PDA

View Full Version : almost had my first bass of 09

a biley
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
but i'm an idiot and tried setting my drag while fighting not keeping a tight line! fish jumped and spit it out as i did it... would have been my personal best too! (i catch tiny LMB) looked around 4-5lbs...

like i said i'm persistent, i will catch it at that lake! met marc from performance last night, and a worker from irvine whitney? i think he's dropshot man, then today met a cool guy named scott... DFG came and ticketed people!! about time!

DccFISHerMan
01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
You still got awhile to catch the pb in 09. good to see DFG is out there.

crystalmath79
01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry about the lost PB bass. You'll get her again, bro. What lure were you throwin?

a biley
01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
black grape robo t-rigged! man that was (cound have been) the first fish on the cumara, and i love it! i feel everything on the bottom!

crystalmath79
01-20-2009, 05:45 AM
cumara, or Kodaak? Pilipino style

HBJapo
01-20-2009, 09:18 AM
a-biley,

Don't worry, you'll get 'em the next time! I did the same with a cat from HB Central recently. I've been fishing for years and pulled the classic mistake, but, hey, it happens to the best of 'em.

Japo :Envious:

a biley
01-20-2009, 04:29 PM
cumara, or Kodaak? Pilipino style

aye nako, cumara shimano...

one_leg
01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Set it and forget it. 1/3 of the line test rating. Keep it up off the bottom and out of the weeds and rocks.

I am looking forward to seeing a report from you with a nice LMB real soon.

And Whitney is real cool peeps.

Lechuga
01-20-2009, 04:45 PM
DOH!:Angry: That's sucks ! happens to the best of us !
Go get revenge !:Twisted:

a biley
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Set it and forget it. 1/3 of the line test rating. Keep it up off the bottom and out of the weeds and rocks.

I am looking forward to seeing a report from you with a nice LMB real soon.

And Whitney is real cool peeps.

yeah cool guys, and the bass skunk is off!!! you saw it! woohoo!

bigbaitlobina
01-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Drop the cumara and get your self a performance rod... Mark makes the sickest rods out there. I have 4 of them my self. My fav is the 7',2" finese jig rod... The best all around rod you can get. Its $ but you get what you pay for. Whitney is a cool mother f'er.

a biley
01-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Drop the cumara and get your self a performance rod... Mark makes the sickest rods out there. I have 4 of them my self. My fav is the 7',2" finese jig rod... The best all around rod you can get. Its $ but you get what you pay for. Whitney is a cool mother f'er.

no way man, after hooking fish on the cumara, i'm in love with it. not only is it light, and cast accurately it's extremely sensitive. I'll see after i get the custom phenix if i'll get one from performance