PDA

View Full Version : Peck road lake: Spots

Koontaj
01-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Does anybody know a spot/section of the lake that may produce a catch. Also, any lead lengh suggestions. Thinking of going this weekend. State site say they are going to stock....:Confused:

jbassc
01-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Does anybody know a spot/section of the lake that may produce a catch. Also, any lead lengh suggestions. Thinking of going this weekend. State site say they are going to stock....:Confused:

Well since your looking for trout just wait for the trout truck and fish next to were they stock thats going to be your best spot.Bass fishing is another story well to put it in plain english it (STINKS).

smokinflies
01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Well since your looking for trout just wait for the trout truck and fish next to were they stock thats going to be your best spot.Bass fishing is another story well to put it in plain english it (STINKS).

Listen to jbassc.

jbassc
01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Listen to jbassc.

Hey smokin i remember back in the early 90s peck was the s#@T so many bass all over the place i was only in my early teens and i was loving that lake i even tubed it a couple of times those were the good old days even in the late 90s it was still ok but after that all the poachers that are at legg right now just distroyed it.Thats exactly the example i use when im letting people know about catch and release at legg and actually some people think about it and they agree with me of course almost all of them say (i dont speak english sorry)but thats whats happening to legg right now this spring im gonna be on a mission i dont care if i have to knock someone out and i hope i got the support of my fellow leggulars you know who you are we cant just stand there talk and not do s@#t about it excuse my language but im pissed.

smokinflies
01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey smokin i remember back in the early 90s peck was the s#@T so many bass all over the place i was only in my early teens and i was loving that lake i even tubed it a couple of times those were the good old days even in the late 90s it was still ok but after that all the poachers that are at legg right now just distroyed it.Thats exactly the example i use when im letting people know about catch and release at legg and actually some people think about it and they agree with me of course almost all of them say (i dont speak english sorry)but thats whats happening to legg right now this spring im gonna be on a mission i dont care if i have to knock someone out and i hope i got the support of my fellow leggulars you know who you are we cant just stand there talk and not do s@#t about it excuse my language but im pissed.

Like I said, I give you props for actually taking a stand and wanting to do something about the problem, but I don't think it's wise to knock someone out over a fish. I would hate to hear that a leggular went to jail for punching out a poacher.
Come to think of it, that does kind of cool.:Cool: J/K bro.

See you at "The Leggs".

bigbaitlobina
01-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Whats up guys!

New at this forum, Any way i remember reading post about some guy was going to put up some catch and release bass sings at legg. Has any one seen any of these sings yet? Also i my self use to hit peck back in the days. Use to not get skunked. Use to catch some pigs out that pit..... Yeah pochers might have been part of the probelm for the diminishing population of bass. But i remember one year being there and seeing a boat on the water bluestoning the water. Then coming back a few days later and seeing tons of dead carp,catfish,bluegill,shad and specially bass. It was verry sad to see... after that day ive never seen that lake come back to life. Oh yeah one more thing all you saltwater guys that show up at legg in the spring just for bed fish... Shame on you! Talking to you guys all you say "Oh bass fishing is easy, All you have to do is put it near the nest and bamm"...... MAN FU!:Censored: and after the spawn there gone till next spring. I havent fished legg or peck in over 5 years. I just stay away...

BIG BAIT LOBINA!

jbassc
01-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Whats up guys!

New at this forum, Any way i remember reading post about some guy was going to put up some catch and release bass sings at legg. Has any one seen any of these sings yet? Also i my self use to hit peck back in the days. Use to not get skunked. Use to catch some pigs out that pit..... Yeah pochers might have been part of the probelm for the diminishing population of bass. But i remember one year being there and seeing a boat on the water bluestoning the water. Then coming back a few days later and seeing tons of dead carp,catfish,bluegill,shad and specially bass. It was verry sad to see... after that day ive never seen that lake come back to life. Oh yeah one more thing all you saltwater guys that show up at legg in the spring just for bed fish... Shame on you! Talking to you guys all you say "Oh bass fishing is easy, All you have to do is put it near the nest and bamm"...... MAN FU!:Censored: and after the spawn there gone till next spring. I havent fished legg or peck in over 5 years. I just stay away...

BIG BAIT LOBINA!

