PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 1/18 and Monday 1/19 MLK derby results.

VineAssist
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey everyone it has been a little hectic some I am combining the final two days of the MLK derby into one sweet report. Both days saw a little tougher fishing than the first day due in fact too a)the sheer amount of people and a big high pressure that finally left the last day of the tournament.
On sunday 1/18 a couple of bruiser fish still managed to be landed mostly by the guys trolling lures or fishing away from the crowds. A lot of guys where having success trolling CD05 and CD07 Rapalas while the bait guys where having success fishing the powerbaits and nightcrawlers.
The big fish of the tournamnet was a absolutley beautiful 12.10 Rainbow taken by Greg "G-Money" Bennet fo Long Beach while trolling a CD07 in the Purple Transclecent color at Trout Island. Congrats goes out to G-Money on his catch.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/IMG_0263.jpg
Oscar Nare of Santa Ana took second in the event with his 8.12 Rainbow. Oscar was fishing from the West Shore with powerbait when he made the catch. Oscar also mentioned that he lost a stringer with a couple of fish the same size on it...
Here are the winners from Sunday's tournament
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/MlkSunday.jpg
1. Greg Bennet 12.10
2.Oscar Nare 8.10
3.Todd Lundquist 4.0
4.Marty Steelman 2.10
5.Gilbet Cervantes 2.8
6.Keith Russel 2.6
7.Jos Wischmeyer 2.6
8.Andres Virgen 2.4
9.Nathan Silva 2.4
10.Fernando Diaz 2.4

Monday tournament drew out pretty much the same as Mondays.. A battle to the end with a lot of heartbreaking stories of lost fish and missed opportunties. If you had a fish that was around the 2.0 mark you where in the running for the money. Topping the field was Chris Edwards of Tustin. Chris is a regular here during the week so his victory should come as no suprise. Here is Chris pictured with his tournament winning 8.10 Rainbow taken from the flats on a nightcrawler.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/IMG_0274.jpg
On a side note Chris had allready qualified for the MASTERS INVITATIONAL so that means a lucky angler will qualify in this one.
Here are the winners from Monday's tournament.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/IMG_0279.jpg
1.Chris Edwards 8.10
2.Tony Prado 3.0
3.Aaron "Troutdog,TD" Titelman 2.8
4.Byron "b-ware" Ware 2.8
5.Taylor Patracelli 2.6
6.Nathan Silva 2.6
7.Rogelio Lopez 2.4
8.Jose Godinez 2.4
9.Omar "Huggybear,2quickmotorworks" Banks 2.2
10.John Burns 2.0
Congratulations to all the winners from this event. I would also like to thank all our fine sponsers:
Pure Fishing (Berkley)
Long Beach Sportfishing
VMC Hooks
Mobile Medic
Longfin Tackle
Anglers Marine
Fishingnetwork.net / Team 57
C&J Bait
Westren Outdoor News
Fish Taco
and Heinken USA
Thank again everyone for coming out. Hope to see you at our next tournament which will be Presidents Day. Stay tuned for up to the date information.
Jimmy

Mondo21
01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Congrats to all!:Dancing Banana: Great job Guys! Cindy:Big Smile:

Granny Fish
01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Congratulations to all the winners. Especially nice to see so many FNN members in the money. :Cool:

MAVERICK27
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Way to represent Team 57!!!!!! I guess it was a tough weekend alltogether....dmaybe they only stocked a couple big fish ;)

calico killer kevin
01-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks a lot for the tourny. We had a lot of fun.

one_leg
01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Atta Boy G-MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya gotta love the BLOODY Pinstripe.

Congrats to everyone else too.

Rooster
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Im still trying to figure out the red tail :EyePop:

olfishergal
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Congrats GMoney...........a Master in his own right without a tourney win......Congrats TD and Omar..........WTG T57

Rooster
01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
G$ Congrats on the winning Trout. Its hard to place when money is on the line. But i guess with a name like yours you do it often. :Thumbs Up: Props

TD your on a roll my brother.. Omar good job, Your really becoming a threat out there. Very well done!

hakaveli
01-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Bad Boyz on the board yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fisherman57
01-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Congrats G-Money! Awesome Fish!
Congrats Aaron & Omar..... in the money!

Thanks gentlemen for reppin' TEAM 57, looks like it was a great day out there for lots of lucky anglers!

Hope so see you guys soon!

BassinChef
01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Way to go G money congratulations brother ....awesome catch

BassinChef

Hitts0n
01-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Slayage !:Cool::Cool:

kewlwhip
01-20-2009, 12:15 AM
yea congrats to all the winners!

-and special congrats to TD and Omar!!...GMoney's fish..was still kickin when he weighed it in-congrats on that catch too!

Sue
01-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Awesomeness!

I get insider information these days, so already knew about GMoney, Omar and Aaron :Big Grin::Big Grin::ROFL: (Thanks, Gator, for going fishing while I was stuck in the office!!!) :ROFL:

Well done lads!

DCCTrouserTrout
01-20-2009, 06:00 AM
G Money... way to go brother... that's a nice fish

CASTAWAY
01-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Way to go Gmoney! That's a nice one.:Thumbs Up:

Gmoney
01-20-2009, 08:10 AM
hey y'all
thanks for all the nice comments. its always good to be in the right place at the right time.

Alan and I had a pretty slow day trolling and were making one last loop before heading in....Im glad we did cuz that fish was a blast! now i have a lil extra $$ to fly my pop in to see the grand kids.....wahoooooo!!!

it was really nice getting to see so many people and as always having great conversations with so many fnn/57 friends is always cool!!

im with ya on that red tail....crazy! It was just starting to turn colors when the fish came in, but by the time i got it to the tackle shop it was already getting to be a deeper red. ive never seen anything like that. I dont know if its possible or not but my guess is that the fish blew a blood vessel during the fight. kinda like if you sneeze to hard and blow a vessel in your eyeball...it gets all deep red:EyePop: If anyone has any ideas as to what may cause a tail to turn red like that Id love to know.

thanks to daniella, jimmy, patrick and the rest of irvine staff that once again put on a really nice event. great lake, great organization, great people, and great times

Im looking forward to my opportunity to rep the BBFC (yeah now), Team57 and FNN at the Masters - wahoooooo!

laters
G$

Poxy Boggards
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Congrats to G Money and Trout Dog!

Could not have happened to a nicer guy! Congrats on the DD G Money

Congrats on your first tourny win Trout Dog!

troutdog
01-20-2009, 11:44 AM
G-Money in the Masters....woot-woot! I am really stoked for you and wish you the best of luck on the big day.

2Quick great fishing with you this weekend, glad we got a chance to hang and enjoy all the fun on Monday....it was great placing, now we gotta qualify for the Masters! :LOL:

Thanks for all the props and congrats to all the money makers this weekend,

TD

Judder73
01-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Way To GO Guys!!!!!! Congrats G Money, 2Quick, and Trout Dog. Nice Fish!! :Applause:

KEL40
01-20-2009, 12:12 PM
From an angler who parcipated in the MLK Tourney. Thanks to all who help with this event. It was truly a great experience for me and my son. THe crowds were huge and in my opinion the tournament was well organized. THanks!!