PDA

View Full Version : Pvr 1/16-1/17-1/18

fish'n fool
01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Went to Bishop to see if I could continue my luck at PVR.

1/16: Started from the north end and headed to the Ramp. Began fishing at 0900 with a Cast-a-bubble (full of water), split shot, 3 lb leader with a #10 Owner mosquito hook and a pink PW. Cast as far as I could and let the rig sink for a 20 count. First 3 casts resulted in 3 fish. Nothing big. 9-10 inchers. Was getting bit consistently for the next hour but only hooking about a half of them. There was only one other angler there, a fly fisherman at the end of the Ramp. Then at 10, the DFG planting truck showed up and dumped his load. It was like fishing in an aquarium, as I switched to my 2# rig with a split shot and a brown PW. The fish were no more than 10 feet from shore. After C&R'ing about 12 from the "mob" of fish, I went back to casting out to the middle. It seemed too unfair and was not very challenging. I finally quit around 11:30. The count was about 35 for just 2-1/2 hours of fishing.

1/17: Began fishing again at 8:45 am at the Ramp using the same rig as the day before. The fishing was non-stop. Other anglers were catching fish on Thomas Buoyants, Kastmasters, etc. Finished up at 11:00 with the count around 30 C&R'd. Nothing big. 9-12 inchers.

1/18: Began fishing at 8am again. Pretty much the same scenario as the previous 2 days. Ended my fishing day at 10:45. The count: about another 35 C&R'd.

I guess the magic continues at PVR... Can't wait to try again.

Joshua
01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I was there on Saturday. I think you were right on the point, I believe you were talking with a young heavy set kid, Dan.
I went down about 15 yards below the ramp and was killing it. You are right, it seemed too EZ.
I was wearing a Tie Die Tshirt and a Raiders Beanie.

Troutman65
01-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Nice going on the trout. Thanks for the report.

fish'n fool
01-29-2009, 06:18 PM
I was there on Saturday. I think you were right on the point, I believe you were talking with a young heavy set kid, Dan.
I went down about 15 yards below the ramp and was killing it. You are right, it seemed too EZ.
I was wearing a Tie Die Tshirt and a Raiders Beanie.

That was me at the point. I remember you. You looked like you were killing them over there, too. Nice to meet you.

Joshua
01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
That was me at the point. I remember you. You looked like you were killing them over there, too. Nice to meet you.
I should have introduced myself. You made a comment about fishing at the big rock that reminded me of a post on this site. I should have asked.
I am headed back to PVR on 2-07 This is my latest favorite winter spot. Forget the local pay lakes.

fish'n fool
01-29-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm trying to arrange a return trip to PVR but not sure when that will be. The lakes down around the OC are hit and miss. Actually more miss. I fish the Bishop Creek drainage as much as I can during the season. It helps that my wife and her family have a cabin in Aspendell. (She tells me to go fishing a lot. Who am I to disobey?) PVR has been kind to me the last 6 outings there.

The "Big Rock" is the area where the Owens spreads out and is actually more like a reservoir, just downstream of DWP power plant at the north end.

Joshua
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm trying to arrange a return trip to PVR but not sure when that will be. The lakes down around the OC are hit and miss. Actually more miss. I fish the Bishop Creek drainage as much as I can during the season. It helps that my wife and her family have a cabin in Aspendell. (She tells me to go fishing a lot. Who am I to disobey?) PVR has been kind to me the last 6 outings there.

The "Big Rock" is the area where the Owens spreads out and is actually more like a reservoir, just downstream of DWP power plant at the north end.
Aspendell, Nice little village. I can't call it a town or city. Village sounded apprpriate
Do you fish that pond near Cardinal Lodge. I know a guy that owns one of the original houses near the lodge. It used to be the Post office for the mining operation. Tiny little thing

fish'n fool
01-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Aspendell, Nice little village. I can't call it a town or city. Village sounded apprpriate
Do you fish that pond near Cardinal Lodge. I know a guy that owns one of the original houses near the lodge. It used to be the Post office for the mining operation. Tiny little thing

I've tried the pond but have never caught anything there. I usually fish Bishop Creek behind Cardinal Resort and down through Aspendell. Usually I hit North Lake, Intake, Sabrina and South Lake and all other parts of Bishop Creek.

BigGameHunter
02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
It sounds like you did quite well. I have been wanting to hit PVR for a whle now. Hopefully I can hit it before the tournament next month. Thanks for the report...

BGH