PDA

View Full Version : smallest ultra light reels?

Slims
01-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Just curious what are the smallest ultra/micro/tiny lite reel models there are out there? I'm looking for something like lb/yards 2/170 4/90. That is what my old silstar tiny 20 would hold. I am trying to make good quality spinning reels for my pen rods, so I want the smallest models made by big companies like silstar, shimano, diawa, shakespeare, quantum, okuma etc. They don't have to have any more than one or two bearings. I'm looking to spend 20-25 per reel if possible.

All I really have to do is shave down the reel legs with my dremel so they fit in the small oddly shaped reel seat on the pen rods. Shouldn't be too hard, I just want really light reels to match up.

Thanks guys.

Nessie Hunter
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Bass Pro ShopsŪ TinyLite™ Spinning Reel

http://tinyurl.com/4zadqp

4 LB/125 YDS………….$17.99
The workhorse UL reel for the crappie fisherman—smooth and strong, built to last, yet very affordable. Great for multiple rod sets. Reel features compact graphite body; lightweight aluminum spool; 2 bearing system; precision die-cast gears; selective silent anti-reverse; and spool-applied disc drag system. Weight: 5.4 oz. Line capacity: 4 lb./125 yards. Line recovery: 22" per handle turn. Gear ratio: 5.2:1. FREE spare spool.

Bass Pro ShopsŪ Micro Lite™ Supreme Spinning Reels

http://tinyurl.com/39grmc

4 LB/115 YDS……….. $29.77
Ultralight fishermen, rejoice! Never again will you have to settle for subpar spinning reel performance. MicroLite Supreme is arguably the finest, smoothest, strongest and easiest-handling UL reel available, with features beyond thoseof many of today’s most advanced full-size spinning reels.
Reel features: strong graphite body; machined-aluminum spool with titanium lip; gold titanium bail wire; Sure-Click™ bail to prevent premature bail trip; oversized titanium ball-bearing line roller; super-smooth 8-bearing system including PowerLock™ instant anti-reverse; and machined-aluminum handle. FREE spare spool.

-------------

I thought Cabelas had a couple also, but couldnt find them???

Ifishtoolittle
01-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Personally what I would do is to just go to your local Wal-mart and buy a Shakespeare microspin combo. The reel is great like 2-3 ball bearings and the whole set-up is like 18 bucks.

lizzay
01-19-2009, 04:56 PM
go to Walmart.com okuma aveon 10. It was like 100 bucks I got it for 50. That was last month but doesn't hurt to check. It has 11 bearings

DCCTrouserTrout
01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I have the bass pro TinyLite and it is a decent reel... Did some heavy stream fishing in the sierra's with it and it held up ok... Pretty cheap to buy too

GdHkSet1
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Never had issues with Okumas. I ordered 2 of the Aveons on Walmarts web for my bro in LV, he received both within 5 days but the reels had a tight spin to them and they felt heavy. Maybe he got a couple of lemons, took them back and got store credit instead. The price is a good deal if they still have them.

Stormcrow
01-20-2009, 11:10 AM
go on Ebay and see if you can find an old Daiwa 500C. Rock solid and just the size your looking for. I still have mine.

FISHNFOOL9
01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
go on Ebay and see if you can find an old Daiwa 500C. Rock solid and just the size your looking for.

Kick ***** reel, i have 2 of them. 1 i use the other is brand new in the box(nope not for sale). I would say that reel has over 600+ trout to its name.

GUNFISH
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
I have several of the Shimano ultralight reels, model # AXULSA. They have a very smooth drag system, perfect for 2# line. Around $25 at Boaters World, or $19 plus shipping on Amazon.com.

Slims
01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I wil check those all out and pick the ones that best fit what I want to do.

I appreciate your time.

basscatcher
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
the shimano 500 reel is a awesome one its a really small one its black and awesome. i use it for my gills and trout. kenny rod and reels have those and brand new smalll diawa reels for like 16 bucks.

God Bless

basscatcher

chivo
01-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I've got 6 mini reels and there hard to find. I don't think anyone makes them anymore. You have too look everywere. I've heard turners have them sometimes.Check the web, you'll find them

Kareem Korn
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
It's called a Tiny. I forgot the manufacture. It has 7 ballbearings. And a really smooth drag.