PDA

View Full Version : Nothing special at LNL 1/21

chivo
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
After a number of hold ups i was fishing LNL. I bought my ticket and headed to the launch ramp to see if i could land a big one. Well that wasn't going to happen today. As sopme of you know, I'm a truck driver and i am home 3-9 days a month. Well, yesterday when i got back it was dark and i grabbed my 2 favorite poles. Well when i set up i looked at my poles and one didn't match in size( had a light base rod and heavy top of the rod) So i figured i deal with it. So i looked down and my bail was broken on one side, so it was difficult to reel in. Than i looked at my favorite pole (my 5ft micro ultra light rod and reel). One problem i left the handle in the truck, so i had to spinn the spool with my hands to reel it in. Very getto, but it was my only oppurtunity to fish, so said screw it, i'll make it work. I cast out and within 2 minutes bam!! Reeled that one in with no reel handle. Good thing it was only 1lb. Then sat for 4 hours with nothing so i left. Not my day.

I didn't see to many people fishing today and the one's that were weren't doing too much better, EXCEPT 1 lonely float tuber. When i left he had a double hook-up. I seen him land 4 or so. Maybe next time

Rooster
01-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Good job out there.. I would have loved to see that on video.. Thx for the report. :BFish:

Vman
01-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Better luck next time. Atleast you kept a good attitude about it. Thanks

chivo
01-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Better luck next time. Atleast you kept a good attitude about it. Thanks

The worst day fishing is the best day at the office. Eventhough i have no real office.

chivo
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Good job out there.. I would have loved to see that on video.. Thx for the report. :BFish:

I know what you mean. If it wasn't pitch black when i was pulling in that fish, i'm sure i would have looked kinda funny. Damn, i must have looked like a getto rookie, you know what i mean. Broken reel, no handle and missmatched rods.haha

one_leg
01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Sorry that you had a less than stellar days fishing, with the coming storm front this should have been a great day. Maybe tomorrow will end up being a good one!!!

I didn't see to many people fishing today and the one's that were weren't doing too much better, EXCEPT 1 lonely float tuber. When i left he had a double hook-up. I seen him land 4 or so. Maybe next time

I think that tuber was supposed to fish with me today. I hope that he got his limit.

chivo
01-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I think that tuber was supposed to fish with me today. I hope that he got his limit.[/QUOTE]

I would be $1000 that he did keep a limit

crappiemike
01-21-2009, 09:27 PM
you will sack them next time....

cm

one_leg
01-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I think that tuber was supposed to fish with me today. I hope that he got his limit.

I would be $1000 that he did keep a limit[/quote]

You would probably lose that $1,000.oo

He lets his fish go. I probably know what you are thinking. There is no C&R allowed.

Well, he lets them go anyways.

And no, I will not tell you who it is.

BassEngineer
01-21-2009, 11:38 PM
:ROFL: No reel handle that's funny...at least you did bag the fish, and beat the :Skunk:.

I know you fish there a lot, you will probably kill it next time!

MAN VS WILD
01-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Sometimes you have to make it work with what you have, like you did. Nice job. This place is a great place to fish anywhere from 1-5 days after they stock it. Other than that it is really really slow. Stocking is this Monday 1/26/09

FISH ON!!!

one_leg
01-24-2009, 09:05 PM
One problem i left the handle in the truck, so i had to spinn the spool with my hands to reel it in. Very getto, but it was my only oppurtunity to fish, so said screw it, i'll make it work. I cast out and within 2 minutes bam!! Reeled that one in with no reel handle. Good thing it was only 1lb. Then sat for 4 hours with nothing so i left. Not my day.

You should carry a small vise grip pliers in your cars tool kit. That would work as a handle in a pinch.