PDA

View Full Version : KLAMATH LAKE OREGON- IS THERE FISHING?

lubemanone
04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Does any one know if there is good fishing or if any fishing at Klamath lake in Oregon? I recently took a plane to seattle wa. and seen this huge lake from the plane, so when i came home I googled it, the info said it has blue algae.But this is a huge lake,at least from 30,000 ft it still looks huge.Please help on info. Thanks

Spear Hunter
04-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Ive been by this lake a few times driving to Bend and I have never seen anyone on the lake. I really dont know if it gets fished much

tenderloin
04-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I have visited Klamath falls often. Klamath Lake has good fishing for BIG rainbows. Fish where the Williamson or Wood Rivers enter the lake.

The Williamson River is also a great place to fish. Besides where it enters the lake, where it crosses the main highway is a great spot.

For smaller rainbows my favorite was Spring Creek, the clearest water around.. Very walkable and fishable, just bring 1-2 lb test. It is also good where Spring Creek enters the Williamson by Collier Memorial State Park/Williamson River day use area. north of Klamath Lake. The best area is just at the edge of the park . there is a line where the warmer off color Williamson River meets the cold clear Spring Creek water. That ridge is where the trout hang out. easy wading and great fishing

For brown trout try Miller Lake Lake of the Woods and Fourmile Lake are also good and reasonably close by for several trout species as well as Kokanee Salmon.

Further up you have the Umpqua River and Diamond lake, which is Oregon's equivalent to our Crowley Lake.

South of Klamath Falls the canals and reservoirs are full of warm water species....bass, cats and pan fish.

Good luck and enjoy

tpfishnfool
05-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey Tenderloin, Sounds like you know central Oregon well :D I too Visit
the Bend/Redmond area every summer. What a great place. Fish all over
the area. East Lake, The Dechutes, crane Prarie, Etc. I too have wondered
about Klamath Lake. There must be some pig bows in that place. Always
see the drift boat guys on the williamson along the 97. :D

I have visited Klamath falls often. Klamath Lake has good fishing for BIG rainbows. Fish where the Williamson or Wood Rivers enter the lake.

The Williamson River is also a great place to fish. Besides where it enters the lake, where it crosses the main highway is a great spot.

For smaller rainbows my favorite was Spring Creek, the clearest water around.. Very walkable and fishable, just bring 1-2 lb test. It is also good where Spring Creek enters the Williamson by Collier Memorial State Park/Williamson River day use area. north of Klamath Lake. The best area is just at the edge of the park . there is a line where the warmer off color Williamson River meets the cold clear Spring Creek water. That ridge is where the trout hang out. easy wading and great fishing

For brown trout try Miller Lake Lake of the Woods and Fourmile Lake are also good and reasonably close by for several trout species as well as Kokanee Salmon.

Further up you have the Umpqua River and Diamond lake, which is Oregon's equivalent to our Crowley Lake.

South of Klamath Falls the canals and reservoirs are full of warm water species....bass, cats and pan fish.

Good luck and enjoy