PDA

View Full Version : Prado - 1/19/2009

cat_fishes1
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Decided to do something a little different and change my choice of fishing venue. Normally, I prefer the solitude of the West Fork San Gabriel River, but decided to go somewhere else for a change.

When I got up it was overcast, so I thought it might be a good day to go fishing and the weather might be a little cooler. Talked the boyfriend into taking a break form his home improvements and we were off.

I hadn't been to Prado in quite some time and so I looked it up on Google maps. Unfortunately, when I typed in Prado it gave me the dam, and not the park, so we overshot the mark, and I had to find someone at a gas station to get directions. We headed back and found it in no time. For a holiday the crowd was actually pretty light and we found an uncrowded space to set up.

We got there around 1:15pm., had lunch and poles were in the water around 1:30 pm. It turned out to be another beautiful sunny and warm day after all. I started out using real nightcrawlers, but later switched to Powerbait nightcrawlers. I wasn't having much luck where we had first chosen a spot, so I decided to move to close to where we'd parked the car when we first got there.

There were weeds and other vegetation around and sort of a small cove, where I decided to cast out and try my luck. I was rewarded on about my sixth cast when my bobber started moving. Something was definitely playing on the other end of the line. I reeled it in a bit and the playing continued. But alas, no bite. I reeled it back in and cast it out once more. This time more playing, and then the hookup. I reeled in a few times, but this one was reluctant to give in, and gave me a fight worth the catch. Pulled it in and it was a nice one: 16" and weighing in the 2 lb range. I returned back to where my boyfriend had still had no luck in hooking up, net full with my catch. We stayed until closing, but that was the only catch of the day. Good day though (for me anyways)!

Lechuga
01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice report, my buddy buttflyzzz and i were there but we both got the stripe:Rolls Eyes:

one_leg
01-20-2009, 04:34 PM
The fishing at Prado can be off the hook WFO in the winter.

Congrats to you on your nice looking rainbow.

Get there earlier and you will probably score a limit each.

DccFISHerMan
01-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Nice trout!

Vman
01-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Nice looking fish. I enjoyed reading your report. Thanks.

DCCTrouserTrout
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Way to 1-up your boyfriend... ha ha ha

Senor Rambone
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
schooled by the lady ...... nice job. Prado has been putting some nice fish in there. It should pic up these next couple of days. Its starting to rain outside.