PDA

View Full Version : Got Some Stinky Finger Today

Ambassadorhawg
01-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow, my hands smell like BASSSS!

Got out to my honey hole this afternoon to pull on some LMB's . This would be my first attempt of 2009.

Found very clear water conditions and an estimated 58-60 degree temp. Plenty warm enough to wrangle some up. Saw a few cruisers and when I threw a worm at them, most were HUNGRY, as in WHAMMMM! So I picked off 4 or 5 that way.

Also had some followers on things like cranks and swimbaits...did the drop the worm on their head antic, and WHAMMMM! Got a few that way too. I was using a purple/red flake shakey worm/head combo...a deadly Winter pattern on most any body of water.

Probably the most exciting thing and certainly the most suprizing thing was that I got a fish on a swimbait. I was pretty much just using reaction baits to call them in but this little guy decided to be tough and he ate it on the sink.

I guess if you don't learn something everytime you go out into the world, it was a waste of time??? I learned today that my basses like swimbaits, too. The fish today were mostly under 2 pounds with a few dinks thrown in for good measure.

Enjoy the pics...

one_leg
01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Mike, that was a great report. Thanks a lot for the post and pics.

Hitts0n
01-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Good job out there man on your lmb!:Twisted:

socalrippin
01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
good job man!! way to go on the swimbait fish!!!

SoCalGuy7
01-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Love the title.....

Nice!

BassEngineer
01-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Excellente! I don't recognize that bridge...is that in some hidden Japanese garden?

tpfishnfool
01-22-2009, 07:01 AM
You sure you just didnt stick your finger through the toilet paper ? LOL

geobass
01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Nice report Ambassador.... I wish the water temp would hit 60 sometime soon at Castaic!!

Captain Castaic
01-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Nice job on the STINKY PINKY!!!

C.C.

steve092
01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the report!

StriperEye
01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Great report, thanks for all the info.

bones
01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
MMMMMMM........If my memory serves me correct you know somebody who lives there in TL so you can fish it during the daytime. Must be sweet!!!!
I have two honey holes like that over on the west side of the valley that are kind of the same. I just have to fish them between 11pm and 6am though. Not too good this time of year at night but during the summer.......I've had fourty fish nights all on buzzbaits and spooks!!!
It really gives you a much needed fix sometimes especially this time of year.
If you don't mind me asking.......Do you get many fish over 4lbs there? I still havn't broke the 4lb mark at my two spots yet and I've caught hundreds of bass there.

Love the title of the post by the way.....LOL

Keep up the good work and thanks for the report from the east side!