried the surf line at Newport?

No, I have never ever surf fished, thats next on my list of things to try.

fishnFF
01-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Nice flattie Eddie. Keep killin' em.

GET DA NET
01-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice flattie indeed.

crappiemike
01-21-2009, 10:08 PM
nice harbor fish!!

cm

klocked
01-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Very nice Eddie!! :Cool:

That was no easy feat catching that fish on foot without a boat. If you want some company next time you head down there, let me know. Although, I don't know if I'd be very good company because I like to fish more than talk.:LOL:

Did you catch it while fishing between docks or one of those wide sandy beach areas?

Wingnut
01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Nice Flat Boy Eddie, well done. I'm trying to get my first legal for the New Year. Only hit the surf once so far. :Wink: :Cool: :Envious:

HESBROS
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM

That was no easy feat catching that fish on foot without a boat. If you want some company next time you head down there, let me know. Although, I don't know if I'd be very good company because I like to fish more than talk.:LOL:

Did you catch it while fishing between docks or one of those wide sandy beach areas?

PM me your number John. I too like to fish more than talk, silence is great when fishing. I think it is possible to go a whole day fishing and not say a word! Other than the occasional profanity to myself when I miss a fish!

HESBROS
01-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Nice Flat Boy Eddie, well done. I'm trying to get my first legal for the New Year. Only hit the surf once so far. :Wink: :Cool: :Envious:

Thanks Arthur, I am sure your 1st of 09 will come soon, then the next one and another and another......and so on! You have no problems gettin' those things.

bones
01-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh YEAH.....Now that makes it all worth it. I'm going to try to talk Arthur into heading south for a bay session. I usually use a 3 1/2 " Spottie special and a green 3/8oz jig head. Just currious what size you were using.

MAVERICK27
01-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Count me in for that trip too :) I wanna fish the harbor but not sure about tackle and where to hit. I would like to make the trip a success, so add me to your list to PM to go. Great report and nice fish!!

fishshep
01-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Great catch!!!:Smile:

flyngby
01-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Congrats to my Buddy on his first NPH legal Flattie!!!!!!!!!:Big Smile:

I recognize the landing location of that Flattie in the first pic but I do not recognize the release point and I know that harbor very well!!!!!!:Rolls Eyes:

Great Job!!!!!:Beer Toast:

See you are fishing my spots again!!!!!!! :Envious::Death2Above:

You were supposed to be on a Spottie Recon trip for the Team!!!!!!:whistle:

Oh YEAH.....Now that makes it all worth it. I'm going to try to talk Arthur into heading south for a bay session. I usually use a 3 1/2 " Spottie special and a green 3/8oz jig head. Just currious what size you were using.

Count me in for that trip too :) I wanna fish the harbor but not sure about tackle and where to hit. I would like to make the trip a success, so add me to your list to PM to go. Great report and nice fish!!

Hey you guys it looks like we might have to rent a charter here to get all out at once in the harbor!!!!!!

Eddie is a quick learner and starting to take over my :Fishing Hole:!!!!!!

Steve

saltman
01-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Eddie,
Nice hook up.

Ram..

Evilone
01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
nice fish Ed

HESBROS
01-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Congrats to my Buddy on his first NPH legal Flattie!!!!!!!!!:Big Smile:

I recognize the landing location of that Flattie in the first pic but I do not recognize the release point and I know that harbor very well!!!!!!:Rolls Eyes:

Great Job!!!!!:Beer Toast:

See you are fishing my spots again!!!!!!! :Envious::Death2Above:

You were supposed to be on a Spottie Recon trip for the Team!!!!!!:whistle:

Hey you guys it looks like we might have to rent a charter here to get all out at once in the harbor!!!!!!

Eddie is a quick learner and starting to take over my :Fishing Hole:!!!!!!

Steve

You should know the 1st pic, you took me there, as a matter of fact you missed one there and I got one there last time we were out. But this on was right under the bridge.

As for the release spot, you will figure that out if you have not yet.

I was on a spottie recon, thats what made it even better.

steve092
01-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Nice 'but.

HESBROS
01-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Eddie,
Nice hook up.

Ram..

Thanks RAM! When you going to join us for a trip? I want to do a striper trip someday at your guys hole. Make sure Robert R. gets your engineer's job, seem like a great kid! Oh, yeah and he fish'es!

j-DuBb
01-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Nice butt .... thanks for the report.

-j-