PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: swimbait rod

matt duarte
01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
hey guys i just ordered a luna for my swimbait tossin but i need a better pole to put it on... Looking for at least a 7' 11" extra heavy meduim or fast action..has to at least be able to take up to a 6oz bait.. Will pay cash or trade for fish tank and all the goods haha

Fastfish
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Look at my Flipp'in rod here in the Classified's its 8ft length here's the length

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=28156

Socal Bassman
01-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey bro, I've got a 8'XH Californian Calico Special. Don't think I'll be throwing swimbaits much anymore. I only used this thing three times since I bought it. The rod handles the Lunker Punker and Hudds easily. If interested, $80 and it's yours.

matt duarte
01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
sold! pm sent haha

matt duarte
01-20-2009, 08:20 AM
whats the action on it? is it medium or fast action? also is it built like a slatwater rod? by that i mean thick..info and pix would be awesome...im tossin baits on a 7" saltwater rod cause its all i got and its kinda a work out with it being so thick and short

Socal Bassman
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
whats the action on it? is it medium or fast action? also is it built like a slatwater rod? by that i mean thick..info and pix would be awesome...im tossin baits on a 7" saltwater rod cause its all i got and its kinda a work out with it being so thick and short

I'm sure it's a fast action. It's a saltwater inshore rod. It's not that thick, IMO. I mean it's not as thick as those big catfish rods and it's not as thin as a flippin stick. I'll post up pictures after work.