PDA

View Full Version : JW Marriot Resort and Spa in PALM DESERT

Stormcrow
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Im going there for a conference this weekend. Has anyone ever been here? There is a large lake right on the property that has golf course on one side and is bordered by walkways on the other. It looks like it holds nice fish. Anybody living in the area know anything about it? I have fished many golf course lakes in Palm Springs and most hold nice fish.

Any info?

fishndrinknsmokin
01-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Im going there for a conference this weekend. Has anyone ever been here? There is a large lake right on the property that has golf course on one side and is bordered by walkways on the other. It looks like it holds nice fish. Anybody living in the area know anything about it? I have fished many golf course lakes in Palm Springs and most hold nice fish.

Any info?

Not me personally but my nephew was there for New Years and I told him to take his pole and ninja the golf course to see if anything was there. Didn't think he was really going to do it but got a text from him at like 2 in the morning that he and his friends were drunk off their *** fishing the pond on the golf course and catching fish. They C&R 4 or 5 carp, I think, caught on left over shrimp tails from room service. Not sure if anything else is in there but it's probably worth getting a line wet. FYI, no place to buy bait so bring it with you or be on the lookout for something you can use while you're there.

Granny Fish
01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice hotel, not sure about the fishing.