Thats kind of strange in all the years i fished peck i never seen them dropping bluestone peck use to be a rockcorey just like the one thats right across the street by the 605 fwy its mostly grabel and rock bluestone is usually to kill the weeds and grass but i dont think peck has that problem since its really deep,I heard from a friend that first took me to peck years ago that just this past year 08 he was night fishing for catfish almost every weekend and he told me that there were some salvadorian guys who were on a canoe using throw nets to catch what ever they could he actually talk to these guys looked in there buckets and they had tons of small bass,carp,catfish and gills.Also i remember two years ago this asian older men were setting a giant net trap were the two lakes meet what they did was go at night swim across to the golf course side and place the net all across from side to side just imagine the damage this guys did on the lake,the good news is that this people got caught and prosecuted but the damage is done who knows how long they were doing this before they got caught.

boxl0bster
01-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Thats kind of strange in all the years i fished peck i never seen them dropping bluestone peck use to be a rockcorey just like the one thats right across the street by the 605 fwy its mostly grabel and rock bluestone is usually to kill the weeds and grass but i dont think peck has that problem since its really deep,I heard from a friend that first took me to peck years ago that just this past year 08 he was night fishing for catfish almost every weekend and he told me that there were some salvadorian guys who were on a canoe using throw nets to catch what ever they could he actually talk to these guys looked in there buckets and they had tons of small bass,carp,catfish and gills.Also i remember two years ago this asian older men were setting a giant net trap were the two lakes meet what they did was go at night swim across to the golf course side and place the net all across from side to side just imagine the damage this guys did on the lake,the good news is that this people got caught and prosecuted but the damage is done who knows how long they were doing this before they got caught.

that is the worst thing ive ever heard about poachers from peck. good thing they got caught. i never new crazy !#%$ like that happened at peck. its a crap hole but DAMN...

Sebastian323
01-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Thats kind of strange in all the years i fished peck i never seen them dropping bluestone peck use to be a rockcorey just like the one thats right across the street by the 605 fwy its mostly grabel and rock bluestone is usually to kill the weeds and grass but i dont think peck has that problem since its really deep

how deep is peck anyways? some of those gravel pits look like they could be pretty deep.

jbassc
01-23-2009, 01:37 PM
how deep is peck anyways? some of those gravel pits look like they could be pretty deep.

im not sure exactly but im thinking its in the neighborhood of 30 to 50 feet deep in the deepest part.

Bird dog
01-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Those are the guys that needed to be ko'd!

GLOOMISBOY
01-23-2009, 08:23 PM
im not sure exactly but im thinking its in the neighborhood of 30 to 50 feet deep in the deepest part.

peck is alot deeper than that...peck is an old gravel pit that has been dug up for all it could provide...if you have ever fished the spill way you can see the markers that indicate depth at full pool...and it's way more than 50 feet...

i used to fish peck alot...and she did provide... i havent fished it in a while...but there were times and places that always produced and everything was about timing. figure out the timing and those fish do come up from the depths...

jbassc
01-23-2009, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=GLOOMISBOY;299415]peck is alot deeper than that...peck is an old gravel pit that has been dug up for all it could provide...if you have ever fished the spill way you can see the markers that indicate depth at full pool...and it's way more than 50 feet...

i used to fish peck alot...and she did provide... i havent fished it in a while...but there were times and places that always produced and everything was about timing. figure out the timing and those fish do come up from the depths...[/QUOTE

Like i said i was estimating i dont think even you know the exact depth of that place.

Koontaj
01-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I guess its a no...ha ha. Im going to hit up hollenbeck and lincoln park tonight. I usually go to irvine but since cashflow is low I have to settle for less. Its firme/cool, I usually get a couple from these lakes. People get scared to go at night because of the gang activities. I grew up their so i know the people in that area....Shoot! They fish too, so it cool...their actually on break..:LOL:

smokinflies
01-24-2009, 06:33 PM

There's a dept meter stick on the southwest side of the lake (dam side). Don't remember the what the reading on the stick was the last time I fished that side of the lake.

I know that the water level has been dropping lately.

jcsberger
02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
It gets around 200 ft around the dam.

Sebastian323
02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
There's a dept meter stick on the southwest side of the lake (dam side). Don't remember the what the reading on the stick was the last time I fished that side of the lake.

I know that the water level has been dropping lately.

water level is heading back up now!

smokinflies
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
water level is heading back up now!

i was there yesterday, and it looks like the water level is up by 8 ft at least. all the signs around the lake are under water. too bad the water condition is really bad. it's has that mud brown color from the rain run off.

castle
02-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Good place for the undercovers to go. They can fish and catch poachers at the same time.